Moonlight

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Gwenchana?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo as he helped her to sit on the couch of Jihyo’s living room.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo nodded.

 

             “How are you feeling, my love?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo as he rubbed her cheek.

 

             “Molla, oppa. I feel like… aniya. Dwaesseo. Gwenchana.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

             “You promised me we should share everything together. No keeping secret, eo? Malhae.”, Jongkook smiled to convince Jihyo.

 

             “Keunyang… Molla, oppa. It’s a relieved that I got to arrest the Rainbow Umbrella Killer that I’ve been dying to arrest for 23 years. Finally, this day has come. Hajiman…”, Jihyo suddenly stopped while looking on the ground.

 

             “Gwenchana. Malhae. Pour it out so you can feel at ease at least a bit.”, Jongkook tapped her shoulder.

 

             “Hajiman, appa ga. I can’t believe he cheated on omma. With harabeoji’s wife.”, Jihyo uttered.

 

             “Harabeoji musseun? Please don’t call him that. You used to call him that only the day we respected him. Jigeum aniya. He is that gae saekki.”, Jongkook frowned. “Keurigu, your appa. I don’t what to say this but it’s his mistake to cheat on your omma. Hajiman, it’s still unfair for him that he got murdered because he was having an affair with the culprit’s wife. We are human and we are not suppose to punish each other. It’s a God’s job, keutji? Don’t you think so, yeobo?”, Jongkook consoled his girlfriend while rubbing her cheek.

 

             “I think so. It’s really appa’s fault and his mistake that he was having an affair behind omma. But it’s true. That is not a reason for someone to get murder. Sibal!”, Jihyo cursed as she is unsatisfied by Kim Sangho’s action.

 

             “Jihyo, I have a favor. Can you grant it for me?”, Jongkook requested while looking at her.

 

             “Mwoya, oppa? Musseun butak?”, Jihyo asked with her mong face.

 

             “I think it’s already come to an end. I mean, you finally get to arrest the Rainbow Umbrella Killer after 23 years chasing after him. Can you let go of this case now?”, Jongkook demanded as he asked softly.

 

             “I can’t let go of it just like that, oppa.”, Jihyo said as she doesn’t like the idea.

 

             “You suffered enough. You suffered with the pain alone 23 years. When I am not there. I don’t like to see you suffer. I don’t like to see you in pain. I don’t like to see you sad. I just want you to be happy and let go of the things that made you feel that way. I’m sorry that I am not there when you face this alone, Song Jihyo. I shouldn’t drive recklessly that day. Only if…”, Jongkook sighed as he remembered the day he got into coma for 2 years. The 2 years he wasted lying on the bed and lose Jihyo.

 

             “Oppa, why would you say that? It’s not your fault. We can’t predict what happened in the future. It’s a mistake, eo? Please don’t blame yourself.”, Jihyo said while cupping his cheek to face her.

 

             “If you think like that, now can you let go of this case and free your pain? I don’t want to see you suffer. I promise I will make you happy for now.”, Jongkook said while his hand rubbing her cheek.

 

             “Make me happy?”, Jihyo asked as she touched by Jongkook’s word.

 

             “Eo. I promised you. You will be the happiest woman in the world. Only if you let go of this.”, Jongkook smiled to persuade his girlfriend as his hand still busy rubbing Jihyo’s cheek.

 

             “Keurae…”, Jihyo nodded as she made her decision. 

 

             “Jinjja?”, Jongkook exclaimed in excitement that his small eyes opened widely looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile.

 

             “Gomawo, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook exclaimed again as he hugged Jihyo in excitement.

 

             “Ya, are you that happy?”, Jihyo asked between their hug as she hugged him back.

 

             “Keureom. I promised I will make you happy from now on. I will never leave you again. if I get into coma, just hit my face while I’m lying on the bed until I wake up.”, Jongkook joked.

 

             “Ya. What kind of ridiculous joke is that?”, Jihyo chuckled.

 

             “I’m serious.”, Jongkook chuckled too.

 

             “Keundae, oppa.”, Jihyo suddenly pulled away their hug as she looked at Jongkook.

 

             “Eo? Wae?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle.

 

             “Don’t you think you got into a coma because of our fault. Not only one side?”, Jihyo suddenly asked.

 

             “Wae? Why do you think like that?”, Jongkook tilted his head while looking at Jihyo with his puzzle expression.

 

             “Only if both of us make a move… you think that both of us will separated?”, Jihyo giggled.

 

             “Eo? Keurae. Maja.”, Jongkook nodded. “But don’t you think you are too slow to recognize your feelings?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “Ya! You are the same. You don’t know how I felt back then.”, Jihyo pouted.

 

             “I told you I knew last time. Remember? You still wanted to win, eo?”, Jongkook teased his girlfriend.

 

             “Ahhh mwoya? What kind of woman will confess first and make a move? I’m not that kind of woman.”, Jihyo pouted as she crossed her arms while looking away from Jongkook.

 

             “Eo? You are cute.”, Jongkook chuckled as he cupped Jihyo’s cheek to look at him.

 

             “Ayy, mwoya?”, Jihyo brushed off Jongkook’s hand away from her face gently.

 

             “I want to kiss you right now.”, Jongkook chuckled as he moved closer to Jihyo.

 

             “Na ajik apasseo.”, Jihyo glared at him.

 

             “Gojimal.”, Jongkook chuckled again.

 

             “Jinjja ne. You don’t see all this bruises? This scar? And especially this amputated finger of mine?”, Jihyo showed and pointed all of the bruises, scar and her finger to Jongkook.

 

             “Ara. Hajiman, remember the day we were at hospital? You tried to kiss me back but then Kwangsoo and our friends came.”, Jongkook reminded as he giggled while staring at Jihyo’s mong expression.

 

             “Last time? It’s different.”, Jihyo tried to find an excuse.

 

             “What’s different. You are still appeo too.”, Jongkook pulled his face closer to Jihyo again.

 

             “Mwoya!”, Jihyo yelled but quickly landed her lip to Jongkook. Making Jongkook kissed her back hungrily as they missed each other.

 

 

“I can’t believe you want to see me here, eo?”, Sangho said as soon as he saw Jihyo took a seat in front of him.

 

             “Wahhh. I can’t believe you look good in that outfit.”, Jihyo smiled while looking at Sangho.

 

             “Just tell me why are you here? What more do you want to hear from me?”, Sangho asked while frowning.

 

             “Keunyang. I just want to see your well-being. You almost die but yet you are serving your last bit of life here. Interesting!”, Jihyo laughed.

 

             “If you are here to talk nonsense, just go home. I don’t have anything to say to you. Ka!”, Sangho said as he looked away from Jihyo.

 

             “Ani. I do have something to tell you. And something to ask.”, Jihyo uttered while looking at Sangho straight in the eyes.

 

             “Mwo? Palli. I don’t have time to spend with you.”, Sangho rolled his eyes.

 

             “I don’t ask why you kill my father. But I will ask why are you murdering all the 15th woman with a different surnames and an age of 40? They are innocent!”, Jihyo exasperated.

 

             “It’s true that they didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just a fate that they were in their 40. Perfect fit to be my victims.”, Sangho smirked.

 

             “Saekki.”, Jihyo glared at him in dissatisfied as she slammed her punch on the table.

 

             “I told you.”, Sangho raised his shoulder, making an innocent look on his face.

 

             “You know what? I released your wife from the cell and she told me your ex-wife’s body whereabout.”, Jihyo revealed.

 

             “Ne… Ne? She told you?”, Sangho opened his eyes widely.

 

             “Now we are talking.”, Jihyo smirked.

 

             “Sibal keu yeoja.”, Sangho cursed in dissatisfaction.

 

             “Keurigu, Haein said he will remove you from his family registration.”, Jihyo revealed again.

 

             “Ne?! He can’t do that to his appa!”, Sangho slammed the table with his palms in enrage that police officers came by to stop him but Jihyo stopped them.

 

             “He said he doesn’t have an appa like you. A murderer, abuser, who took an innocent’s life for his own dissatisfaction. He never had an appa like you.”, Jihyo said as she stood up while looking at the Rainbow Umbrella Killer’s eyes.

 

             “Sibal! You don’t know anything! Out of all people, Haein can’t do me like this!”, Sangho started to get upset as he took his chair to throw it to Jihyo but the police officers were quickly to stop his action.

 

             “What was that? Are you getting upset? This is new.”, Jihyo chuckled as she avoided the chair that almost hit her.

 

             “Ya! Sibal saekki ya! You better stay low and shut up your mouth!”, Sangho enraged as he pointed at Jihyo while the police officers quickly dragging him from Jihyo.

 

             “Gomawo.”, Jihyo bowed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter