Chapter 9. The beginning of something new

Hot & Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the day that Kazuha bullied and injured Chaehyun as well as the day that Chaehyun and I became a couple, the girls have been teasing us in a good way like any friends would do. As for Kazuha, she has been trying to injure Chaehyun even more but I have been staying beside Chaehyun every time possible, preventing Kazuha from coming any close to her. When I couldn’t then the girls would help. But enough about her since we don’t claim negative energy in this house.

Jahoon: What am I going to do~

I stood in front of my open closet as I wondered with myself what I was going to wear. We didn’t have any school today so I asked Chaehyun on a date but now I didn’t even know what to wear. I really wanted to impress her but I didn’t have any clothes for it and I didn’t have any time to go out and buy anything. I just grabbed the best I had and put it on after a shower. It was just a normal white button-up shirt with a pair of blue jeans and a black varsity jacket. I sprayed some perfume and checked myself one last time before driving over to Chaehyun. I walked over to her house and knocked on the door. The door opened revealing her mother behind it.

Chaehyun’s mom: You must be Jahoon! Coming inside! Chaehyun is getting ready right now but I’m sure that she is ready soon.

Chaehyun’s mom waved me inside and sat me in the living room before hurrying to the kitchen to grab me a glass of water without giving me a chance to open my mouth to say something. She sat down with me and chatted with me excitedly and began showing me baby pictures of Chaehyun. Mind you that I still haven't gotten the chance to open my mouth to say anything.

Chaehyun's mom: And this is a picture of her when she was four years old when we were at the amusement park. Just looking at the picture you wouldn't have known that she spent almost an hour sulking that we won't give her ice cream. That is why she is covered in ice cream like that in the picture.

Chaehyun's mom giggled as she continued to turn the page in the photo book. I smiled when I looked at them, she was a really cute baby when she was little. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs so I looked up to see Chaehyun walking down the stairs. I really had to do myself for not letting my mouth hang wide open.

Chaehyun’s mom: Seems like Chaehyun is ready! You look so beautiful my dear~

We walked over to the end of the stairs as Chaehyun walked over to us. I looked at her up and down as Chaehyun’s mother walked over to her and checked her outfit while fixing some wrinkles here and there. Even though Chaehyun was talking to her mom, her eyes were on me.

Chaehyun: Thank you Mom ~ Jahoon and I will go now but don’t worry I will be back before it gets too late.

Chaehyun’s mom: Oh dear~ You don’t have to worry about that. I trust you with Jahoon. She seems like a good girl. In fact, you could even stay the night over at Jahoon if you wanted to. I wouldn’t mind.

Chaehyun’s mom winked at me, making Chaehyun roll her eyes at her but laughed with her soon after. They seemed really close and happy. I kind of wished that I had a relationship with my mom like theirs. Chaehyun and I walked out to my car and got inside.

Chaehyun: I’m sorry if my mom was too much. She really meant good with it but she can be a little too much.

Jahoon: It is okay. She is a sweet person, she even showed me some baby pictures of you.

Chaehyun: Wait what?!

Jahoon: Don’t worry, I will for sure buy you some ice cream. We can’t have our sweet Chaehyun sulk because of it.

Chaehyun looked at me surprised. She hid her face in her hands as she squealed for a bit. I giggled at her and grabbed her hands to pull them away from her face and stared into her eyes.

Jahoon: Don’t worry, I love that side of you.

I placed a kiss on her forehead. Chaehyun’s face slowly became red. She turned her head to look out of the window.

Chaehyun: Just drive.

I chuckled at her and pulled away to drive us to the mall. We walked around and shopped for a bit. Mostly it was Chaehyun getting clothes and trying them on while I was sitting in front of the changing room, waiting for her as well as giving her my opinion on all of her dress choices.

Chaehyun: What do you think about this dress? Or should I get the other one?

Jahoon: You look pretty in both of them but to be honest, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter