Chapter Eighteen

The Garden of Orange Butterflies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I snickered at the flushed face of Seulgi-unnie.

We finally get to about Miss Bae. And we, it’s actually Yeri, discovered that she saved Miss Bae’s name as ‘baebae’ with a bunny and a heart emoji. After intense grilling, mainly led by Joy and Yeri, we also found out that she’s saved as ‘ddeulgi’ with a bear and a heart emoji by Miss Bae.

All I ever contributed was my discovery of Seulgi-unnie and Miss Bae. I left the rest to my colleagues, especially Joy and Yeri, and I only clapped and giggled the whole time.

They met at Seulgi-unnie’s exhibit due to unnie’s clumsiness. Miss Bae and her purposely hid the relationship because of Miss Bae’s status. But apparently, for whatever reason they have, Miss Bae already revealed that they’re together so no more hiding now.

“What’s Miss Bae like as a girlfriend, unnie?” Ireh asked. “We’ve only worked with her”

“She’s sweet,” Seulgi-unnie shyly answered, “caring, and loving. She’s very kind too. She’s very patient with me”

“She’s not scary, unnie?” Nayeon asked, genuinely curious.

“Sometimes… I was scared of her at first but… she’s not”

Everyone and Seulgi-unnie was all flushed red all over again. I offered to pat her arm because this was my fault. After all, I started this. But I also enjoyed teasing unnie. It’s fun not to be on the receiving end of these teases now.

“What about Wendy?” Seulgi-unnie asked, scowling at Joy. “How’s Wendy Son as a girlfriend?”

As expected, Joy enjoyed the attention unlike Seulgi-unnie who was blushing the whole time. And instead of answering the question, she threw her arm around Wendy’s shoulders, making the other flustered.

“Answer the question, unnie”

“Why me?” Wendy asked with wide eyes. “She asked you”

Joy pouted at Wendy-unnie that surprised Wendy-unnie. “Answer for me”

“Wha—” Wendy-unnie coughed, unable to form her question.

Everyone laughed. Even though Seulgi-unnie failed to throw teases towards Joy, she’s still contented with the turn of events.

“What about you Byulyi-unnie?” Yeri asked.

Byulyi-unnie who stayed out of all the teasing was now involved in this.

“What about me?”

“How’s Miss Ahn?”

She glanced up from her meal package to look at Hyejin by the bar.

We all followed her gaze too and I smiled when Miss Kim saw me looking. She smiled back before she went back to her conversation with Hyejin.

“She’s good. Great even since she has already finished lunch”

“No!” Yeri frowned. “How’s Miss Ahn as a girlfriend?”

“Well, you never clarified,” Byulyi-unnie said, smirking at the way Yeri rolled her eyes. “She’s just the same as how she is as our boss. Just ten times sweeter, ten times more affectionate, ten times kinder, ten times more caring, and clingier. Like baby koala kind of clingy”

Byulyi-unnie looked so proud as everyone and I’m proud and happy for her and Hyejin.

With all these questions going, I got a feeling it’ll be my turn soon. Maybe I should excuse myself before that—

“What about you, Wheein-ah?” Byulyi-unnie asked, sensing my running thoughts.

“What about me?”

“How’s Miss Kim to you?”

I shrugged. “I mean you saw her. She’s strict and always means business. She’s very straightforward and always cuts to the chase. If I make a mistake, she won’t hesitate to scold me”

“You’re talking about her at work,” Yeri said, confused.

I nodded. “Yes. You asked how Miss Kim is to me, right?”

Byulyi-unnie vehemently ruffled my hair, making me whine. “You’re trying to be sarcastic, Wheein-ah. It doesn’t suit you at all”

I pushed her arm away as I frowned at her “I just answered the question”

“Then how is your Yongsunnie to you then?”

I grinned at her while she playfully rolled her eyes at me.

I think of a way to describe Miss Kim without using so many words and without sounding so cheesy like Byulyi-unnie. Perhaps a metaphor but I don’t know how to describe her the best with metaphors. How about…

“A turtle shell?”

“Turtle shell?” someone asked.

I nodded to myself. “Turtle shell. Like a turtle but without the turtle and only the shell. A turtle less turtle. That doesn’t make sense” I mumbled to myself. “Anyways, a turtle shell”

“Why? Is she because she’s a weight on your shoulders?” Hyejin asked playfully.

It’s when we all noticed that the two were already listening to our conversation.

Miss Kim only had that amused smile on her face but a curious gaze.

“Because she’s a burden?” Hyejin added, giggling to herself as she teased Miss Kim.

“Oh no.” I shook my head. “No. Not like that. Turtle shell because she uhm… Hold on”

I stood from my seat and walked towards Miss Kim.

When she saw me approaching, she immediately put down her cup of yogurt on the bar counter. Her arms opened and accommodated me as I stood in front of her, giving me a back hug. She dropped a kiss on my cheek before snuggling her face to mine.

“Ta da… Turtle shell.” I placed my arms on top of Miss Kim’s arms, giggling when her breath tickled my neck. “She has the best hugs, especially her back hugs. She takes care of me and keeps me protected all the time. Turtle shell!”

“Baby, I don’t know what to make of that… to be compared to a shell but hey, I’ll take it as a compliment” she said as she kissed my cheek again.

“It is a compliment!”

“I’d be insulted if I were you, unnie” Byulyi said, provoking.

I pouted at her. I raised my fists up, ready to smack her, before walking towards Byulyi-unnie but Miss Kim held me. “Byulyi-ah! I didn’t make fun of you earlier. Why are you such a bully?”

“Wheein, stay”

I pouted at Miss Kim next. And instead of Byulyi-unnie getting smacked, she became the recipient of my fists. I wasn’t applying much force on my punches though but even so, I think she would remain unfazed.

“I’m not a dog, Yongsun-ah!”

“Yongsun-ah?” she questioned, laughing as she allowed me to smack her. She still has me locked in her arms so there was no other person to receive my wrath then her. “You’re not a dog. You looked like a dog though, but you’re my baby nugget. My baby nugget Whee…” she mumbled, dodging my punches to fill my face with kisses.

“Unnie, ah!” I cringed but was unable to hide my giggles. “Stop! Byulyi-unnie, what did you do to Yongsun-unnie!? She’s very greasy now! Help!”

“God, why are you so annoying?” Hyejin mumbled.

“Don’t care,” Miss Kim said while I shook my head at Hyejin.

“That’s Yongsun-unnie’s fault. Hyejin-ah, help me!”

She rolled her eyes instead. “Byulyi-unnie! I want like that too!”

After hearing what Hyejin said, Miss Kim and I stared at her for a second before we burst out laughing at the same time. We watched Byulyi-unnie walk towards Hyejin with a smile of disbelief and amusement at Hyejin. She wrapped her in a tight hug and Hyejin melted in her arms.

“Ah… Annoying”

Hyejin complained again but she already looked content in Byulyi-unnie’s arms.

“So… turtle shell, huh?”

I grinned at the woman who still has me in her arms and nodded at her. “Turtle shell”

“Sunshine, that’s very unusual but I’ll take it”

She never runs out of endearments. And unlike other couples where they only pick one to make it special between the two, I think they’re all still special because she only said those to me.

 

“Good morning, baby. What are you wearing today?”

“Good morning, unnie”

I heard a chuckle from her end that turned into a loud laugh when I groaned from stretching my sleepy muscles in bed.

“Did you just wake up?”

“Uh hmm…”

“Please don’t go back to sleep. I already finished showering and I’ll go straight there afterwards”

“Okay…”

“You already sound on the verge of sleeping again. Wake up, my sleepyhead. We have a huge day ahead of us”

“I’m just waking up my muscles. I’ll be up in a few”

“Okay…”

I rubbed my eyes as I smiled at the doubt in her voice. “You sound like you don’t believe me, unnie”

“I do. I was just thinking of what to wear. I want us to match”

“Send me a picture and then I’ll match your colors”

“Great plan. See you in a bit, darling”

“See you… Don’t wear a skirt. We’re riding bikes today, Yongsunnie”

“Yes, babe,” she answered, giggling before we ended the call.

I dropped my phone on the bed and finally opened my eyes. There was no point in wearing my glasses yet since I’ll be going straight to the shower once I get off of the bed.

The picture that Miss Kim sent was one with her in a black and white outfit. Her top is black and thankfully, she had pants on. They’re white. Although not a lot of skin was as exposed as before, my ‘love handles’, her waist, are still accessible. Her top is a knitted one that’s see through. And underneath, she only had her black bra on.

This unnie really…

To match her colors as requested, I wore a black pants and a white button-down shirt with a black vest on top of it.

I prepared myself some coffee while I fed Ggomo and prepared him to go out with us.

Ever since Byulyi-unnie moved in with Hyejin, it has always been me and Ggomo in the apartment. The place has suddenly become spacious. The bed feels a little larger without having to share it with unnie. A little new and unfamiliar to me but I’m getting used to it.

Miss Kim and I talked about moving together too since I brought up Byulyi-unnie’s moving to her. She said she’s okay with our situation now. She also said she didn’t want to yet, mostly because she’s still working on remodeling her security system.

She really doesn’t want to talk about her work to me. She didn’t say it. I just feel it. So I asked Seulgi-unnie about it.

The main problem is changing her system’s voice from Gabby’s voice to an automated one. Miss Kim said this to me the first time I was at her place. According to Seulgi-unnie, it’s not that difficult, especially with Miss Kim’s caliber and expertise.

That’s why I still don’t know why she hasn’t changed it.

And I never asked about it because I don’t have any problem with our situation.

It’s just that it puts things into perspective the more Byulyi-unnie mentioned about their plans with Hyejin. It made me think of my future too. Our future with Miss Kim.

Ggomo was in his carrier when the doorbell rang. It was Miss Kim as I could see on the control panel.

“You already know the password, unnie!”

I know she heard me but she only rang the doorbell again, making me sigh under my breath.

“I love it when you open the door for me” she said as soon as we saw each other.

I left the door open as I went back to packing my coffee.

“We match!”

I giggled. “You wanted to match”

“I purposely chose black and white because I know you have a lot of clothes in these colors. Good morning to you, sir”

I glanced from the kitchen and saw her couched down while waving at Ggomo. I smiled watching her talk and play with him. At this point, he already has a second mommy.

“Should we head now?”

“Sure. I’ll carry Ggomo”

We rode down the elevator together, locking my apartment behind. We then waited in the bus stop to get us to the park. It was a rest day for Raven. With the number of times I asked Miss Kim to ride the bus with me, she somehow loves riding the bus now too. She even proudly said earlier that she took the bus on her way to my apartment when she could have left her car in the basement parking lot.

At the park, we tied the leash on Ggomo and let him lead us wherever he wanted to go. He doesn’t like being surrounded by a lot of people and loves to play in the grass so that’s where we are heading.

We stayed on the grass and laughed at Ggomo playing with a dead leaf. Miss Kim recorded a video of him then. She also took a video of Ggomo rolling on the grass over and over again.

We continued to walk to find some snacks. But instead of snacks I found these cute Pokemon slippers.

“Unnie, this looks like you! Look!” I placed the slippers right beside her face to compare. “It’s Squirtle! I’m buying this one for you”

“You won’t even ask me if I like it?”

I was about to pay for the slippers but halted when she asked the question. “Well, don’t you like it?”

“Does this make me your Squirtle shell now?”

It took me a second to understand before I started squealing, jumping, and laughing in front of her.

Ggomo was judging me with his eyes while he’s being carried by Miss Kim. While Miss Kim only has a tender gaze and soft smile as she looks at me.

“Squirtle shell. Unnie, that’s perfect! I’ll buy this one for you then”

I paid for the slippers, hearing Miss Kim giggling beside me.

“Wear them all the time, unnie”

“Okay”

While skipping, I held Miss Kim’s arm as we headed to actually buy some snacks this time. Ggomo was still walking ahead of us like the true master that he is while his servants would immediately tend to his wants.

Somehow, we reached the bike rental store first before we could find anything we wanted to eat. We rented two bikes and I arranged a soft blanket in the basket of my bike for Ggomo to sit on. I attached his leash on the basket to secure him on the bike.

“How about that?” I asked, watching Ggomo getting settled in the basket. “Should I place your toy inside?”

I grabbed one of his toys from the carrier and placed it in the basket. Then I added more toys so he’d be surrounded by familiar scents. I also fed him treats so he’ll settle down.

“Is that okay? Are you okay now, Ggomo-yah?”

It looks like he won’t be escaping anytime soon.

“Yongsunnie?”

I turned around to check on her but she was still busy.

Busy talking with someone. Laughing with someone. And did that girl just touch my love handl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter