Chapter 3. Why should I care?

Hot & Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Jahoon's POV*

There was nothing normal with my life from the point of other people but for me all of it was normal. I got out of bed and opened the fridge to see nothing in there.

Jahoon: Well it seems like another hungry day for me.

I closed the door while sighing. As I said, all of this is normal for me since I’m living alone. Ever since I became legal age, I have been living alone. Not because I have a choice. Ever since I was born there has been no one who has ever cared about me. All of my life has been a living hell with other people, so I just stopped caring about them. Stopped caring about them the same day they stopped caring about me. I got my school uniform on and threw my bag over my shoulder before heading out for school. During the walk to school, I passed the convenience store. Maybe I should head in to quickly grab something to eat? I pulled my wallet out to see if I had any cash but there was none at all. That is fine! Maybe I have some in my bank- never mind… it is only the start of the month and I’m already this broke. Maybe I could ask my boss for an early paycheck? But on the other hand, I have asked her a bit too much about it lately. I continued to walk to school when I bumped into a tteokbokki place. The smell from it was lurking me closer and I could feel my stomach growling even more than before. I just stood there and looked at it, wishing that I could get myself a bowl of it. Just enough to keep me going for the day.

Tteokbokki lady: Do you want something or not?! If you don't have any money then go away!

The old lady at the stand waved me away with an irritated look on her face. I just looked at her nonchalantly for a moment before walking away and continuing walking to school. Why don't I ask my parents for money? Because they literally don't care about me. To them I was more worth dead than alive, practically I was dead to them. So there was definitely no help at all. Maybe I should stop by a food bank on my way home? I arrived at school and just walked directly to my class. I could hear other students talking about me but I didn't care at all. It was all normal, nothing to care about. Again, why should I care when they don't even care about me? I sat down at my desk and pulled out my phone to play a game. I sat there for a while until I felt someone hugging me from behind. In fact, I knew who it was. The only one who kept getting close to me even though I “kind of pushed them away” was Chaehyun. To be honest, I’m kind of amazed by how she doesn’t give up trying to get closer to me even when I haven’t been speaking to her so much or trying to interact with her.

Chaehyun: Good morning Jahoon! Did you sleep well?

Chaehyun sat down on her seat beside me and looked at me with a smile. I was kind of grateful that she didn’t get scared away from me pushing her away but on the other hand, I was still kind of wary around her. Especially after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter