Epilogue

chasing stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the dimly lit observation deck of the Burj Khalifa, Jennie stood alone, her gaze fixed on the night sky. It had been a year since Rosie’s passing, and this was their planned destination, a place they had hoped to visit together. But tonight, Rosie was absent, her presence only lingering in Jennie’s heart and the box she clutched tightly in her hands.

 

As the night sky sparkled with stars, Jennie’s eyes welled up with tears. She remembered the countless nights she and Rosie had spent stargazing, searching for shooting stars. It was their special connection, a shared joy that had now turned bittersweet.

 

Before Rosie entered her life, Jennie had often been consumed by an overwhelming sense of emptiness. Each day felt like a monotonous journey through a colorless world, where joy was scarce, and genuine connections were few and far between. The weight of loneliness hung heavy on her shoulders, and she yearned for something more, even though she couldn’t quite define what that something was.

 

Then, like a burst of radiant light, Rosie appeared. With her infectious laughter and playful spirit, Rosie brought a vibrant palette of colors into Jennie’s once-dull existence. Their bond blossomed into a beautiful friendship, and Jennie found herself experiencing a profound happiness she had never known before.

 

However, life’s unpredictable course took Rosie away from her all too soon. Rosie’s passing left Jennie with an emptiness unlike any other she had experienced. It was a void tinged with the memory of the joy they had shared together and the profound impact Rosie had on her life.

 

Rosie taught her what happiness was.

 

But in the wake of Rosie’s departure, Rosie also taught her what sadness was.

 

Because you wouldn’t know sadness if you hadn’t already experienced happiness, because sadness, in and of itself, was the longing for the past happiness.

 

Jennie clung tightly to the box Rosie had left for her, cherishing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter