Compatible

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jihyo hyeongsa, are you sure about this?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo in worry.

 

             “Ne. Seolma…. Are you afraid, Jongkook hyeongsanim?”, Jihyo predicted while looking at him.

 

             “Aniyo. I don’t think this is right.”, Jongkook said in worry again.

 

             “This is what I do while acting alone. If you can’t, I told you already. You can back out.”, Jihyo enlightened.

 

             “I’ll never leave you alone.”, Jongkook frowned.

 

             “Ne?”, Jihyo suddenly get blushed. He doesn’t want to leave him alone?

 

             “Kaja.”, Jongkook said as he got out from his car.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo tiptoeing while peeking at Lee Shin’s house. His house was at the corner that anyone barely can see. Both Jongkook and Jihyo got the information of Lee Shin’s as they searched for it at the office earlier. Jaesuk, Haha and Kwangsoo were already went home so they can search for the suspect’s information freely at the office.

 

             “Jihyo hyeongsa, can you slow down your pace?”, Jongkook demanded while uttering in silence as they walked at the narrow road, just to avoid being seen by the suspect. Jihyo who ignored Jongkook requested, just walked with a speed of light carefully.

 

             “Jihyo hyeongsa!”, Jongkook pulled Jihyo gently while facing her as she slammed her back on the wall. Jihyo who shocked by Jongkook’s action, just get to look at him straight in the eyes. Though his small eyes were fierce, but it exude protection and safety as always. Jihyo stared at him for a while as they not talking to each other, just staring each other face for a while. Jihyo’s heart beat fast as her feeling swayed by him. 

 

             “Jihyo hyeongsa.”, Jongkook called on again, making Jihyo awake from her thoughts.

 

             “Ne?”, Jihyo asked with her mong expression while looking at Jongkook.

 

             “I told you to slow down your pace.”, Jongkook repeated with a frown.

 

             “Arasseoyo. Jeuseonghamnida.”, Jihyo quickly apologized with a nod. It’s surprising for her too. A stubborn Song Jihyo suddenly apologized and always gave in for someone and that someone is her colleague, Kim Jongkook. And once her ex-best friend and ex-crush.

 

             “Dwaesseoyo. Wait here. I will peek.”, Jongkook said as he lifted up his feet to peek behind the wall that Jihyo and him leaned on. 

 

             Jihyo heart beat even more faster as Jongkook is getting closer to her, that she had to flinch from him. She even felt his body as their body pressed together in the narrow road which only covered with a wall. If someone who would watch them from the nearby, especially from the taller building, they would think that they are kissing or doing something ual in the middle of the night at the narrow road.

 

             “I think he is still inside.”, Jongkook said as he peeked Lee Shin.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo said.

 

         “Gwenchanayo?”, Jongkook asked her while putting his feet down as he noticed that Jihyo look uncomfortable. “Am I pressing on you too hard?”, Jongkook asked in worry.

 

             “Aniyo. Gwenchanayo. Hajiman… you are too close… hyeongsanim.”, Jihyo said as she grabbed Jongkook’s shoulder to lean her unstable position.

 

             “Ne? Jinjjayo? Mianhaeyo.”, Jongkook said as he fixed his position for Jihyo to be comfortable. “Jigeumeun gwenchanayo, hyeongsanim?”, Jongkook asked while looking at Jihyo as he grabbed Jihyo’s shoulder too.

 

             “Ne. Gomawoyo.”, Jihyo said while bowing. 

 

             “Keuraeyo. What should we do now? Should we wait here? Waiting for him to come out?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo’s opinion.

 

             “I think so. We should wait.”, Jihyo suggested.

 

             “Ne. Hajiman, are you comfortable? I’m afraid my big body pressed on your small body too hard and make you uncomfortable.”, Jongkook said in concern.

 

          “Gwenchanayo. I can bear it for a while.”, Jihyo assured as she tapped Jongkook’s shoulder. “I can hold you in the shoulder, right?”, Jihyo asked as if she is asking Jongkook’s permission to borrow his body.

 

             “Ne. You are really something else, Jihyo hyeongsa.”, Jongkook shook his head in disbelief looking at the eager Jihyo.

 

             “This is what I do, hyeongsanim. Nothing new.”, Jihyo uttered.

 

             “New for me.”, Jongkook said, making Jihyo silenced by the truth fact.

 

             After few minutes of peeking and waiting for the suspect, both Jongkook and Jihyo were exhausted by their action and position. They even sweated that both of them can smell each other sweat. But what made them more nervous was, they saw the CID’s team nearby. Approaching their place, the narrow road behind the wall.

 

             “Nuguya, hyeongsanim?”, Jihyo asked in panic as she can’t see anything behind her but hearing people talking. 

 

             “It’s the CID’s team.”, Jongkook answered nervously after peeking on them.

 

             “Omo. Ottokhaeyo?”, Jihyo asked in panic too that her eyes almost popped out.

 

             “Keep quiet! They were right in front of this wall.”, Jongkook said while squatting a bit to Jihyo’s level as he looked at Jihyo closer. But in his nervous expression.

 

             “Should we wait here?”, Sechan asked Sukjin, Gary and Somin as they took their position to stakeout the suspect, Lee Shin.

 

             “Ne. Gary and I will be standby in front of you.”, Sukjin said as he and Gary moved a bit in front from Sechan and Somin.

 

             “Ne, timjangnim.”, Sechan nodded, along with Somin.

 

         “Jamkanmanyo. I think this place was way too visible. How about we stake behind this wall?”, Somin suggested as she pointed the wall. The wall that probably a narrow road behind where Jongkook and Jihyo hiding.

 

             “Ottokhaeyo?”, Jihyo uttered in silenced with her big doe eyes looking at Jongkook.

 

             “Mollayo.”, Jongkook also dumbfounded that they both just looking at each other.

 

             “Keuraeyo. Good idea. We will be at next to you too then.”, Sukjin agreed.

 

             “Mianhaeyo, Jihyo hyeongsa.”, Jongkook said while kissing Jihyo’s lip. Probably to avoid the situation where CID’s team would found them. Jihyo was surprised by his action but she knew she just have to play along so that the CID’s team can’t see their face, so she kissed back. Jongkook kissed her passionately as if he doesn’t want to let go of her lip, but they just did it so that they won’t get suspect. Surprisingly, Jihyo found that Jongkook’s lip was so soft that it’s melted in . Making her feelings swayed again for the second time. And also the butterflies were dancing gracefully in her stomach.

 

             “Ya! Mwoya c….”, Gary groaned as he looked at a couple who kissing at the narrow road, without knowing that the couple is his friends, Jongkook and Jihyo.

 

             “Ya! What are you guys doing here?!”, Sukjin asked while looking at both of them. The intimate scene between two people at the narrow road. 

 

             “Go away to somewhere place please if you guys are gonna have to do this. Book a room instead of doing out here!”, Gary said in disbelief.

 

             Both Jongkook and Jihyo stopped their kissing while looking at each other closely. Blushed. And their lips swollen.

 

“Jeuseonghamnida.”, Jongkook apologized to the CID’s team while bowing but not looking at them. He grabbed Jihyo’s wrist and tried his best to cover Jihyo’s face from them while walking away. 

 

             “Ya c….”, Sechan groaned.

 

             “They looked familiar.”, Somin uttered while frowning.

 

             “Nugu? You probably mistaken.”, Sechan said while shaking his head.

 

             “Aniyo.”, Somin said while tilting her head.

 

             “Let’s continue our work. Just leave them. So disgusting. How can they think to do that here?”, Gary said in disbelief while shaking his head.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo entered the car with the awkward silence they ever had for months. It’s probably because of the kissed earlier. 

 

             They fastened their seat belt while looking forward without saying anything. Their mind was somewhere else. Jongkook’s mind was still at the kissing he had with Jihyo earlier, though they were forced to do it but he was sure that Jihyo’s kissed him back as if that woman was craved for his lip. As if she was missing him but he can’t recall anything and somehow it felt like a dejavu. While Jihyo, her mind was where her feelings involved. She questioned her feelings to Jongkook. She was afraid that her feelings for Jongkook will come back again though her feelings were already swayed since she met him.

 

             “Eo… What should we do now, Jihyo hyeongsa? Where should we go?”, Jongkook asked to break their silence. But his eyes were still looking forward.

 

             “Eo. Ne. Should we just call it a day today?”, Jihyo suggested. Her eyes were still looking forward too.

 

             “Keuraeyo. I will send you home.”, Jongkook said as he started the car engine.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo nodded.

 

             Along the ride, they were just silenced as Jongkook is looking forward while Jihyo is staring outside the window. Both were flustered by each other’s action that only an awkward silence surrounded them.

 

             “We are here.”, Jongkook said as he arrived at Jihyo’s apartment entrance.

 

             “Ne. Gomawoyo Jongkook hyeongsanim.”, Jihyo said while unfastening her seat belt. “You are not staying the night here?”, though she is still awkward with Jongkook, but she still asked him in concern.

 

             “Aniyo. I don’t think I will stay here tonight. I got something to do at home. Gomawoyo for the offered, Jihyo hyeongsa.”, Jongkook said to Jihyo.

 

             “Ne. Jusimhaeyo.”, Jihyo said while bowing to Jongkook as she closed the car door.

 

             “Ne.”, Jongkook bowed lightly to Jihyo too. 

 

             Jihyo quickly went to the entrance door with her still awkward air around Jongkook. She was walking in a rush as if someone was chasing her that made her bumped into the security guard of her apartment.

 

             “Ahhh!”, Jihyo screamed as she fell down. 

 

             “Ahhh…”, the security guard also screamed as he fell down next to Jihyo too.

 

             “Omo. Harabeoji, gwenchanayo? Mianhaeyo.”, Jihyo quickly got up to help the security guard who fell down because of her. He was just an old man who is working as a security guard at her apartment.

 

       “Gwenchanayo.”, the security guard nodded as he got up.

 

             “Harabeoji…. Mianhaeyo.”, Jihyo said while holding the security guard’s hands. She has known the security guard for years since she moved at the apartment, as soon as she become a detective at Mapo Station.

 

             “Aigoo. Gwenchanayo, Jihyo hyeongsanim. Hyeongsanim neun yo? Gwenchanayo?”, the security guard tapped Jihyo’s hand too while asking her.

 

             “Ne…”, Jihyo nodded with a pout.

 

             “Aigoo. Are you just got back from work, hyeongsanim?”, the security guard asked with a smile.

 

             “Ne. I have some work to do earlier.”, Jihyo replied.

 

             “Keuraeyo? Working on a new case?”, the security guard predicted.

 

             “Aniyo. Ne… Emmmm. Actually it was another department’s case but somehow… you know, harabeoji.”, Jihyo embarrassed as she scratched her non-itchy neck.

 

             “Ne. I’ve known you for years already. You always told me that.”, the security guard chuckled.

 

             “Thanks for not exposing me, harabeoji.”, Jihyo chuckled too.

 

             “You should treat me sometimes.”, he joked while chuckling.

 

             “I will, harabeoji.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile.

 

             “Aigoo, dongdapiya hyeongsanim. Don’t bother. You are a busy person.”, the security guard shook his head.

 

             “Aniyo, harabeoji. It’s been a long time that I haven’t treat you for a meal. I’ve been busy and I almost forgot about you. You always guard the apartment for our safety so I think I have the right to treat you.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

             “Aniyo. That’s my job, hyeongsanim. Just like you. Arresting nappeun nom.”, the security guard joked.

 

             “Arayo, harabeoji. But I promised I will treat you for a meal sometimes. Well, because of this too.”, Jihyo said as she referred to their light accident earlier.

 

             “Aigoo.”, the security guard laughed while shaking his head.

 

 

“Jongkook hyeongsa, Jihyo hyeongsa. Have you guys confirm about the victim of the Rainbow Umbrella Killer that you said yesterday?”, Jaesuk asked Jongkook and Jihyo while looking at them.

 

             “Ne?”, Jongkook answered in surprise.

 

             “Ajikyo, timjangnim.”, Jihyo said quickly to cover Jongkook’s reaction. “We still have something to confirm. Keutji, Jongkook hyeongsa?”, Jihyo said while eyeing Jongkook for his understanding.

 

             “Aaa ne. Majayo, timjangnim.”, Jongkook said.

 

             “Keurae? Well, work well on that. Don’t do something else behind me. Especially you, Jihyo hyeongsa.”, Jaesuk said while pointing at Jihyo.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo nodded making Jongkook nervous. How can he cope with this situation? What if Jaesuk know that they just bluffing due to investigating other team’s case?

 

             “Come talk to me at the pantry for a while.”, Jongkook approached Jihyo while whispering at her. Jihyo just looked at him with her mong expression while following him to the pantry.

 

             “How can we lied to timjangnim, Jihyo hyeongsa?”, Jongkook complained as soon as they entered the pantry. Luckily, no one around.

 

             “Are you complaining again, hyeongsanim?”, Jihyo frowned.

 

             “Ne. I don’t know what to say to timjangnim if he found out we were lying at him. How can we find information from the Rainbow Umbrella Killer’s case if we got nothing?”, Jongkook asked in desperation.

 

             “I know how to fix that later. Gwenchanayo, hyeongsanim. I’ve been doing this often so please trust me, ne?”, Jihyo assured as she looked at Jongkook straight in the eyes. Both of them suddenly forgot about the awkward air surrounded them last night as they argued about this thing again.

 

             “Arasseoyo. I trust you.”, Jongkook sighed.

 

             “Ne. I heard you.”, Jihyo said.

 

             “Hajiman, what should we do now? The CID’s team is not here. I think they were still stacking out at Lee Shin’s house.”, Jongkook said to Jihyo.

 

             “Ne. I think so.”, Jihyo nodded.

 

             “Keureom?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle again as he don’t know what to do. Probably can’t think of anything as he followed Jihyo’s ridiculous idea.

 

             “Where was Chaekyung’s phone location before she turned off her phone?”, Jihyo asked Jongkook as she recalled something about the case they have been investigating without anyone knowing.

 

             “Han River.”, Jongkook answered.

 

             “Kaja.”, Jihyo said.

 

 

Han River is one of the longest rivers in Korea Peninsula that runs through three provinces; Gangwon-do, Chungcheongbuk-do, Gyeonggi-do, and through Seoul. On top of its beauty, surprisingly provides a calm peacefulness away from the city busyness. It is well-known as the filming location for many Korean popular dramas and variety shows, and not to forget a place where people get to spend their time with their loved ones.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo arrived at the Han River while looking around it. They stopped at the Yeouido Hangang Park while taking a walk for a while.

 

             “Are you seriously asking me to search for the clues and evidences here? This is Han River, Jihyo hyeongsa. The longest river with 11 parks here.”, Jongkook asked in disbelief.

 

             “I didn’t ask you to search for all the parks here, hyeongsanim. Where was her last location again?”, Jihyo asked while crossing her arms to Jongkook.

 

             “Han River.”, Jongkook answered.

 

             “Arayo. I mean, the specific location. Which place is it?”, Jihyo asked again.

 

             “Han River Cruise.”, Jongkook answered again.

 

             “Then we can go there.”, Jihyo said as she walked away to go to the cruise, followed by Jongkook behind.

 

             The Han River Cruise was popular with activities like feeding the seagulls while cruising, watching Moonlight Rainbow Fountain Show or Fireworks show and a lunch or dinner cruise with attractions such as a view from Jeoldusan Park, 63 Square, Namsan Seoul Tower and Jamsil Stadium.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo arrived at the Han River Cruise while looking around. There were crowded of people who went on a date and some of them were spending their time with family and friends. While both of them went there to investigate a missing person case. With another team case.

 

             “We should ask around.”, Jihyo suggested.

 

             “Arasseoyo.”, Jongkook obeyed.

 

             “Chogiyo. Annyeonghaseyo, I am Song Jihyo hyeongsanim from Mapo Station. I want to ask you about something that may be happen four days ago here. Can you spend your time for a while with us?”, Jihyo asked to the one of the staffs at the cruise while showing her id card.

 

    “Annyeonghaseyo. Ne. What brings you here, hyeongsanim?”, the staff answered in nervous.

 

             “Keunyang, some questions. We assured you the business here won’t get affected by it if you follow us quietly.”, Jongkook said to assure the staff.

 

             “Ne. Where should we talk?”, the staff nodded with a question.

 

             “Any place that probably no one there.”, Jihyo answered.

 

             The staff brought Jongkook and Jihyo to the cruise’s waiting room as no one were there. The staff was nervous with the figure of the detectives came to his work place.

 

             “If you answer honestly and won’t make anything fuss, we will leave quickly.”, Jongkook said while looking at the staff.

 

             “Ne. I’ll try my best to answer your question.”, the staff nodded to cooperate with them.

 

             “First, your name?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “Jinhyuk. Choi Jinhyuk.”, he replied.

 

             “Ne, Jinhyuk-ssi. We just want to ask you if you ever seen this person?”, Jongkook asked while showing Shin Chaekyung’s picture.

 

             “Mollayo. I’ve never seen her before.”, Jinhyuk said as he looked closer.

 

             “Look carefully.”, Jihyo demanded.

 

             “I don’t remember her as I have a lot of costumers before. So I can’t recall anything about her.”, Jinhyuk said.

 

             “Are you sure?”, Jongkook asked while looking at him straight in the eyes.

 

             “Ne, hyeongsanim. I’m telling the truth.”, Jinhyuk defended.

 

             “Keureom, do you happen to see him?”, Jongkook asked while showing Lee Shin’s picture to the staff.

 

             “Eo? Ne. I don’t know him but he was one of the costumer here. It’s probably four days ago.”, Jinhyuk said while looking at Jongkook and Jihyo.

 

             “Jinjjayo? How can you be so sure that was him?”, Jihyo asked with her big doe eyes opened widely.

 

             “Because he requested something I never heard before from the costumer.”, Jinhyuk replied. 

 

             “What did he requested?”, Jongko

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter