Chapter 6. What is this feeling?

Hot & Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since I got to know the other girls, I somehow have gotten happier than I have ever been before. I began to trust in people more than I had but still, I was wary of them after all that I have been through. The only people that I have begun to fully trust are Chaehyun and her group of friends. Speaking of the sun, Chaehyun and I have kind of gotten much closer to each other. Whenever I’m around her I would always be feeling calm with her. She would always make me feel like I could be myself without having to worry about being judged or anything. Even though I would feel calm when I’m around her, I would always feel my heart beat a little bit faster than normal. At first, I thought it was something normal that could be explained like my health was getting worse for a moment and that it would go away with time but the more time that I spent with her the more I realized that I was only feeling like this whenever I was with her but not with the other girls. Not with Eunbi unnie, Hikaru, or Mashiro. Only with Chaehyun.

Eunbi: Earth to Jahoon. Is there anyone there? What are you thinking about?

Eunbi unnie threw a cloth at me as she snickered at me. I looked at her from my position behind the counter as I threw the cloth back to her, the exact same cloth she has been using to clean the shelves in our convenience store.

Jahoon: What the heck unnie? That is dirty!

Eunbi: Well not my fault for you blanking out like that. Come on! Begin cleaning up! I won't allow you to space out so I will be cleaning alone.

Jahoon: Alright alright. I'm cleaning, I'm cleaning. Jezz~ you are such a nagging old lady sometimes.

Eunbi: What did you say?!

Jahoon: Nothing! I love you!

I smiled a silly smile at her as I pointed at her with my hands as guns. She sighed as she shook her head but I could see that she was trying to hide a smile. We finished cleaning up a few moments later. Eunbi unnie came over and sat beside me behind the counter as we waited for a customer to come in.

Eunbi: You have been in such a great mood lately, basically ever since you got out of the hospital. Is it because of your little friend of yours? Huh?~

Eunbi unnie raised one of her eyebrows in a teasing manner as she poked me in the side. I rolled my eyes at her and shook my head as I lightly groaned.

Jahoon: I told you that it is nothing like that. There is nothing going on between Chaehyun and me.

Eunbi: I never said that I meant Chaehyun. I could have talked about another friend of yours named Mashiro.

Eunbi unnie smirked as I quickly realized what she had just done. I groaned once again and slapped her shoulder as she laughed at me. I looked elsewhere than her, feeling my cheeks becoming a bit hotter than before. I had kind of exposed myself- wait… what in the world did I just say?! There is nothing between the two of us and I don’t even feel anything special for her. The bell to the store rang indicating someone was entering. The both of us stood up as we welcomed the new guest by bowing.

Eunbi & Jahoon: Welcome!

I stood straight back up to see Mashiro, Hikaru, Bahiyyih, and Chaehyun, all smiling and waving at me.

Hikaru: Hi Jahoon!

The girls smiled and waved at me. I smiled and waved back at them but my eyes were only on Chaehyun. It was our day off from school so they were all wearing their normal clothes and having their hair down comfortably. They were all looking good but Chaehyun? She was looking like a goddess right now. She was wearing a long white and pink dress with her hair down. She wasn’t wearing that much special but she still managed to look that good. The girls began walking around the store as they looked for what they came for.

Eunbi: Stop staring at her like that. You look like a hungry wolf looking after its mate. Just tell her how you really feel about her before she gets to know about it herself.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter