Fool

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mwoya?”, Haha asked after witnessing the unexpected scene in front of him, Jaesuk and Kwangsoo.

 

             “Just let them be.”, Jaesuk reminded in silence while putting a finger on his lip.

 

             “This is not it.”, Kwangsoo shook his head in furious. “Noona, noona.”, Kwangsoo shook Jihyo’s shoulder lightly to wake her up.

 

             “Eo? Wae? It’s already morning?”, Jihyo slowly opened her eyes without realizing that she is sleeping in Jongkook’s arms.

 

             “Mwoya? You already date each other, Mongji?”, Gary asked as he passed by.

 

             “Ya. What are you talking about?”, Jihyo quickly got up and realized that she is indeed in Jongkook’s arm. “Ya, saekki ya!”, Jihyo get shocked as she pushed Jongkook who is still in his deep sleep. Jongkook woke up by Jihyo’s strong pushed that his chair rolled away.

 

             “Eo? Wae?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle. As he realized the situation, it was already morning and his team member were all there. “Eo... Ne… joheun achim, Jaesuk timjangnim, Donghoon hyeongsa and Kwangsoo hyeongsa. I’m sorry I overslept.”, Jongkook stood up as he greeted to his team member.

 

             “Ne, joheun achim.”, Jaesuk greeted back as he took his seat.

 

             “Joheun achim, Jongkook hyeongsa.”, Haha followed.

 

             “Jongkook hyeongsanim, what are you doing with Jihyo noona?”, Kwangsoo asked Jongkook, probably still furious as he witnessed the unexpected scene in the morning. Jihyo was in Jongkook’s arms. 

 

             “Ne? We didn’t do anything Kwangsoo hyeongsa.”, Jongkook defended.

 

             “Then why was Jihyo noona were in your arm earlier?”, Kwangsoo pointed to Jihyo then Jongkook.

 

             “Ya, ya. Keumanhae, Lee Kwangsoo. It’s nothing like that. Maybe I just fell asleep on his’s.”, Jihyo interrupted to calm down Kwangsoo.

 

             “Maybe’, noona?”, Kwangsoo asked in disbelief.

 

   “Jeuseunghamnida, Kwangsoo hyeongsanim. We didn’t do anything. Yes, Jihyo hyeongsa just happened to sleep on me. We just did our own worked last night and had some dinner. That’s all.”, Jongkook answered politely. Not wanting to make the situation worse.

 

             “I told you to take care of noona and trusted on you, but you?”, Kwangsoo asked Jongkook who probably still dissatisfied.

 

             “Kwangsoo hyeongsa, watch your words. And what’s wrong with the formality? This is working hours. Calm down and don’t make anything worse. Continue your work.”, Jaesuk instructed.

 

             “Kwangsoo.”, Jihyo called him as well as touching his shoulder to assure him but Kwangsoo just walked away while looking at Jongkook straight in the eyes.

 

             Few minutes later, Jihyo keep peeking on Kwangsoo as she is anxious. That brother of her must be furious witnessing them but she is sure that nothing happened last night. They didn’t even drink and just had some fried chicken for dinner.

 

             Jihyo slowly approached Kwangsoo and knocked his table twice, “let’s have a talk for a while with noona.”.

 

             Kwangsoo looked at Jihyo and just following her to the pantry. Jihyo can’t even get to explain but Kwangsoo was already attacking her with his words.

 

             “What was that Jihyo noona? Are you still have feeling left with Kim Jongkook though it’s already passed 15 years ago? Noona micheosseo? He left you but you’re still not moving on from him? And by the way, he doesn’t even recognize you, noona. That showed you are not important to him. Pull yourself together, jebal!”, Kwangsoo asked in furious.

 

             “Ya, Lee Kwangsoo! Can’t you hear me first?”, Jihyo opened her eyes widely while stepping closer to Kwangsoo. She is furious to by Kwangsoo’s accusations. 

 

             “Keureom, malhae noona.”, Kwangsoo gave in.

 

             “We did nothing last night, eo? We just talked about work and had some dinner. That’s all. I probably slept on his arms, not in his embraces like you guys predicted.”, Jihyo explained. “And by the way, I don’t have any feelings left for him, saekki-ya. You think that I am that loser who love an entire man for my life? Not moving on? I’m not, Lee Kwangsoo. You know me.”, Jihyo enlightened.  

 

             “Keurae, noona? Mianhae for accusing you and making assumptions.”, Kwangsoo lowered his gaze. Suddenly it’s hit into his realizations. 

 

             “Don’t make assumptions without thinking, Kwangsoo-ya. You are a detective. You know that better, keutji?”, Jihyo asked in her soft voice. 

 

             “Eo, noona. Hajiman, promise me not to fall in love with Kim Jongkook eo? He is a good detective but not a good man, noona. He left you.”, Kwangsoo making promise to Jihyo as he reaches his pinky finger.

 

             “Arasseo, Kwangsoo.”, Jihyo nodded while taking Kwangsoo’s pinky finger.

 

 

“We have a new case. A 20-year-old girl was murdered at Haneul Park this morning. Her name is Jang Hyunjoo, a student at Hanyang University. Her body was found in the trash bin at Haneul Park by an old man, a garbage worker. Let’s go to the scene as soon as possible. Kwangsoo, palli. Take the van.”, Jaesuk informed in a rush to his team member and Kwangsoo, the maknae detective who will be driving them to the scene.

 

             “Ne, timjangnim.”, Kwangsoo answered with a nod. Followed by Jongkook, Haha and Jihyo.

 

             Several minutes later, the DVD’s team arrived at the scene and quickly taking a look at the body. It was indeed cruel as the victim was cut into eight pieces. Probably with an axe.

 

             “Musseun saekki did this?”, Haha cursed while looking at the body.

 

             “Michin nom.”, Kwangsoo answered.

 

             “This is not the Rainbow Umbrella Killer’s doing.”, Jihyo stated.

 

             “Yes, probably not.”, Jongkook agreed. It’s because the body was cut into pieces. From head, legs, feet, arms and hands. Rainbow Umbrella Killer will just cut a finger’s victim and his victim is always a 40-year old woman, not a 20-year old girl.

 

             “She was dead 4 hours ago.”, a forensic, Choi Hyungin interrupted them as they arrived earlier and got to the scene to observe the body.

 

             “Anything suspicious, Hyungin-ssi?”, Jaesuk asked.

 

             “Aniyo. Hajiman… it’s an amarteur doing.”, Hyungin tilted her head.

 

             “Waeyo, Hyungin-ssi?”, Jihyo asked in curiosity. 

 

             “Do you see this?”, Hyungin approached the body as she pointed at the victim’s finger.

 

             “Ne. The culprit doesn’t cut her nail nor her finger though he might know that his DNA might appear in her nail.”, Jihyo predicted.

 

             “Majayo, Jihyo hyeongsanim. The culprit must do it in a rush to run away.”, Hyungin said while looking at the DVD’s team member.

 

             “The culprit might bring her body in a rush at the corner there and cut her body in pieces. And someone might pass by or he heard a voice or a sound that brought him to panic mode. Instead of disposing the body properly and cut her nail, he ran away in fearful.”, Jongkook predicted.

 

             “Ne, majayo….. aaaa?”, Hyungin looked at Jongkook in puzzle. Probably didn’t recognize a new figure detective in front of her.

 

             “Eo? Jeuseonghamnida for not greeting you and introducing myself. I’m Kim Jongkook hyeongsanim from Anyang Station and recently transferred at Mapo Station in the DVD’s team along with them.”, Jongkook introduced with a light bowed.

 

             “Ne. I am Choi Hyungin. A forensic at NFS.”, Hyungin introduced herself too.

 

             “Anyway where is Bopil-ssi, Hyungin-ssi? We both submitted an evidence few days ago and been told today the result will be out.”, Jihyo asked.

 

             “Ne, he did informed me earlier. He will be waiting for you at his office.”, Hyungin informed. “Keureom.”, Hyungin excused herself with a light bowed.

 

         “Jamkanmanyo, Hyungin-ssi. was she strangled?”, Kwangsoo asked as he aware by the light strangle mark on victim’s head that was cut. Not so clear actually.

 

             “Ne. She was strangled and she probably tried her best to free herself as she scratched the culprit’s arm. It probably will leave some scars on the culprit’s arm. That will be a huge clue to search the culprit.”, Hyungin explained.             

 

             “Why was she got murder?”, Haha asked in disbelief.

 

             “I concluded that the culprit was probably a theft and his motive is robbing. This is because the victim’s wallet and bag were scattered. The victim must fought him so hard that made him murdered her. The culprit has no intention to kill her, instead just wanted to graze her bag and wallet but she ended up getting murdered.”, Hyungin replied.

 

             “I agreed with that.”, Jaesuk agreed with Hyungin while pointing at her.

 

             “Even so…. He can’t do this. He is not a human.”, Haha said in disgust.

 

             “So we should still conclude it as a murder, right? Though the motive was robbery.”, Jihyo asking the team member.

 

             “Ne.”, Jaesuk nodded.

 

             “So I guess Sukjin hyeongsa should be here too now.”, Kwangsoo said as Sukjin’s team is in CID and will be in charge to investigate the robbery happened to the victim.

 

             “There they are.”, Haha pointed to Sukjin’s team; along with Gary, Sechan and Somin.

 

             “So this is the body?”, Sukjin asked as he approached them.

 

             “Ne, Sukjin hyeongsa.”, Jaesuk replied.

 

             “Gwenchana, Somin hyeongsa?”, Gary asked Somin who is coughing as she smell the dead body which is similar to the smelled of rotten meat. Well, they are in CID, so handling a dead body or a corpse is a rare sight of them as they are in charge in armed robbery, ual assaults, burglaries, fraud, computer crimes, counter-drug operations and also deaths. But death was rarely happened for them to take the cases, only if it’s related like this case.

 

             “She still can’t get used to the corpse’s smell.”, Jihyo informed. 

 

             “You can back out from the scene, Somin hyeongsa. We will take care of this and you will do the rest later.”, Sukjin said to give Somin’s a break.

 

          “Gwenchanayo. I have to get used to this.”, Somin said with her teary eyes.

 

             “Don’t force yourself if you can’t, Somin hyeongsa.”, Gary adviced.

 

       “Gwenchanayo.”, Somin insisted. 

 

             “Keuraeyo. So our team should back out to look up this case and the robbery will be in charge to CID.”, Jaesuk informed to excuse himself with his team.

 

             “Ne.”, Sukjin replied. 

 

     “Suguhaesseoyo.”, Gary, Sechan and Somin said to DVD’s team as they walked away from the scene.

 

             The DVD’s team gave them a light bowed and walked to their van. Soon after that, Jaesuk quickly giving their tasks to team 1; Jongkook and Jihyo, and team 2; Haha and Kwangsoo.

 

             “Team 1, find the culprit by the CCTV nearby; shops, market, supermarket, restaurants and so on. Don’t leave anything and catch him as soon as possible.”, Jaesuk instructed to Jongkook and Jihyo.

 

             “Ne, timjangnim.”, Jongkook and Jihyo nodded.

 

             “Team 2, I want both of you to find record, information and as well as inform to the family’s victim. Anything please report to me.”, Jaesuk instructed again.

 

             “Ne, timjangnim.”, Haha and Kwangsoo nodded too.

 

             “Let’s move to the station and get work as soon.”, Jaesuk said as he walked to their van.

 

             “Ne.”, the DVD’s team member answered in unison.

 

 

“We should go here first, Jihyo hyeongsa.”, Jongkook said as they walked together around the Haneul Park’s area, the murder scene.

 

             “Igeoyo?”, Jihyo asked while pointing at the Almang Market.

 

             “Ne.”, Jongkook nodded.

 

             “Keuraeyo.”, Jihyo nodded and both of them walked to the market.

 

             They walked around the market and looking for the installed CCTV in the market. There were CCTVs in every corner of the market and even outside the market by the entrance.

 

    “Annyeonghaseyo. I am Kim Jongkook hyeongsa from Mapo Station. We are investigating the murder happened last night at Haneul Park. If you don’t mind, can we look at the CCTV’s record?”, Jongkook asked in behalf while showing his ID card to one of the staffs at the Almang Market.

 

    “Annyeonghaseyo. Keuraeyo. You can follow me.”, the staff said as he bought Jongkook and Jihyo to the office.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo followed him and took a seat each at the computer while watching and observing the CCTV’s record. “I will leave it to the both of you. I will get back to work. You can just watch this by clicking on the mouse in this files.”, the staff said as he giving a guide to Jongkook and Jihyo.

 

             “Ne, gomawoyo.”, Jongkook thanked him.

 

             “We should look for about at 3:00 am record, Jongkook hyeongsa. Since her estimated time death was at 4:00 am.”, Jihyo said.

 

             “Ne.”, Jongkook nodded and quickly clicked to the files and the recorded video last night at 3:00 am.

 

             Both of them observed carefully the record video but found nothing. It has been going about an hour that both of their neck already felt the pain and so their eyes.

 

             “I think we should move to the other place nearby since we found nothing here, Jihyo hyeongsa.”, Jongkook suggested.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo nodded with a small sighed.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo moved to the next place nearby which is Kakao Friends Hongdae Flagship Store, but still they found nothing. From investigating and observing to one place to another place; A Land Hongdae, theninemall, Ader Error, Hopes Shop, Sappun Hongdae Branch and Nassiseoul. 

 

             “We found nothing.”, Jongkook sighed.

 

             “Can we just look for another place, Jongkook hyeongsa?”, Jihyo asked. Still not giving up.

 

             “It’s already late, Jihyo hyeongsa. Are you sure?”, Jongkook asked to make sure.

 

             “I can do alone if you can’t. I told you. Don’t scold me later.”, Jihyo said as a reminder. 

 

             “Aniyo. We go together. The last one, okay? And we will continue tomorrow.”, Jongkook asked. 

 

             “Emmmm. Ne.”, Jihyo nodded. 

 

             Gentle Monster Hongdae Flagship Store was the last place that Jongkook and Jihyo went for that day. It was a sunglasses store, as well as it also sold some socks, caps and shirts. As usual, Jongkook and Jihyo will asked a permission to look for the CCTV’s record to the staff. They both looked and observed it with the last bit of their energy.

 

             “Jongkook hyeongsa! Igeo!”, Jihyo said while pointing at one of the suspicious person with a black hoodie and a denim short pants.

 

             “Which one? The one who bought the cap?”, Jongkook asked as he turned to look at Jihyo’s monitor.

 

             “Ne. Isn’t he look susipicious? Look at his arm. It was bandaged.”, Jihyo asked Jongkook while looking at him carefully.

 

             “He is trying hard to avoid the CCTV.”, Jongkook concluded as the suspect looked like he is stealing glance numerously on the CCTV. He even knew where the installed CCTV was in the market.

 

             “I think he knew this place well, Jongkook hyeongsa.”, Jihyo concluded again while looking at Jongkook in excitement. Excited that they finally found something. So this is how Jihyo’s look, Jongkook thought. Eager and workaholic Song Jihyo.

 

             “Let’s ask the staff and take this record.”, Jongkook suggested.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo agreed. 

 

             After taking the evidence and asking the staffs at the Gentle Monster Hongdae Flagship Store, Jongkook and Jihyo entered the car to go back to the station.

 

             “Do you think he is the one, Jihyo hyeongsa?”, Jongkook asked as he start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter