Chapter 6

chasing stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a new day continued to arrive, Rosie’s notes became more varied. Some contained uplifting quotes, while others shared snippets of interesting trivia or funny anecdotes.

 

“Did you know that cats can make over 100 different sounds? They’re basically furry little opera singers! Meow-sical talents, right? – Rosie”

 

Jennie read Roseanne’s note, her expression initially guarded. But as she read the message, it brought a flicker of amusement to her eyes.

 

“Why don’t skeletons fight each other? They don’t have the guts! – Rosie”

 

Jennie’s lips curled into a small and barely visible grin.

 

“Good morning! I had the most absurd dream last night. I dreamt that I woke up and my eyebrows were completely gone! It reminded me of the time when I was a kid and thought it would be a brilliant idea to shave off one of my eyebrows. Needless to say, it was not my finest fashion statement! – Rosie”

 

As Jennie read the words, she started to picture it. The image of Roseanne, eyebrowless and reminiscent of her childhood mishap, brought a genuine sense of amusement. She turned around and moved away from the glass barrier with a soft chuckle escaping her lips.

 

“If you can’t remember my name, just say ‘chocolate’... I’ll turn around! – Rosie (sometimes ‘chocolate’)”

 

She likes chocolates.

The next morning, Jennie noticed something different as she looked at the note that is stuck on the other side of the glass barrier. Instead of the usual handwritten message, there was a small doodle sketched on the piece of paper.

 

It was an intricately sketched flower, a daisy, with delicate petals and vibrant colors that seemed to jump off the paper. The attention to detail and artistic skill evident in Roseanne’s doodle surpr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter