Chapter 2. Friends?

Hot & Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another day of school and another day of my mission on trying to get closer to Jahoon. During these days, I managed to get closer to her though we all got to know that she wasn’t really that much of a talkative person but she did speak to me whenever I initiated a conversation. It was like we were closer to becoming friends but on the other hand also not. But hey! I still consider it a victory that she is now talking and greeting me compared to before. I walked inside the classroom to see Jahoon sitting in her usual place with her earphones in and phone in her hands as if she was playing a game. I sneaked up behind her and looked over her shoulder as she concentrated fully on the game. She didn’t even notice my presence. A few minutes later the word “winner” appeared on the screen. A big smile appeared on her face as she seeped in the happiness from the victory.

Chaehyun: Congratulations on the victory.

Jahoon jumped in her seat and turned around to face me as she held a hand over her chest.

Jahoon: Don’t sneak up on people like that. You scared the hell out of me.

I giggled at her as I sat down on the seat beside her. She regained her composure and took out her earphones as she put them away with her phone, turning her full attention to me.

Chaehyun: I’m sorry but you were just so into your game that I didn’t want to disturb you. Also, I think that this may be the first time that I have ever seen you smile like this. It really suits you!

Jahoon looked at me with a weird look on her face, a look that I really couldn’t tell what it meant. She opened to say something but quickly closed it and turned away from me, kind of looking in the distance. I wanted to ask her what was wrong but our teacher suddenly walked inside, not giving me a chance. I turned to face the teacher but glanced at Jahoon a few times. Something is happening in her life, that was clear but I don't know what. The only thing that I'm sure of is that I'm really concerned for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Teacher: Alright everyone! As I told you last week, we are going to have a test today! Clear your desk for any books and only leave your pen and eraser left!

Everyone began clearing their desk as the students sitting in the front disbursed the test papers. I got the papers and was about to give one to Jahoon when I noticed that she was sleeping. I slightly nudged her, making her wake up and rubbing her eyes. I gave her one of the papers and shook my head at her. Ever since the day that she arrived at this school, she hasn’t really been that much active in classes. She only answered nonchalantly when the teachers asked her questions. The teachers have pretty much given up on her since all she is doing when at school is sleeping or being on her phone. Mostly everyone is expecting her to fail the tests and exams.

Teacher: Alright class! You have two hours from now on to complete the test! You may

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter