Chapter 21

chasing stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following night, as Jennie stood outside Rosie’s room, she couldn’t help but notice the glass door in Rosie’s room that led to a balcony. Curiosity got the better of her, and she approached one of the nurses stationed nearby.

 

“Is there any way I could go to Rosie’s balcony?” Jennie asked.

 

The nurse shook her head. “Without going in Rosie’s room, it’s impossible.”

 

A determined look crossed Jennie’s face as she contemplated the situation. Then, an idea struck her. She remembered the balcony of the room she had occupied during her own confinement at the hospital.

 

“What if I go through the balcony of the room I used to stay in?” Jennie proposed, her voice filled with anticipation.

 

The nurse hesitated, realizing the lengths Jennie was willing to go for her friend. She understood the depth of their friendship, having witnessed it firsthand. After a brief pause, the nurse relented, knowing that denying Jennie this opportunity would only dampen Rosie’s spirits further.

 

“All right,” the nurse finally conceded. “But please be careful.”

 

With the nurse’s assistance, Jennie made her way to her old room, filled with anticipation. The nurse opened the glass door leading to the balcony, and Jennie stepped out onto the familiar space, her heart pounding with a mix of excitement and concern.

 

From her own balcony, Jennie looked across to Rosie’s balcony. With careful steps, Jennie moved along the edge of her balcony, eyeing the gap betw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter