Chapter 3

chasing stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the third day, as Jennie reluctantly opened her eyes to another morning in the hospital room, her gaze shifted towards the glass barrier. There was a new note, neatly pinned on the other side of the glass. It read, “Good morning! Wishing you a day filled with hope and healing. – Rosie”

 

Jennie’s eyes lingered on the note, but she remained steadfast in her resolve to shut out any potential connection. She looked at the note for a short while then walked away, ignoring the warm gesture. Unbeknownst to her, Rosie, from the opposite room, watched with a soft smile, understanding the guarded nature that enveloped Jennie.

 

Days turned into nights, and every morning, Jennie woke up to find another note waiting for her. Each message carried words of encouragement, kindness, and an invitation to open up. But Jennie kept her walls intact, dismissing the notes as mere distractions from her inner turmoil. And as she read each note, Rosie, with a flicker of hope in her eyes, would occasionally wave or offer a gentle smile, even if Jennie never seemed to notice.


The third note appeared, adorned with a small doodle of a star: “I hope you find strength in the stars that light up the night. We’re all part of the same sky. – Rosie”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter