Mr. Right is Here ❣️

YOU ARE MY DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love." ❤

 

Kwon’s Hospital

Dara’s POV:

The best year in the curriculum, in my opinion, is the internship year, which is also the best thing that can happen to a doctor. I've completed five months of my internship. I've worked in numerous departments. In orthopaedics, neuroscience, and cardiology, I have learned how to stay calm and composed even when under too much work stress. I learned the true meaning of "being privileged" and "lucky to be born into a well-off family" during an internship. I have seen people deny further investigations and treatment because they don't have money. For such needy patients, Kwon’s hospital has built a trust that helps them. I never thought this big private hospital was secretly doing such a good deed. Under the direction of Dr. Han Gi-ran, I am now doing my obstetrics and gynaecology internship.

Every day I get to learn something new. Every staff member in every department was incredibly kind and helpful. Its like a big family working together.

Dr. Kim Min-joon from the Neuroscience Department gave me a crucial piece of advice. Take in as much information as you can from each patient you encounter. He advised me to research the literature, become involved with any intriguing clinical concepts or patient cases, and present my findings to the team. Determine at least three abilities you want to improve on each week, discuss them with the team, and endeavor to meet your educational objectives.

I observed a wide range of patients, ranging from newborns to those who were 92 years old; some were accompanied by family, while others were by themselves. Patients who were alone could sense their disappointment in themselves, wishing they had the freedom to leave. Some bad patients always asked for unnecessary medications, which annoyed me to the core.
We had to deal with an annoying family, long work hours, and unnecessary haste. Once, an elderly woman in her 70s arrived at our busy Emergency room holding a bloodied handkerchief around her hand. I quickly responded to her and saw that one of her fingers was cut in two pieces beyond fixing. I gave her rapid medical attention, treated her wound, and sewed it. It was a simple process for me, but the comments that followed have encouraged me ever since: "May God make every doctor like you, dear. She questioned as she softly touched my head, "Do you have a boyfriend?" I had a lot of good patients. Many patients blessed me after getting treatment. A few patients who were abusive and angry when they entered the hospital at the end became calm after I managed their cases, and it is something that made me most happy. Some are old, sweet, and polite; Some would not say a word to me except smile. Others would start extensive conversations. I've also had my worst times. I started crying, when conditions were challenging.

Once, I saw a baby girl crying because her mother was admitted with us in the surgery department for Heart valve repair. Just thinking about her makes my heart drop. How I wish to help this baby girl. I know in my heart that I cannot buy her a smile by offering her chocolates. We can only try our best to make the surgery successful.

I once saw an elderly man struggling to breathe as his lungs were stuffed full of fluid. The on-call doctor got tired after giving CPR for five to ten minutes but the doctor won't give up on saving someone's life.

It's good to have a doctor's compliment or a patient's heartfelt "Thank you!"

This feeling is subjective to the individual, just like beauty. If you have a passion for medicine, this would be a unique and enjoyable experience. If you don't, it could seem odd.

In the end, the problems of the day have no significance. So, after days like these, all we want to do is be carefree and happy and go out and have fun while temporarily forgetting our issues.

***

I am now dealing with a variety of challenges, both work-related and personal. Nowadays, I routinely receive a box of chocolates, a bouquet of red roses, and sometime a cup of coffee. Bom is making an effort to act as a matchmaker. Ahn Jae-hyun, one of the interns, had made a proposal to me a few days prior, which I gently declined. He and Bom were both interns in the same department. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter