Chapter Thirteen

The Garden of Orange Butterflies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s a knock on the bathroom door before Miss Kim asked, “Are you done, Whee?”

I groaned while my entire body let out its frustration. “Unnie… That’s the fourth time you asked me that question. I said I’m almost done now”

“You take too long!” she argued.

“I was just in the bath for five minutes!”

“That’s still too long for me”

“Unnie!” I whined, glaring at the door as I heard her laugh.

“I told you I’m going to be annoying,” she said. And there’s not even a single remorse in her tone just to annoy me even more.

I finished wrapping the towel around me before heading for the door. “And I didn’t expect for you to be this annoying” I said, opening the door with a pout.

She was standing right outside the door with just an oversize shirt on and no pants. She was smiling from ear to ear, arms already open to reach for me.

I wasn’t exactly annoyed. I played the part knowing that it’ll make her laugh.

“There you are…” She tugged on my towel making me gasp and hold onto it. “Are you sleeping with this on?”

“No”

She smirked naughtily with one of her eyebrows up. “Then without clothes on?”

“No!” I shouted this time.

I have never heard her laugh this hard and this long since I know her. It has probably something to do with the fact that we are now officially together. Girlfriends to be exact. And since that change of status, I’ve been hearing her laugh nonstop.

And in return, I’ve been smiling nonstop too.

She pinched my cheek before holding my hand to lead me to the closet. “I’m just kidding. Here, let me help you change”

I blushed and immediately declined her help out of panic. I even pushed her out of her closet before closing the door right on her face. Just by wearing this flimsy towel in front of her and her threatening to take it off is already making my heart beat in rapid fire.

I’m not ready for that yet.

Her laugh that resonated to the closet didn’t sound like she was offended so I was relieved.

“Just call if you need help, okay?”

“I can do this, unnie”

“Pick anything you like. I’ll just wait in bed”

With her shadow disappearing from under the door, I breathed a sigh of relief. Then I scanned her closet, unintentionally holding my breath in. This is an entirely new room. A huge one too. There’s a section for her shoes, bags and hats. Her jewelry is lined up at the very center enclosed in glass cases. There’s another section for tops, for bottoms, for coats, and another one for another variety of clothes.

It would’ve taken me forever to locate her pajamas in this room but luckily, she took one out for me already. It’s a pair of blue pajamas with flower prints on them.

I changed into them before heading out of the room, carrying the towel with me.

Miss Kim was comfortably lying on her bed with her Kindle in hand. She looked away from what she’s reading and smiled when she saw that I was finally out. She placed her Kindle down and patted the space beside her, inviting me in.

I went under the covers and her arms were already around my waist with her nose snuggled on my neck. I recoiled with a giggle when her breath tickled me.

“Baby, you smell nice” she whispered, causing me to blush. She locked me in her arms and started giving soft kisses on my cheek down to my neck. “You smell so nice, baby” she mumbled again, making me giggle.

“Let me tell Byulyi-unnie first that I’ll stay here for tonight”

I tried pushing her by her shoulders but my effort was lackluster. It’s like my body is fighting against my mind.

“It’s a little late. Give her a call”

With a kiss on my cheek, she finally let me out of her cage arms but did not move for an inch at all. Her arms still remained around me and her chin rested on my shoulder.

I dialed Byulyi-unnie’s number and set her on loudspeaker so we both could hear her.

“Wheein-ah, where are you? It’s already late”

“Ggomo?”

“Done. Your master’s full lounging on the tower Miss Kim gifted. Are you still out with Miss Kim?”

“I’m at Miss Kim’s, unnie. I’ll be staying over for the night”

“Okay. As long as you’re safe. Will you be back here in the morning?”

“We’ll probably drop by before heading to the shelter.” I turned to Miss Kim, silently asking for her confirmation.

She gave me a nod. Then she gave me a peck on the lips as a bonus.

“Okay. I might be out tomorrow so better bring Ggomo in case you’ll come home late or if you’re not coming home at all”

“Okay. Thank you, unnie! Good night”

“Good night. And Wheein-ah?”

“Yes?”

“Practice safe , yeah?”

“Yah! Moon Byulyi!”

Both Byuyi-unnie’s and Miss Kim’s laugh was all I could hear so I ended the call. I never even said goodbye. I simply ended and I will not forget about this. She will receive a beating from me the moment we see each other again.

I smacked Miss Kim’s arm as I placed my phone back on the nightstand.

“I mean, she’s right, my dear. What are you so mad about?” she argued.

I shook my head and hid my cherry red face on the pillow.

Her low chuckle just worsens my blush. “Sweetheart… Why are you hiding from me?”

The endearments… She never ran out of them. And… it makes my heart flutter. I don’t know how I’ll be able to get used to this. Will I even ever get used to it?

And how am I supposed to function if she’s going to start calling me that from now on? What about work? Oh, they’ll definitely tease me… And she likes me all red and pouty and whiny so she might not stop.

I finally took a peek at her, my pout was still in place.

Oh she’s so shameless. Just smiling and looking so beautiful across from me. And those cheeks! My hands cupped them without thinking to get a feel of her fluffy cheeks. I think she loves it based on her widening smile.

“Unnie…”

“Yes, babe?”

Oh, that’s a new one… I think I wanna cry but I settled with pouting at her.

“If we’ll be at work—”

Is that her hand? On my back? Underneath my shirt!?

I gulped hard while she was entertained.

I can’t think properly. I can’t think properly at all. It’s sliding up and down in this slow and hypnotizing rhythm. Now, I totally forgot what I was about to tell her.

“What is it, Whee?”

I shook my hand to ignore the tingling feeling across my back from Miss Kim’s hand. I cleared my throat again and tried to meet her gaze.

From the smirk she had on and her knowing gaze, she knows her effect on me. She knows what she’s doing to me. And she’s not stopping it at all.

Instead of fighting against her, I relaxed from her touch. I scooted closer to her, which she loved, and placed my hands comfortably on her shoulders and arm.

She has a whole different definition of getting comfortable though.

With her elbow, she held herself up, which made her tower over me. And that leaves me no room to escape from whatever she wanted to do.

“If we’re at work, unnie, we have to remain professional” I continued.

“Of course”

She’s already distracted. Focusing on her finger that was playing with my hair.

“And to maintain that, you have to only call me Miss Jung and I’ll call you Miss Kim”

“Uh… huh…” she hummed under her breath.

I pouted at her, upset that she wasn’t listening. So I grabbed her hand that was tangled with my hair. That caught her attention.

She raised her eyebrows in a silent question.

“Are you even listening to me, unnie?”

“Of course.” She sounded a little hurt that I questioned her.

I was, on the other hand, fighting an internal battle whether to be guilty or not. I decided against it and tested her.

“At work, if I call you, what will you say?”

She smirked before she said, “Yes, baby?”

“No!” I frowned at her but she wasn’t taking it seriously at all.

She just chuckled.

“Babe?”

“Unnie!”

“Honey?”

“Unnie, you weren’t listening at all” I groaned, eyes closing from frustration.

“Sweetheart? My dear? Darling?”

I tried to turn away from her but her body and limbs had me in a trap. Her legs were already locked with mine. Her arms were around me. At the earliest sign that I will look away, she already held me in place.

“You’re so cute trying hard not to smile, Whee”

“I am not!”

I pouted at her while biting the inside of my cheek as I tried hard not to smile. But seeing her smirking with her eyes glinting in mischief, I wasn’t able to stop myself.

“Caught ya!”

I was waving my arms everywhere, hitting her halfheartedly for teasing me. Our giggles blended along together. I was trying to push her away because I was really embarrassed but all she ever did was clung to me.

She leaned down and showered my face with kisses.

I welcomed all of her kisses. Accepting every single one of them. I have stopped hitting her but I never stopped giggling. It was a result of being too shy.

“Baby, you’re so cute. Why are you so cute, Wheenie?” she mumbled along with her onslaught of kisses.

“Unnie… stop it. You’re not taking me seriously”

She kissed my forehead first before she said, “I am. I heard everything. I just want to tease you. Because this…” In a flash, she kissed my lips that I didn’t notice were pouting once again. “This is cute. You are cute”

“You really are clingy, unnie. I thought you were just joking earlier”

“I did warn you. Are you taking back your answer then? Of being my girlfriend?”

I quickly shook my head.

“Good.” She dropped to the side and brought me close to her. She positioned my head to be resting on her chest while her arms were around my shoulders and waist. One hand found its way under my shirt again, feeling my skin. “‘Cause I love you. I really do and I will be so sad if you take it back. It will break my heart, Wheein-ah”

I placed my arm around her and snuggled to her neck, finding solace there. “I’m not taking it back” I mumbled on her neck.

“That’s a relief”

“And I love you too, unnie”

Her chest quivered from her low chuckle. “That’s beautiful to hear” she whispered, kissing my temple.

We were in such a comfortable position. Bodies connected, legs tangled, arms wrapped around each other, warmth shared between us. With how exhausted I was from our date earlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if I’d fall asleep any second now.

“Whee…”

“Hmm?”

“We’re not doing it unless you want it, okay? I can be annoying and clingy, a little demanding at times, but if you say no, that will be and will always be a no. I just want you to know that”

I’m glad she cleared that up because the entire time I agreed to stay the night over and her emphasizing that she can be insatiable, I was so nervous thinking that she wanted to do it.

I will be glad to do it with her but I’m just not ready. I’m still getting used to this kind of us, the kind of closeness we now share. But I wanted to go slowly. To enjoy the transition.

I reached to kiss her cheek before settling back to my position again.

“Thank you, unnie. I will remember that”

I felt her kissing my crown before she softly whispered, “Good night, Wheeinie”

“Good night, unnie”

 

Something’s tickling my nose so I swatted it away. It was bigger and firmer than I thought. Still, I continued sleeping.

Not even a second had passed, it was back again. I softly groaned from irritation, hoping that it would go away. When it didn’t, I swatted it a little harder this time. That was when I heard the light giggle and when I realized that it was Miss Kim.

“Unnie… Let me sleep” I whined.

Arms pulled me closer to her before I felt a kiss on my forehead. “I couldn’t resist myself, Wheein-ah. You’re so cute”

“Hng…”

She chuckled again, a little louder this time.

At this point, it’s already hard to completely go back to sleep. I still didn't want to get up and wanted to close my eyes and lay completely still. Also, being in the arms of Miss Kim is the most comfortable thing I could ever feel.

I snuggled closer to her, earning another kiss on my head that made me smile.

“Awe… This baby still want to sleep?”

I laz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter