Intense

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo ensured her lower back doesn’t arch as she extended the hip, she focus on squeezing the glutes and slightly posteriorly tilting her pelvis. Ideally, she prioritized a straight line from her knees through her shoulders at the peak of contraction.

 

             She then focused on exhaling her bridge her hips up. She palpated the musculature with her hands and focused on pausing the movement at the peak of contraction. Jihyo performed the movement unilaterally and then incorporated the bilateral version after she have accumulated sufficient volume on the side with poor contractility as she found one glute has less contractility than another.

 

             “Hahhhh.”, Jihyo sighed as she completed the bodyweight glute bridge exercise for 2 sets and 30 reps. She then gulped her water bottle and wiped her sweats with a towel. 

 

             As always, Jihyo is zoning-out after completing her action. Her mong expression will never leave her. Few minutes after, her phone rang broke her thought. It was Jongkook.

 

             “Yeoboseyo, oppa?”, Jihyo answered.

 

             “Jihyo-ya? Eodiya?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “My apartment gym. Wae?”, Jihyo asked back.

 

             “Jinjja? I’m at your apartment but you are not here.”, Jongkook said.

 

             “Keurae? Wait for me a while. I’m coming up.”, Jihyo said as she stood up.

 

             Jihyo quickly went to the lift outside to go to her apartment where her boyfriend is waiting for her. The lift opened it door swiftly and she instantly formed a smile on her lip as she looked to the familiar figure in front of her in the lift. It was the security guard.

 

             “Harabeoji.”, Jihyo smiled at him as she entered the lift.

 

             “Eo? Jihyo?”, the security guard smiled at her too. “Working out?”, he predicted as he looked Jihyo is drenched in sweat and wearing her sport bra with short black legging.

 

             “Ne. It is weekend so I guess I have to stop working for a while. At least two days.”, Jihyo chuckled as he pressed the 15 floor’s button.

 

             “Still investigating the Rainbow Umbrella Killer?”, the security guard predicted.

 

             “Ne. Keu gae seukki is tiring me. A monster that I can’t catch for 7 years giving me a lot of headache.”, Jihyo sighed.

 

             “Do you hate him that much?”, Kim Sangho, the security guard asked in curious.

 

             “Ne. Who wouldn’t hate a killer? They are monster.”, Jihyo shook her head.

 

             “Do you think they has a reason to kill someone? I mean, why would they kill someone?”, Sangho tilted his head as he wondered the killer’s mind.

 

             “Ne. They did have reason. But that doesn’t mean they can kill, keutji harabeoji? You must be the same as me. You understand me, right?”, Jihyo asking for his opinion.

 

             “Amado.”, the security guard smile while nodding. 

 

             Ting! The lift opened the door as it reached to Jihyo’s floor.

 

             “Kalkaeyo, harabeoji.”, Jihyo bowed with her sweet smile as she bid her goodbye to Sangho.

 

             “Ne.”, he smiled back and the door quickly closed.

 

             Jihyo walked to her apartment while pressing the passcode from her smart door and entered her apartment instantly. She took off her shoes and peeked on her living room.

 

             “Jihyo.”, Jongkook greeted her with a smile.

 

             “Oppa.”, Jihyo smiled while approaching him and took her seat next to him right away.

 

             “Working out?”, Jongkook asked the obvious question.

 

             “Eo. Well, it’s weekend. It’s my routine. Just like you.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

             “Mwo?”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “What are you doing here, oppa?”, Jihyo asked with her mong expression.

 

             “Andwae? I miss you.”, Jongkook smiled as he moved closer to hug her but Jihyo quickly brushed off Jongkook’s hands away. “Eo?”.

 

             “I am drenched with sweats, oppa.”, Jihyo said.

 

             “Keurae? Gwenchana. It’s still you.”, Jongkook joked.

 

             “Stop your cheesy comment, oppa. I want to take a shower now.”, Jihyo said while standing up.

 

             “Ya! Who says you can go to shower now?”, Jongkook grabbed Jihyo’s arm and gently laying her down on the couch as he sat on top of her.

 

             “Oppa….. Mwoya?”, Jihyo blushed by Jongkook’s sudden moved. He even sat on top of her.

 

             “You should take responsibility, eo? Your y outfit with your body attracted me.”, Jongkook teased.

 

             “Oppa, what are you doing now?”, Jihyo cheek turned red immediately.

 

             “Just adoring the beauty of my girlfriend.”, Jongkook smiled as he ruffled Jihyo’s hair.

 

             “Keumanhae. I don’t have time for this, eo?”, Jihyo still blushing.

 

             “Jihyo.”, Jongkook called on as he fixed his position while removing himself from Jihyo’s.

 

             “Eo?”, Jihyo answered while fixing her position too.

 

             “You know. I…. It’s awkward to say this so suddenly. Hajiman, I am sure of my feelings to you.”, Jongkook said while avoiding Jihyo’s eyes.

 

             “Mwo, oppa? Why are you suddenly like this?”, Jihyo asked in puzzle. Where is the bold Jongkook earlier? He turned immediately to the shy Jongkook in sudden.

 

             “I… emmm. Saranghae, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook stuttered as he is shy.

 

             “Ne?”, Jihyo can’t believe her ears. Her eyes started to pool with tears as she is touched by Jongkook’s confession.

 

             “Saranghae, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook said confidently as he looked at Jihyo while rubbing her cheek.             

 

             “Nado. Saranghae Kim Jongkook.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

 

“Do you think we should look for people who bought a rainbow umbrella again before this November?”, Kwangsoo suddenly broke the silenced at the DVD’s office as everyone is busy investigating the Rainbow Umbrella Killer’s case.

 

             “Do you remember that you got punched by one of the costumer from GS25’s convenience store last year because you suspected him too much?”, Haha reminded Kwangsoo.

 

             “Ani. What should we do then? This investigation doesn’t lead us anywhere.”, Kwangsoo said in disbelief while looking at Haha and his team.

 

             “Do you think we are not desperate as you are, Kwangsoo hyeongsa? There is this one person who eagerly to catch the Rainbow Umbrella Killer than you.”, Jongkook said while looking at his monitor. Probably searching for the button source in the internet.

 

             “I heard you, Jongkook hyeongsanim.”, Jihyo interrupted as she kept her eyes focusing on the monitor too.    

 

             “Jihyo hyeongsa, November is coming soon in a month. Do you think we should at least disguise ourselves or bait him?”, Haha suggested.

 

             “Without any lead of his next place to murder his another victim?”, Kwangsoo interrupted.

 

             “I agreed with you, Haha hyeongsa. Since his target is 40-year-old woman, I think I can lure him. Well, I’ll turn 40 next year.”, Jihyo uttered the truth fact while sighing.

 

             “Ya. What do you think? It’s dangerous.”, Jongkook frowned while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Ya? We are still at office and this is working hours, Jongkook hyeongsanim.”, Jihyo said to Jongkook.

 

             “I know. You can’t lure him by using you as a bait.”, Jongkook frowned again.

 

             “Majayo. I don’t agreed either.”, Kwangsoo supported Jongkook.

 

             “Then, who would lure him? Unless than me? I’m the only woman here.”, Jihyo said in disbelief.

 

             “I believe we have another way. Don’t think that way. I reminded you, Jihyo hyeongsanim.”, Jongkook enlightened.

 

             “Mwoya?”, Jihyo pouted.

 

             The silenced filled the air again as they focused on working their investigation. The sound of tapping keyboard, ruffling paper, scribbling pencil and the humming sound of the ceiling fan surrounded them. Only after few minutes passed, Jaesuk entered the office in a rush.

 

             “Yeudeura, we got a new case. Ganbyeong Samsung Suite Apartment, 178 Wonhyoro 4 (sa) – ga, Yongsan-gu. A woman was found stabbing her son. Not to say it’s lucky, but the victim just got hurt and having a light surgery at the hospital right now. The woman was arrested in action.”, Jaesuk said as he putted his stuffs on his table.

 

             “I’ll get the van ready, timjangnim.”, Kwangsoo stood up to get ready.

 

             “Keuraeyo. Let’s go to the scene.”, Jaesuk nodded.

 

             “Ne.”, Jongkook, Haha and Jihyo answered as they stood up too.

 

             Several minutes later, they arrived and quickly entered the crime scene. Jaesuk, Jongkook, Haha, Jihyo and Kwangsoo looked around thoroughly the crime scene. From the blood, scattered stuffs on the floor and to the weapon on the couch.

 

             “I think the mother and the son had a fight.”, Hyungin said while approaching Jaesuk after investigating the crime scene.

 

             “Ne. This explained it all.”, Jaesuk nodded while pointing his surrounding.

 

             “But to stab her son is shocking to me. How can a mother tried to attempt murder her own son?”, Jongkook interrupted as he voiced his opinion.

 

             “Majayo. That is weird for me too. I wondered why but I don’t have the answer. That your guys job to figure it out.”, Hyungin said while raising her shoulder.

 

             “Hyungin-ssi, where did she stabbed her son?”, Jihyo asked Hyungin.

 

             “Majayo. I forgot to inform you guys. She stabbed her son at the stomach where she avoided to stab on the artery. It looked like she doesn’t have the urge to kill his own son.”, Hyungin informed.

 

             “Since the vein pressure would be too slow to make someone bleed to death due to quick mechanism of blood clotting, she stabbed him where he can still survive?”, Jihyo uttered.

 

             “Ne. Majayo, hyeongsanim. He wouldn’t die from the stab wound and he didn’t suffer with the hypovolemic shock too since she didn’t stab on his artery. She tried to keep him survived.”, Hyungin continued.

 

             “We would figure that. We should question her right, timjangnim?”, Haha asked Jaesuk the obvious question.

 

             “Ne. Donghoon hyeongsa, you get to question her along with Kwangsoo hyeongsa. Jongkook hyeongsa and Jihyo hyeongsa will go to meet her son at the hospital. Question him.”, Jaesuk instructed.

 

             “Ne, timjangnim.”, Jongkook, Haha, Jihyo and Kwangsoo answered. 

 

 

Jongkook and Jihyo went to Yeonsei Hospital to meet the victim, the son of the woman who attempted murder him. They both entered his room as he is still laying unconscious on the bed.

 

             “What do you think the reason is, hyeongsanim?”, Jihyo wondered while looking at the victim on the bed. Unconscious.

 

             “Mollayo. But I believe she does have a reason.”, Jongkook answered.

 

“Or do you think she wanted to run away from someone? By stabbing her own son?”, Jihyo voiced her opinion.

 

“I don’t think so she would do to that extend. It’s still her own kid.”, Jongkook said as he doesn’t agreed with Jihyo’s opinion.

 

“Keuraeyo?”, Jihyo asked while tilting her head.             

 

“Ne. Who wanted to kill his or her own kid just to save their own life?”, Jongkook said.

 

“Anyone would do anything to save his or her own life if they are desperate.”, Jihyo said as she turned to look at Jongkook.

 

“Keurae?”, Jongkook looked at her too.

 

“Ne.”, Jihyo nodded.

 

“Keurae. We will wait for Donghoon hyeongsa and Kwangsoo hyeongsa then. We will ask them later after they finish question her.”, Jongkook said.

 

“Ne.”, Jihyo nodded again.

 

“Where am I?”, the victim suddenly asked as he is conscious.

 

“Eo? Are you awake, Haein-ssi?”, Jihyo asked quickly while looking at him.

 

“I will call the doctor.”, Jongkook instantly stood up while going out to get his doctor.

 

Few seconds later, the doctor entered the room along with the nurses to check on the victim. “He is good for now. Just be careful of the wound on his stomach and have some rest. Don’t do anything that can hurt yourself for a while.”, the doctor informed the victim and also to Jongkook and Jihyo.

 

“Ne. Kamsahamnida, sonsaengnim.”, Jongkook thanked in behalf.

 

“Ne.”, the doctor bowed as he excused himself.

 

“You should have enough rest, Haein-ssi.”, Jihyo said to Haein, the victim of the stabbing case.

 

“Ne. Hajiman, nuguseyo?”, Haein asked in puzzle while looking at the two detectives in front of him.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Haein-ssi. I am Kim Jongkook hyeongsanim and this is Song Jihyo hyeongsanim. We are here to question you regarding the incident with your mother.”, Jongkook introduced while telling his request to the victim.

 

“Aaaa ne. Annyeonghaseyo.”, Haein replied.

 

“Can you tell us about what happened, Haein-ssi?”, Jihyo asked politely, to calm the victim down.

 

“We just… had a small… fight…”, Haein suddenly said in sullen. Jongkook and Jihyo can’t believe that Haein wanted to tell them that quick.

 

“Jinjjayo? Waeyo?”, Jongkook asked.

 

“Keunyang…. A fight between a mother and a son.”, Haein said in sullen again.

 

“To the extend that she stabbed you?”, Jongkook asked in disbelief.

 

“But I survived right?!”, Haein suddenly asked in anger.

 

“Keuraeyo. Don’t get mad. We are sorry.”, Jihyo tried to calm the victim down by tapping Jongkook’s hand as a gesture to stop him from talking to the victim.

 

“Please don’t arrest uri omma. She is not intentionally to stab me.”, Haein tried to convince them.

 

“We can’t do that since she was caught in action. Hajiman, what do you mean that she is not intentionally stabbed you?”, Jihyo asked in curious.

 

“Keunyang. I just have that feel.”, Haein said while avoiding his eyes.

 

Jongkook and Jihyo just keeping their mouth silenced as they were dumbfounded. Somehow, it’s a weird case. The victim asked not to arrest his mother despite knowing the fact that his mother stabbed him.

 

“Adeul-a.”, the father of the victim called him while approaching him.

 

“Appa?”, Haein answered.

 

Jongkook and Jihyo surprised as they recognized the familiar figure of the father’s victim in front of him.

 

“Harabeoji?”, Jihyo asked while looking at Haein’s father with her big doe eyes opened.

 

“Eo? Jihyo hyeongsa?”, Sangho, the security guard at her apartment looked at her.

 

“Majaneundeyo.”, Jihyo said in disbelief.

 

“Haein is your son, harabeoji?”, Jongkook interrupted as he asked Sangho.

 

“Ne, hyeongsanim.”, Sangho nodded.

 

“Appa, what are you doing here? How about your job? And you know these detectives?”, Haein asked his father as he slowly sat up.

 

“I’m visiting you of course. I just leave my job as I got shocked to hear your news from the police.”, Sangho answered.

 

“Is that okay?”, Haein asked in concern.

 

“Gwenchana. Don’t bother about it.”, Sangho nodded.

 

“And you know them?”, Haein asked Sangho while pointing at Jongkook and Jihyo.

 

“Eo. This yeoja hyeongsanim is a resident at my work place, and this is her colleague.”, Haein’s father answered smoothly.

 

“Keuraeyo?”, Haein asked to make sure.

 

“Omma neun?”, Sangho asked Haein.

 

“She got arrested.”, Haein answered in sullen.

 

“Why did she do this to you?”, Sangho groaned.

 

“We just had a small fight, appa.”, Haein said honestly.

 

“So she stabbed you?”, Sangho asked in disbelief but Haein just keeping his mouth shut and not answering his father. “Can you save my wife, Jihyo hyeongsa?”, Sangho quickly turned and asked Jihyo.

 

“I’m afraid I can’t grant your wish, harabeoji. She was caught in action.”, Jihyo replied politely, not wanting to make Sangho worry.

 

“But we will get the answer from her soon. Our colleague is still questioning her at the station.”, Jongkook tried to convince too.

 

“Ne.”, Sangho nodded in sullen.

 

Jihyo phone suddenly rang, interrupting their conversation. Jihyo quickly answered her phone from Haha. 

 

“Yeoboseyo, Donghoon hyeongsanim?”, Jihyo answered.

 

“Jihyo hyeongsa, eodiseoyo? Still at the hospital?”, Haha predicted.

 

“Ne. Waeyo, hyeongsanim?”, Jihyo asked again.

 

“The culprit didn’t want to answer any of our question, except from you.  She said she will answer and only talk to you.”, Haha said, making Jihyo surprised.

 

“Ne? The culprit knew me?”, Jihyo asked in shock and quickly covered as she eyed Sangho and Haein.

 

“Ne.”, Haha nodded, though Jihyo can’t see it.

 

“I will go to the station right away. Keunneoyo.”, Jih

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter