Unexpected Tragedies

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongkook has been dialing Jihyo’s number for numerous time but they were still no answered. He walked to hail a taxi nearby until Kwangsoo approached him to stop him.

 

             “Jongkook hyeongsa, eodigayo?”, Kwangsoo asked while grabbing his arm.

 

             “Looking for Jihyo. What then?!”, Jongkook asked in furious as he turned to look at Kwangsoo.

 

             “Why are you so frustrated? You are the one who let this thing went like this. If you were not fooled by noona for twice, this wouldn’t happened!”, Kwangsoo groaned as he blamed Jongkook.

 

             “Are you seriously blaming me now?”, Jongkook grabbed Kwangsoo by his collar as he looked straight in his eyes.

 

             “Ne. I told you that I can’t trust you with noona.”, Kwangsoo talked balk while looking Jongkook straight in the eyes too.

 

             “You guys better stop fighting and blaming each other. Don’t you guys want to find her? Fight later after she is found. She is in dangerous right now! Jinjja!”, Haha approached Jongkook and Kwangsoo as he tried to stop them.

 

             “Let’s go back to the office first and find some information about keu harabeoji.”, Jaesuk suggested as he approached them.

 

             “Ne, timjangnim.”, Haha nodded as he answered in behalf of his team. “Kaja.”, Haha said to Jongkook and Kwangsoo.

 

             Both DVD and CID’s team go back to the Mapo Station as they arrested Kim Kangwoo who tried to rob Somin. At the same time, after locking Kim Kangwoo in the cell, the DVD’s team quickly looking for Kim Sangho’s information, along with CID’s team who was there to help them.

 

             “He has a son and a wife.”, Haha uttered as he read about Kim Sangho’s information in the database.

 

             “Any criminal record?”, Jaesuk asked.

 

             “Aniyo.”, Haha answered. “Anything you know about Kim Sangho harabeoji, Kwangsoo hyeongsa?”, Haha turned to ask Kwangsoo.

 

             “Aniyo. Noona and I just knew him as the security guard at noona’s apartment. We often bumped into each other as me and noona always come home late but now I don’t know since I rarely go to her apartment. But noona often had a meal with harabeoji. They were closed to each other than me. I guess because noona is a residence of the apartment?”, Kwangsoo voiced his opinion.

 

             “Your conclusion is not strong, Kwangsoo hyeongsa.”, Jaesuk said.

 

             “Don’t you think that maybe Kim Sangho harabeoji had something on Jihyo hyeongsa?”, Jongkook asked as he tried to figure out about Jihyo and the security guard’s relationship.

 

             “Can we just track Jihyo unnie now? I’m afraid something might happen to her.”, Somin interrupted as she felt anxious about Jihyo safety.

 

             “Majayo. We should look for her right now.”, Jaesuk agreed. “Donghoon hyeongsa, Kwangsoo hyeongsa, gather all details and information about Kim Sangho and don’t miss out anything.”, Jaesuk instructed to Haha and Kwangsoo.

 

             “Ne, timjangnim.”, Haha and Kwangsoo answered in unison.

 

             “Ahhh sibal. I’ll be checking her apartment.”, Jongkook cursed in frustration.

 

             “That is what I’m gonna say. Kaja. Who knows she might be there or leaving any traces.”, Jaesuk said to his team and also the CID’s.

 

             “She might left a clue too.”, Sukjin continued.

 

             “Perhaps.”, Gary nodded.

 

             Both DVD and CID’s team went to Jihyo’s apartment. They went to her apartment as Jongkook pressed the passcode of Jihyo’s smart lock door, raising suspicion toward all of them especially Kwangsoo.

 

             “You know the passcode?”, Kwangsoo asked Jongkook in disbelief as his eyes almost popped out.

 

             “Eo.”, Jongkook answered in lazy as he entered the passcode.

 

             “Ottoke?”, Kwangsoo grabbed Jongkook’s arm while looking at him.

 

             “Kwangsoo, najunghae eo? Let’s find Jihyo first.”, Haha, the only one who knew about Jongkook and Jihyo’s relationship other than Jaesuk, tried to stop Kwangsoo.

 

             “Maja, Kwangsoo.”, Jaesuk tried to cover.

 

             Jongkook brushed off Kwangsoo’s hand and quickly entered Jihyo’s apartment and looking around. He opened the guest room, the bathroom and even kitchen to look for Jihyo but there’s not even her shadow is visible.

 

             “How about the bedroom? Have you check?”, Sukjin asked Jongkook.

 

             “Aniyo. She never let anyone enter her bedroom.”, Jongkook revealed making Kwangsoo more puzzle, along with the other except for Jaesuk and Haha.

 

             “Don’t you think we should at least check?”, Gary suggested.

 

             “What if Jihyo noona doesn’t like it?”, Sechan asked carefully before they get to enter Jihyo’s bedroom.

 

             “I don’t ing care about that. She is in danger now.”, Jongkook said while walking away to Jihyo’s bedroom.

 

             “Jongkook hyeongsa. I don’t think you have noona’s permission to enter her bedroom.”, Kwangsoo stopped Jongkook again by grabbing his arm.

 

             “Sibal! I don’t care what you are thinking. I’m his namchin.”, Jongkook revealed in frustration.

 

             “Namchin?”, Somin repeated.

 

             “Kaja. Let’s deal about that later. Jihyo’s safety is our priority now.”, Jaesuk interrupted.

 

             “Mwoya?”, Sechan opened his eyes widely after entering Jihyo’s bedroom.

 

             “Ige… mwoya?”, Haha asked too after looking around Jihyo’s bedroom.

 

             “What the is this?”, Kwangsoo approached the big transparent board with a homicide flow chart on it.

 

             “What Jihyo has been up to?”, Gary asked.

 

             “Is she that eager to catch the Rainbow Umbrella Killer that she had this in her bedroom?”, Sukjin asked while looking at the big transparent board too.

 

             “This is the reason why she doesn’t wanted me to enter her bedroom.”, Jongkook uttered. “I should have know it.”, Jongkook said.

 

             “What do you know about it?”, Kwangsoo asked.

 

             “Cheon Hwanhee.”, Jongkook pointed out Cheon Hwanhee’s name at the top of the homicide flow chart. “She has been investigating about him before she knew about the Rainbow Umbrella Killer’s first victim.”, Jongkook explained.

 

             “Mwo? I can’t understand.”, Haha asked in puzzle.

 

             “The one that she mentioned on our meeting before. Cheon Hwanhee.”, Jongkook nodded.

 

             “The one that timjangnim’s father investigated before?”, Haha finally figured out.

 

             “Eo.”, Jaesuk nodded.

 

             “Why would she investigated about Cheon Hwanhee? Is he related to the Rainbow Umbrella Killer?”, Kwangsoo asked as he tried to figure out too.

 

             “Amado.”, Jongkook replied.

 

             “What can we do about this? Unnie neun eodiya?!”, Somin started to lose her mind as she is worried about Jihyo.

 

             “It’s her father.”, Jongkook spoke.

 

             “Nu… nugu?”, Kwangsoo asked.

 

             “Cheon Hwanhee. It’s Jihyo hyeongsa’s father.”, Jongkook said in a rush while pointing at Cheon Hwanhee’s name on the board.

 

             “But she is a Song. Not a Cheon.”, Sechan said the obvious truth.

 

             “What are you talking about? Her father is still alive!”, Kwangsoo screamed in disbelief to Jongkook.

 

             “I thought you knew her for decades?”, Jongkook challenged Kwangsoo.

 

             “I do!”, Kwangsoo screamed again.

 

             “Then you don’t know anything about her? About her father? About her family? She never told you that?”, Jongkook asked Kwangsoo.

 

             “Keureom, you know then?”, Kwangsoo poking Jongkook’s shoulder numerous time in enrage.

 

             “I know. She told me before.”, Jongkook grabbed Kwangsoo’s hand.

 

             “Are you pretending that you don’t know noona for this several months?”, Kwangsoo asked in disbelief.

 

             “I don’t want to lose her again. She might run away from me if she know that I remember her.”, Jongkook enlightened.

 

             “You are a nappeun nom. How dare you leave her? She cried everyday thinking about you. This is why I don’t want her to fall in love with you but she fell in love with you again? Sibal! I hate you two!”, Kwangsoo screamed in annoyance.

 

             “What are you guys talking about? Jongkook oppa knew Jihyo unnie?”, Somin approached Jongkook and Kwangsoo upon hearing their fight.

 

             “Jongkook hyung left her before and made Jihyo noona’s life miserable. Here he is pretending to not know noona just because he is afraid that noona will leave her. ing selfish!”, Kwangsoo told to his friends while pointing at Jongkook.

 

             “Sibal.”, Haha cursed after hearing the stories.

 

             “I know this is ridiculous but can we just look for Jihyo first? I think I know where she is.”, Jongkook said in a rush while walking away from them.

 

             “Eodiga, Jongkook hyeongsa?”, Jaesuk shouted in distance.

 

             “Pohang. Jihyo is there probably with the Rainbow Umbrella Killer.”, Jongkook answered as he putted on his shoes.

 

             “I’m coming with you!”, Gary ran in a rush to follow Jongkook.

 

             “Nado.”, Somin followed too. After witnessing Gary and Somin following Jongkook, Sechan also followed them from behind.

 

             “Argghh I don’t know anymore. I might just be following them too. I will deal with Jongkook hyung later.”, Haha said in a rush. 

 

             “Kaja, Kwangsoo. Donghoon hyeongsa is right. Let’s deal with that later, eo?”, Jaesuk consoled as he tapped Kwangsoo’s shoulder.

 

             “Maja, Kwangsoo.”, Sukjin continued with a nod to Kwangsoo. Kwangsoo just kept his mouth shut and just took his light steps to follow Jongkook and the others, along with Sukjin and Jaesuk.

 

 

Jihyo went to the Hwanho Park Space Walk along with Kim Sangho as Jihyo invited him to go to her hometown along with her. It is located atop the hills of Hwanho Park in the city of Pohang. Space Walk is a surreal art installation that measures 333m in length – winding trails, loops and all. 

 

             Due to being located at an elevation and the structure’s sloping tracks, anyone who visited there will be blessed with a bird’s eye view of the Pohang cityscape as well as Youngil Bay and Youngildae Beach. Visitors also will get to choose from two available pathways located on two ends, one is easier and gentle climb, while the other steeper and perfect for more adventurous souls.

 

             “Yeppeo keutji, harabeoji?”, Jihyo asked while looking around.

 

             “Ne.”, Sangho nodded with a smile.

 

             “My appa and I used to spend a lot of time here. He liked to bring me here.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

             “Jinjjayo? Your appa must be fond of you.”, Sangho said. “Coffee.”, Sangho handed a coffee can to Jihyo.

 

             Gomawoyo, harabeoji.”, Jihyo took the coffee can from Sangho. “Ne. I’m the only daughter and kid of him.”, Jihyo revealed.

 

             “I thought you had a brother and a sister?”, Sangho asked in puzzle.

 

             “Ne. I have. Hajiman, they are my stepbrother and stepsister.”, Jihyo revealed again as she sipped her coffee.

 

             “Aaaa, jeuseonghamnida. Nan mollasseoyo.”, Sangho apologized in guilty.

 

             “Aniyo harabeoji. It’s not something to be ashamed of and nothing to be apologized. Unless someone has to take responsibility of his or her cruel action.”, Jihyo smiled as she turned to look at Sangho.

 

             “Ne?”, Sangho asked in puzzle.

 

             “Aniyo, haraboeji.”, Jihyo chuckled.

 

             “Why are you bringing me here, Jihyo hyeongsa? Instead with your family, Kwangsoo hyeongsa or your boyfriend? We even took almost 3 hours to reach here.”, Sangho asked as he can’t seem to figure out what Jihyo is thinking.

 

             “Keunyang. I don’t want people to know my past. And this place is not a good place to remember thing like that. It’s a bad place.”, Jihyo sighed as she caught some fresh air.

 

             “Bad place? Yeogisseoyo?”, Sangho asked Jihyo.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo nodded.

 

             “Waeyo, hyeongsanim?”, Sangho asked while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Keunyang. There were a gae saekki who was not ashamed of himself as he killed someone here. He even approached the daughter of that someone everywhere. Keeping his eyes close to her. Keu sibal saekki.”, Jihyo smirked while looking at Sangho.

 

             “Gae saekki?”, Sangho tilted his head.

 

             “Ne. Keu gae sibal saekki.”, Jihyo enlightened as she smirked again.

 

             “I guess you had figured out things now, Jihyo hyeongsa?”, Sangho moved closer to Jihyo while smirking back to her.

 

             “Neo. Keu gae sibal saekki, keutji? That ing Rainbow Umbrella Killer that I’ve been chasing for 23 years.”, Jihyo eyes almost pool with tears as she said that to Sangho.

 

             “You’re growing well and fine. This is the reason why you become the detective? To catch me? Hajiman, ottoke? You had failed to catch me for 7 years. Ani. 23 years.”, Sangho smirked.

 

             “Why are you approaching me, saekki-ya?”, Jihyo exasperated.

 

             “To keep my eyes on you. I promised your father that I’ll be taking care of you. That was his last request before he died in front of me.”, Sangho revealed while smirking, making Jihyo’s tears successfully escape her eyes.

 

             “Sibal! Then why do you killed him?”, Jihyo groaned.

 

             “You know the reason.”, Sangho smirked.

 

             “Keureom, Haein-ssi is your real son? The one who was problematic back then in school?”, Jihyo asked in disbelief as she opens her eyes widely.

 

             “Don’t you ever talk ill about my family. You are the same as your father!”, Sangho exasperated.

 

             “That is why he look familiar. Sibal!”, Jihyo screamed as she cursed.

 

             “It’s a pity you just figured it out now.”, Sangho laughed.

 

             “How dare you killed my appa and framed his best friend?!”, Jihyo exasperated.

 

             “I hit a jackpot. You know, you are my last target.”, Sangho smirked as his next target is right in front of his eyes.

 

             “Ne?”, Jihyo frowned.

 

             “Wae naya? I’m a Song. Did Jongkook oppa mistaken? And I’m not even 40-year-old?”, Jihyo asked in her mind.

 

             “You think you are out of my list? You are my very last target. The precious daughter of Cheon Hwanhee. People said save the best for last. You are the best target s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter