Ashes

Coming back to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a few days..

Irene's pov

I woke up for work. Lately, things have not  been very good between me and Seul. Yes,we sleep in the same bed but there were no cuddles, no kisses, no intimacy.Yes, she would show her concern and offer help time-to -time but that just seemed like formality. We both were very invested in our work. And I was starting to think that maybe this way we will both mind our own business and not get ourselves into trouble.Who knew I was so damn wrong about it.

Bogum was being less cruel after the incident at the party.I only had to deal with him during work hours .However he kept on threatening me from time to time but kept his hands off me.Joy still kept on asking me to open up to her but I always made up some excuse to change the topic.

But all my thoughts changed a certain morning.I like doing laundry ,might sound weird but I have a liking for detergents and fabric softners. So even though we were working couples ,I volunteered for doing laundry for both of us. I was stunned to find a pack of cigarettes in Seul's pocket.I let it slide since I thought it might have been her collegue's or friend's.I started observing changes since then.Her habits had changed. Cross that, Seulgi wasn't like my Seul anymore. She wasn't speaking much lately. She would come home late, sometimes she'd smell of alcohol giving excuses like -it was a company party. She barely ate food in the dining or smiled. She got skinner.Her warm charming face had started to look dull. Some nights,I'd waake up to the movement of her slipping out of the bed at mid-night or staring at the ceiling ,tears streaming down her face in silence.I was too blind to realize that she was hurting herself and taking all the pain I was causing her without complaining.

It was a saturday morning. I woke up to an empty bed. I looked around for her. But, wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter