Ray of Hope

YOU ARE MY DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And sometimes, against all odds, against all logic, we still hope.”

Dr. Dami was in the operation room when I tried to reach her on the phone. At last, I made the decision to give Dr. Han a call; she deserves to know the state of her son. It took two rings before Dr. Han answered the phone.
"Hello, Dr. Han.”
"Hi Sandara, How unexpected! Dear, how are you doing? I assumed you would have forgotten about me once you met your parents.”

"Not at all, Dr. That is not at all how it is. Did you receive no information at all from Dr. Dami?"

"No, she didn't updated me."
"Dr. I sincerely apologise. Lt. Kwon's career is going to be destroyed because of me.”
"Please relax down and explain everything to me."
I related to her the whole story of my abduction and eventual rescue. I just didn't tell her about our relationship.

"Sandara I feel proud of my son. There's no reason to be anxious. Everything will work out just fine. Never hold yourself accountable."

I am unable to put my feelings into words. Should I experience joy or sorrow? My eyes started to brim up with tears. I am genuinely an extremely blessed girl.
"Hey, you're done sobbing now. I have surgery today, Dr. Kwon will undoubtedly take the earliest flight to Jinhae.”

I cut the talk short as soon as I saw the Judge entering the courtroom and dash into the legal chamber.

***

 “A financial fine or an additional weekend spent in the barracks are examples of punishments. It is even possible to wind up in a Navy prison. His career will be ruined by the disciplinary record of his infraction, which will be in his personal file.” I heard one cadet comment. 

I had a pleasant impression of the Navy for a very long time, but that is no longer the case. I'm sure that dad said something to Ji out of frustration or as a warning to keep him from completing the task without getting authorization from the seniors. He'll never bring him before the tribunal. Nevertheless, a few have seized the opportunity to destroy his career.

Sergeant “All those related to this case, Please step forward, and you shall be heard. Honourable Judge Advocates General of the Navy - Rear Admiral Lee Soon- jae is presiding.”

Everyone in the courtroom is on their feet. The judge walks into the courtroom towards his chair.

 “Where are we?” Judge asked.

 "Lt. Kwon Jiyong the defendant charged with Article 15, 74, and Section 41, 47, 51 and 68, " Attroney Jung answered.

"Is the defence interested in entering a plea?"Judge asked. 

 “Indeed, my Lord. He is not guilty.” Attroney Jung replied.

"Enter the defendants' plea of not guilty. After fifteen minutes, we will adjourn as a general court martial." Judge stated.  He raps the gavel.

 Flashback:

“Hello Lt. Kwon I am your Attroney Jung, and he is my assistance, Attroney Lee Donghae.”

“Hello Sir.” Lt. Kwon greeted. 

“Hello.” Donghae and Jiyong greeted each other. 

"You don't think highly of me, do you? It doesn't matter; forget it and don't respond to that. Sandy is the reason I'm here." Donghae said to Jiyong.

"Lieutenant Kwon Jiyong, do you accept the charges raised against you?"Attroney Jung asked.
"Yes, sir, I accept all of the accusations."

“I am going to plead not guilty. I have gotten the orders from your seniors.”

“That’s not going to work. I did nothing wrong, Sir. I did my job. If that has consequences, then I accept them. But I won't say I'm not guilty, Sir.”

“I can’t believe this.”

“We follow rules, Sir.”

“You and your rules, You are telling me you follow rules. You are being charged for not following them. Add one more to the list, and you will be free.”

"I wanted to live honourably and save lives, fight for my country, so I joined the Navy. If a jury and court decide that what I did was wrong, and I'll accept whatever punishment they give. But I believe I was right, Sir. I believe I did my job. And I won't dishonour myself.”

“I am not telling you to dishonour yourself, but believe in others; trust them; they also wish for your bright future. I don’t tell you to lie. You just have to remain silent. We shall take the necessary action. This concludes the negotiation. We are on record going forward. I'll see you at the court tomorrow morning." 

"It doesn't matter what I believe; it only matters what can be proven.”

 “That’s my job." Please don't tell me what I know and don't know. I know the law better than you.”

"Just because you are accused of a crime and facing court martial does not mean that you are guilty of committing one. When you are charged in military court, you are still innocent until proven guilty, so if you want to fight the charges, you can and should. As long as you have an experienced attorney on your side who can build a strong case, you will have a good opportunity to have the charges dismissed or found innocent. While there is never a way to predict what the results of a tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter