Chapter 12

chasing stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the night settled around them, enveloping Rosie’s hospital room in a soothing stillness, she took a deep breath and spoke into the phone, her voice gentle yet filled with excitement. “Okay, Jennie, I’ve got a story for you. Are you ready?”

 

Jennie leaned back against her pillows, her attention captured by the anticipation in Rosie’s voice. “Like I have a choice.”

 

Rosie chuckled softly, a sound that carried both warmth and amusement. She knew Jennie’s playful retort was just a defense mechanism, a way to mask the underlying curiosity she held. With a twinkle in her eye, Rosie began her tale.

 

Rosie’s tale began with a nostalgic twinkle in her eyes, transporting them both to a time long ago. “Once upon a time, in a small village nestled among rolling hills, there lived a young girl named Rosie. Now, Rosie had always been a picky eater, turning her nose up at anything that didn’t appeal to her.”

 

Jennie chuckled softly, the sound escaping her lips despite her best efforts to maintain her usual stoic demeanor. “Sounds familiar,” she interjected, a playful note in her voice.

 

Rosie’s laughter echoed through the phone, a joyous melody that danced with memories. “Yes, Jennie, you know me too well. Now, back to the story. One day, Rosie’s grandmother introduced her to a unique combination: sweet potatoes and kimchi.”

 

Jennie’s eyebrows arched in curiosity, her interest piqued by the unexpected pairing. “Sweet potatoes and kimchi? That’s a weird combination. I wouldn’t have thought to put those together.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter