Jealousy

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo snuggled in the bed under the blanket while tapping on the side of the bed. She opened her eyes as she noticed that Jongkook was not there. She quickly got up and went outside of the guestroom to find Jongkook.

 

             “Oppa?”, Jihyo called on in nervous while looking around her apartment.

 

             “Eo, Jihyo-ya? You’re awake?”, Jongkook turned to look at Jihyo while his hand is busied cooking the fried egg for him and Jihyo’s breakfast.

 

             “Oppa…”, Jihyo walked quickly to Jongkook and giving him a back hugged.

 

             “Jihyo, wae?”, Jongkook asked in surprise by Jihyo’s action.

 

             “I thought you are not here. I’m still scare, oppa.”, Jihyo admitted while tightening her hug.

 

             “I promised you that I won’t leave you, yeobo.”, Jongkook reminded while rubbing Jihyo’s arm as his other hand is cooking the fried egg.

 

             “Arasseo. What did you make?”, Jihyo asked while peeking at Jongkook’s cook.

 

             “Fried egg.”, Jongkook smiled.

 

             “You know how to cook?”, Jihyo asked in puzzle.

 

             “Don’t you think a big muscle man like me can’t cook, yeobo.”, Jongkook chuckled again.

 

             “I also got a package then.”, Jihyo smiled while looking at Jongkook’s side profile.

 

             “Package? What do you mean, yeobo?”, Jongkook asked while smiling as his eyes focused on the pan. 

 

             “Eo. Package. I may be a kind-hearted woman with good look like you said, but you, a big muscle man with a handsome face, killing smile, kind-hearted and know how to cook are a package for me too.”, Jihyo giggled.

 

             “Mwo? That’s too much, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook chuckled shyly while putting the fried egg on his and Jihyo’s plate on the table. “Jusim, it’s hot.”, he reminded Jihyo between their sweet conversation in the morning.

 

             “Too much? I don’t think so. Because it’s you.”, Jihyo smiled again as she took her seat.

 

             “You keep fascinating me, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook said while patting Jihyo’s hair while Jihyo just giving him her sweetest smile.

 

             “Meoggeo.”, Jongkook said while taking his seat in front of Jihyo.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile.

 

             “Jihyo-ya, are you sure you are okay? Can you go to work after this?”, Jongkook asked to make sure while taking a bit of his food.

 

             “Eo, oppa. I need to continue working. Donghoon oppa and Kwangsoo said that they will be looking at the CCTV here too, so I don’t think I need to take a rest.”, Jihyo informed.

 

             “Jinjja?”, Jongkook asked again while looking at Jihyo straight in the eyes.

 

             “Eo. Jinjja, oppa. Gwenchana. As long as you are with me.”, Jihyo said to assure Jongkook.

 

             “Arasseo. Don’t ever go anywhere without me, eo?”, Jongkook said.

 

             “Arasseo.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile.

 

             After having their breakfast together, Jongkook and Jihyo were ready to go to work as they were done taking shower. Both of them went to the lift and to the parking lot to take Jongkook’s car. 

 

             Before arriving to the parking lot, Jongkook and Jihyo bumped into Haha and Kwangsoo from downstairs. Probably both of Haha and Kwangsoo wanted to check on the CCTV at Jihyo’s apartment.

 

             “Noona.”, Kwangsoo called on.

 

             “Eo, Kwangsoo-ya. Are you and Donghoon oppa are going there now?”, Jihyo predicted.        

 

             “Eo, Jihyo.”, Haha answered.

 

             “I want to go too. I need to see keu saekki’s face.”, Jihyo said.

 

             “Keurae. Kaja, Jihyo, hyung.”, Haha said as they went to Jihyo’s apartment building CCTV room. 

 

             “Harabeoji.”, Jihyo called Sangho as they entered the CCTV’s room.

 

             “Jihyo hyeongsa? What are you doing here in the morning? Kwangsoo hyeongsa ddo isseoyo?”, Sangho said while looking at the four detectives figure in front of him.

 

             “Harabeoji, orrae maniya. Hajiman, we are here to check on the CCTV’s record. Can you help us?”, Kwangsoo said to Sangho.

 

             “Eo, keurae. Of course I can. It’s the detective’s request.”, Sangho said while standing up and went to the monitor.

 

             “Gomawoyo, harabeoji.”, Kwangsoo thanked while approaching Sangho, along with Jongkook, Haha and Jihyo.

 

             “Hajiman, waeyo Kwangsoo hyeongsa? Jihyo hyeongsa? Something happened here?”, Sangho asked as his hand busied clicking the mouse.

 

             “Someone send a threat at noona’s apartment, harabeoji. We just wanted to check on that.”, Kwangsoo informed.

 

             “Ne? Mwo?”, Sangho asked while opening his eyes widely looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Na gwenchanayo, harabeoji.”, Jihyo smiled as she aware of Sangho’s expression.

 

             “Jinjjayo, hyeongsanim? I feel bad now.”, Sangho said.

 

             “Waeyo, harabeoji? Why are you the one who feel bad?”, Jihyo asked in puzzle with her mong face.

 

             “Because I should assure the residents safety here, including you hyeongsanim. But what? You received a threat last night? That’s mean I don’t do my job properly.”, Sangho sighed.

 

             “Aniyo, harabeoji. I don’t blame you. The culprit is still at fault.”, Jihyo assured.

 

             “Majayo, harabeoji.”, Kwangsoo supported with a nod.

 

             “Now let us see the CCTV’s record, harabeoji. In front of my apartment. 1508, around 11:25 pm.”, Jihyo requested.

 

             “Keuraeyo. Jamkanmanyo.”, Sangho said while looking for the CCTV’s record. “Igeoyo.”, Sangho said while pointing at the files.

 

             “Can we take a look, harabeoji?”, Jongkook asked in a rush.

 

             “Ne, hyeongsanim.”, Sangho said while removing himself from the seat.

 

        “Kamsahamnida, harabeoji.”, Jongkook said while instantly taking the seat and looked at the monitor. He played the CCTV’s record around 11:25 pm in front of Jihyo’s apartment door and noticed that a deliveryman from Fedex Express delivering the black box in front of her apartment.

 

             “Nuguya? Deliveryman?”, Haha asked as he looked closer.

 

             “Probably. Or someone who granted someone’s request.”, Jongkook said.

 

             “Zoom in on his face, hyung.”, Kwangsoo requested while pointing at the deliveryman who turned his face slightly to the CCTV.

 

             Jongkook quickly zoomed in on the deliveryman’s face and looked at it closer. His face looked normal but Jongkook quickly asked permission from the security guard to take the CCTV’s record for an investigation.

 

             “Harabeoji, can I take this CCTV’s record?”, Jongkook asked Sangho.

 

             “Keuraeyo. You can do that so he can be arrested. How dare he send a threat to Jihyo hyeongsa.”, Sangho shook his head in disbelief.

 

             “Gomawoyo, haraboeji.”, Jongkook thanked as he quickly took the CCTV’s record into his pen drive.

 

             “Keundaeyo, harabeoji. You don’t see anyone suspicious last night while doing your patrol or nearby the apartment?”, Haha asked after they were done checking the CCTV’s record.

 

             “Aniyo. This is my first time to look at the deliveryman’s face too. He is not a common face of deliveryman who often made the deliveries here.”, Sangho said while tilting his head.

 

             “Keuraeyo, harabeoji?”, Jongkook asked to make sure.

 

             “Ne. I’m sorry for my carelessness. I’ll make sure to do my job properly, hyeongsanim.”, Sangho apologized while bowing to the detectives in front of him.

 

             “Aniyo, aniyo. That’s not what I meant. Gwenchanayo. Some mistakes will occure at time like this.”, Jongkook said while waving both of his hands to Sangho. Poor that old man for blaming himself on what happened to one of the residents at the apartment he is working.

 

             “Majayo, harabeoji. Na gwenchanayo.”, Jihyo smiled to assure as she held Sangho’s shoulder.

 

             “We are going to the station now, harabeoji. Gomawoyo for your cooperation.”, Kwangsoo said to Sangho while bowing.

 

 

“I got it!”, Kwangsoo screamed as he got the information of the deliveryman who send a threat to Jihyo’s apartment. 

 

             “Mwo?”, Haha asked in surprise.

 

             “The deliveryman information.”, Kwangsoo said in excitement.

 

             “Nugu keu saekki?”, Jongkook immediately stood up while approaching Kwangsoo.

 

             “Jo Insung. 39 years old man who currently lives at the Yangpyeong-dong 6 Ga, Mapo. He is a photographer who owned the Jo’s Digital shop here in Mapo.”, Kwangsoo read the information from the database.

 

             “A photographer?”, Haha asked while tilting his head.

 

             “Do you know him, Jihyo?”, Jaesuk asked while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “He was my sunbae in school…”, Jihyo answered while processing her thoughts.

 

             “Sunbae?”, Kwangsoo asked. “Seolma, the one who has a crush on you back then, noona? The rude brat.”, Kwangsoo stood up while opening his eyes widely looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Kwangsoo hyeongsa, we are in the office and this is working hours. Fix your speech.”, Jaesuk reminded Kwangsoo.

 

             “Ne, timjangnim.”, Kwangsoo nodded. 

 

             “Jihyo hyeongsa, do you still in contact with him?”, Haha asked Jihyo.

 

             “Aniyo. We don’t contact each other since we graduated from high school. I don’t even have his number. We are not that close. Keutji, Kwangsoo hyeongsa?”, Jihyo said while asking Kwangsoo to make sure.

 

             “Ne. Majayo.”, Kwangsoo nodded.

 

             “Should we go to his shop now? We should at least question him.”, Jongkook suggested.

 

             “Keurae. You guys can go now. Anything just inform me.”, Jaesuk said to his team.

 

             Jongkook, Haha, Jihyo and Kwangsoo went to the Jo’s Digital together with Jongkook’s car while Kwangsoo is driving. About few minutes, they arrived at Jo’s Digital and came up with a light strategy.

 

             “Since he knew Jihyo hyeongsa and Kwangsoo hyeongsa, I think it’s the best for me and Donghoon hyeongsa to enter first. After it’s clear, then we will notice both of you by texting.”, Jongkook said as he leads them.   

 

             “Ne.”, Kwangsoo nodded along with Jihyo.

 

             “Kaja, Donghoon hyeongsa.”, Jongkook said as he went out from his car and walked to the Jo’s Digital along with Haha.

 

             He carefully entered the shop while looking around and aware that Jo Insung was there looking at his monitor while editing some photographs.

 

             “Eoseo osipsio.”, Insung greeted Jongkook and Haha while standing up as he took off his glasses.

 

             “Ne.”, Haha nodded.

 

             “What can I help you? Do you want to take some photos or anything else other than that? We are providing the self-camera booth too if you are interested. But I don’t think both you are gonna take the booth since you were both male right?”, Insung said with a smile, also a joke.

 

             “Aniyo. We are here for something else.”, Jongkook replied.

 

             “Keureomyo?”, Insung asked while tilting his head.

 

             “Do you deliver photographs here to our home?”, Haha turned to ask.

 

             “Keureomyo. Just give me your address after we are done taking some pictures.”, Insung nodded.

 

             “Arasseoyo. Can you deliver to the Raemian Prugio Mapo 34Type 195 Mapodaero’a apartment at Mapogu here? Floor 15, apartment 1508.”, Jongkook said while revealing Jihyo’s apartment. Probably to test Insung.

 

             “Keureom… Ne? Nuguseyo?”, Insung asked in shock while retreating his steps as he recognize the apartment number.

 

             “Ya, Jo Insung. Meomchu!”, Haha shouted to Insung while pointing at him.

 

             “Sibal!”, Insung cursed in panic while running away through the back door but unfortunately he tripped as Kwangsoo’s step on his feet who was probably waiting on the back entrance.

 

             “Annyeong, sunbae.”, Kwangsoo greeted while waving his hand to Insung.

 

             “Aish c….”, Insung groaned.

 

             “Sunbae.”, Jihyo called on.

 

             “Jihyo?”, Insung asked while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “We need to talk, Jo Insung-ssi.”, Jongkook approached from the back and quickly grabbed Insung’s collar.

 

             “Ahhhh, I don’t know anything. Someone requested me to do so.”, Insung immediately confessed.

 

             “So you know what we were referring too?”, Haha challenged. 

 

             “Ne. My face probably get caught from the CCTV, that is why you guys are all here. If I was the culprit, I won’t be that careless. I swear I just did someone request. He offered a lot of money.”, Insung said in desperation.

 

             “Jinjja? Do you have proof?”, Jongkook glared at him.

 

             “Ne. In my computer. I can show you his email.”, Insung nodded in determination.             

 

             “Show us, then.”, Jongkook said while pushing Insung.

 

             Insung immediately went to his desk and opened his email from the unknown sender. “Yeogi pabayo.”, Insung said while showing the email to the detectives.

 

             “His email name…. [email protected]?”, Kwangsoo read.

 

             “Nuguya?”, Haha asked while tilting his head.

 

             “We should trace the sender IP address, hyeongsanim.”, Jihyo said to Jongkook.

 

             “Are you telling the truth?”, Jongkook asked while grabbing Insung’s collar.

 

             “Ne, hyeongsanim. I swear!!”, Insung said while raising his left hand to Jongkook.

 

             “Jongkook hyeongsa.”, Jihyo brushed off Jongkook’s hand from Insung’s collar while looking at him fiercely.

 

             “Why are defending a person who made you cried, Jihyo-ya?”, Jongkook asked in disbelief.

 

             “Jigeum na gwenchanayo, hyeongsanim. And please call me hyeongsanim. We are still working right now!”, Jihyo fired while glaring at Jongkook.

 

         “Keumanhaeyo, Jongkook hyeongsa.”, Haha stopped Jongkook while grabbing his arm.

 

             “Sibal!”, Jongkook brushed off Haha’s hand while walking away from them.

 

             “Can we talk for a while, Insung-ssi?”, Jihyo asked Insung and she received a nod from him. “Donghoon hyeongsa, Kwangsoo hyeongsa. You can go back to the station with Jongkook hyeongsa. I’ll grab the taxi earlier. Butakhaeyo.”, Jihyo requested.

 

         “Gwenchanayo?”, Haha asked to make sure.

 

             “Are you sure, Jihyo hyeongsanim?”, Kwangsoo started to worry.

 

             “Ne. Butakhaeyo. I will call you as soon as I am done talking with him. It’s nothing. I just need to talk with him. And please, console Jongkook hyeongsanim.”, Jihyo requested again while looking at Haha and Kwangsoo.

 

             “Arasseoyo, Jihyo hyeongsa. Kaja, Kwangsoo hyeongsa.”, Haha said as he pulled Kwangsoo away. 

 

             “Call me, noona!”, Kwangsoo screamed from distance.

 

             “Keu gae saekki! We are still working.”, Jihyo uttered in silence while shaking her head.

 

             “Song Jihyo?”, Insung called on.

 

             “Ahhh ne. Can we talk for a while?”, Jihyo asked while looking at Insung.

 

             “Keuraeyo. I will close my shop for a while.”, Insung nodded while standing up to change the sign in front of his shop from ‘open’ to ‘close’.

 

             Insung then took his seat in front of Jihyo at the table in his shop for his costumer while looking at her. Still beautiful and pretty just like how he saw her in school back then, he thoughts.

 

             “What do you want to talk Jihyo-ya? Aniyo. Hyeongsanim? What should I call you?”, Insung stuttered.

 

             “Jihyo hyeongsanim, jebalyo. I don’t want to know you as my sunbaenim. You’re freaking me out last night. Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter