The Button

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mild flavored soup includes a whole chicken, stuffed with the other ingredients and simmered until it is very tender melted the DVD’s and CID’s team member mouth. Samgyetang is considered a tonic for those suffering from the extremely hot Korean summers. The dish also to replenish the nutrients that were lost through the sweating and physical activities, suited these detectives.

 

             “Ahhhh igeoya~”, Haha said as he sipped the broth.

 

             “Neomu massiseo.”, Somin said.

 

             “I’ve been craving this especially in this hot weather.”, Sukjin exclaimed.

 

             “I can’t believe Jongkook hyung and Jihyo noona enjoying this too after what they did behind us.”, Kwangsoo said in annoyance as he looked at both of them.

 

             “You both still owe me.”, Jaesuk continued while looking at Jongkook and Jihyo in dissatisfied.

 

             “I believe someone told Jihyo noona and made her to act again, but with a new partner in crime.”, Sechan stated. Obviously referring to Somin too.

 

             “Unnie promised me not to act alone so I trusted her this time.”, Somin pouted.

 

             “Ne. I promised you, Jeon Somin. But I kept my promised that I didn’t act alone. I am with Jongkook hyeongsanim.”, Jihyo said to Somin.

 

             “And you are proud of that, Jihyo hyeongsa?”, Jaesuk interrupted.

 

             “Aniyo. Jeuseonghamnida timjangnim.”, Jihyo apologized immediately.

 

             “I was at fault too, timjangnim. You can scold me too.”, Jongkook said.

 

             “Wahhh, I can’t believe this. Are we suppose to feel grateful to have both of you in the team? I mean, it is only Jihyo get to do this before but suddenly we got a new one? I can’t believe you are like that too, Jongkook hyeongsa.”, Sukjin said sarcastically. 

 

             “Perhaps, do you like Jihyo?”, Gary frowned while asking Jongkook.

 

             “Aniyo!”, Jongkook denied strongly. As if he get caught.

 

             “Mwoya? Don’t need to be so aggressive. Or perhaps you really like her?”, Haha turned to ask in disbelief.

 

             “Ani Donghoon oppa, Gary oppa.”, Jihyo glared.

 

             “Jihyo noona won’t. You know how she is. She even can’t call you guys oppa and it took her five years to address you all that.”, Sechan emphasized.

 

             “Maja.”, Jaesuk agreed while drinking his water.

 

             “What can Jongkook oppa do just for few months knowing her? It can’t be.”, Somin chuckled.

 

             The attention suddenly goes to Jongkook and Jihyo, making both of them flustered as they are still new in a relationship, in secret. And Kwangsoo, who kept an eye on to both of them also getting nervous that his noona would falling to Jongkook again. He can’t let that be.

 

             “I can’t believe he confessed that quickly.”, Jihyo suddenly bringing up about Lee Shin to change the topic as the spotlight was at her and Jongkook earlier.

 

             “Maja. It’s hard for them to get his confession.”, Jaesuk agreed while pointing at Haha and Kwangsoo.

 

             “How can he abused the victim just because she doesn’t want to give her body? So disgusting.”, Gary stated in disbelief.

 

             “And get to kill her too. He is a monster.”, Kwangsoo said while munching his food.

 

             “How did the halmeoni reacted?”, Jihyo asked the CID’s team.

 

             “She was cried obviously. But Somin managed to calm her down.”, Sukjin said while pointing his finger to Somin.

 

             “I felt bad every time I get to inform the bereaved family, so I understood that.”, Kwangsoo sighed.

 

             “Maja.”, Jongkook agreed while nodding.

 

             “Did you informed her friends as well? Lee Yul and Min Hyorin?”, Jihyo asked the CID’s team again.

 

             “Ajik, noona. But they probably knew by now since we informed the school.”, Sechan informed.

 

             “You even knew about Lee Yul and Min Hyorin? Wahhh. You are really something else, Song Jihyo.”, Gary shook his head.

 

             “She is DVD’s future timjangnim. She will replace me after I get my pension.”, Jaesuk said.

 

             “Aniyo, timjangnim. I can’t.”, Jihyo denied.

 

             “Waeyo? You are perfect for that role too.”, Jongkook suddenly complimenting his girlfriend without realizing the situation. That’s not the right time.

 

             “Eo? Mwoya?”, Haha asked upon hearing Jongkook’s praised. 

 

             “What’s wrong with him?”, Sukjin asked too.

 

             “Don’t hitting on my noona, Jongkook hyeongsanim.”, Kwangsoo interrupted while frowning looking at Jongkook.

 

             “Ne? I… I’m not…”, Jongkook denied as the realization hit him.

 

             “I thought something’s going on between them but I guess it’s just Jongkook hyung’s behavior.”, Gary stated.

 

             “Eo maja! Do you know? While we stacking out at Lee Shin’s house, we found a couple who made an intimate scene in front of our eyes!”, Somin exclaimed with her big eyes opened widely.

 

             “Intimate scene? Mwoya?”, Jaesuk asked in shock.

 

             “Eo. At the narrow road behind a wall. Can’t believe people get to do that anywhere now.”, Sechan shook his head as he recalled that night.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo got nervous as the couple that was mentioned by the CID’s team was probably them. Lucky that they can’t get to see their face. If not, they would be so embarrassed!

 

             “Did you guys get to see their face?”, Kwangsoo asked in excitement.

 

             “Ani. But they looked familiar.”, Somin said while tilting her head.

 

             “Only you got that feeling, Somin-a.”, Sechan laughed while pointing at Somin.

 

             “Maybe? But I didn’t get to see the woman silhouette because the man was too big enough to cover her. They kissed so passionately.”, Somin stated again while raising her shoulders.

 

             “Ya c… Disgusting.”, Jaesuk groaned while looking at Somin who uttered it innocently.

 

             “Kissing? I thought they had .”, Haha said in disbelief.

 

             “Aishhh c… Oppa, why would people doing that at the public?”, Jihyo groaned upon hearing Haha’s word.

 

             “They didn’t said they kissed before so I thought they had in public. Ani, why are you so aggressive Jihyo-ya? It’s not the couple was you. You don’t have a boyfriend.”, Haha said honestly.

 

             “Somehow, the man back and big body looked like Jongkook hyung. It’s not them right?”, Sechan uttered while laughing making Jongkook and Jihyo more nervous and sweating while his friends just keeping their mouth silence, started to process Sechan’s word.

 

             “Who knows? It made sense since they investigate about this case.”, Gary opened his eyes widely while looking at his friends and turned to Jongkook and Jihyo.

 

             “Aniyo. We didn’t get to go to Lee Shin’s house.”, Jihyo lied in panic.

 

             “Jinjja?”, Gary asked.

 

             “Ne. We didn’t get to go investigate his house.”, Jongkook covered.

 

             “Ahhh I thought it’s them. I almost exclaim in excitement.”, Jaesuk sighed in frustration.

 

             “Jaesuk hyung really like things like this, keutji?”, Haha laughed while looking at his friends while pointing at Jaesuk.

 

             “But that won’t happen between them.”, Kwangsoo said immediately.

 

             “Wae, Kwangsoo-ya?”, Sukjin asked in curious.

 

             “They are not compatible.”, Kwangsoo replied making Jihyo felt bad for breaking her promise to Kwangsoo, not to fall in love with Jongkook again. But she can’t control her feelings. She like him back then and now.

 

             “Do you think you are compatible with Sunbin, Kwangsoo-ya?”, Jaesuk teased making his friends all laughing.

 

             “Aaaa hyungggg.”, Kwangsoo giggled.

 

 

Jongkook and Jihyo arrived at Mapo High School after their lunch with their team and also CID’s team. Probably wanting to meet Lee Yul and Min Hyorin. Both of them went out the car and walked side by side entering the school.

 

             “Are you ready to meet them, Jihyo hyeongsa?”, Jongkook asked to make sure.

 

             “Ne. I want to tell Hyorin that is not her fault.”, Jihyo said in sullen.

 

             “You can do this.”, Jongkook said to calm down Jihyo while patting her head.

 

             “Ne. Kaja.”, Jihyo said.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo went to the bench under the tree, where they met them there before. Jihyo even texted Hyorin before to meet her and luckily she’s agreed.

 

      “Annyeonghaseyo hyeongsanim.”, Yul greeted as he aware Jongkook and Jihyo’s presence there.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.”, Hyorin greeted too.

 

             “Eo. Annyeong yeudeura. Gwenchana?”, Jihyo said while hugging both of them.

 

             “Not so.”, Yul replied in sullen.

 

             “I’m sorry for the loss of your friend.”, Jihyo said while rubbing Yul and Hyorin’s shoulders.

 

          “Gwenchanayo, hyeongsanim. It’s not your fault for her dead. You kept your promised to find her and you did.”, Yul uttered.

 

             “It’s our job.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

             “Yul-a, can you talk with me for a while?”, Jongkook asked Yul, probably wanted to give a space for Jihyo to comfort Hyorin.

 

             “Ne, hyeongsanim.”, Yul nodded and quickly went to approach Jongkook.

 

             “Then let’s talk, Hyorin-a.”, Jihyo said while reaching her hand to her.

 

             “Ne.”, Hyorin nodded and instantly took Jihyo’s hand.

 

             “Hyorin-a, I also lost someone I used to love so much.”, Jihyo said while looking at the sky.

 

             “Nuguyo, hyeongsanim?”, Hyorin asked while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Nae appa.”, Jihyo chuckled.

 

             “He died?”, Hyorin asked.

 

             “Ne. He was murdered by his own best friend.”, Jihyo smiled sadly.

 

             “Jinjjayo? Waeyo, hyeongsanim?”, Hyorin asked in shock.

 

             “His best friend is jealous of my appa because my appa used to brag about me to him. I am a top student when I was in school so he told him that. Unfortunately, appa’s best friend son was problematic in school so I think he was annoyed with my appa. He is bragging too much about me.”, Jihyo explained.

 

             “So he was arrested?”, Hyorin asked while looking at the ground.

 

             “Ne. And you know, I blamed myself a lot. My appa was murdered because of me.”, Jihyo said while looking at the sky again.

 

             “Waeyo? It’s not your fault hyeongsanim. The killer was the one who responsibleyou’re your appa’s death.”, Hyorin said in disbelief.

 

             “Ne. My best friend told me that too. He was the one who told me that was not my fault so I stopped blaming myself since then.”, Jihyo said while holding Hyorin’s shoulder as she looked at her straight in the eyes with a smile.

 

             “He or she is a good friend of yours then, hyeongsanim.”, Hyorin uttered.

 

             “Ne. He is.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile. “You know why I told you this?”, Jihyo asked Hyorin.

 

             “Aniyo.”, Hyorin shook her head while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “I wanted to say to you too that your friend death was not your fault. I know you blamed yourself just because you introduced keu gae saekki to her. It was keu gae saekki fault because he was the killer. The same as my appa’s killer.”, Jihyo said with a smile.

 

             “Hajiman….”, Hyorin sobbed.

 

             “Aniya. It’s not your fault dear.”, Jihyo said while hugging Hyorin and patting her head. “It’s not your fault, eo?”, Jihyo repeated.

 

             Yul and Hyorin bowed to Jongkook and Jihyo with a smile as they bid goodbye to each other. Jongkook and Jihyo waved their hands to them and instantly went inside the car.

 

             “Did the talked went well?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo while looking at her.

 

             “Ne. Thanks to you, hyeongsanim.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

             “Why me?”, Jongkook tilted his head.

 

             “Because you gave space to us earlier. You encouraged me to do so. If not, I can’t.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

             “Ani. I didn’t do anything. You are the one who did that. You kind-hearted yeoja.”, Jongkook said while rubbing Jihyo’s cheek, making her blushed.

 

             “Kind-hearted yeoja?”, Jihyo asked as he stopped Jongkook’s hand from rubbing her cheek.

 

             “Ne. That’s why I fell for you. Kwangsoo was right. People fell in love with kindness. But I was lucky. More lucky than anyone who fell with people’s kindness.”, Jongkook giggled.

 

             “Waeyo, hyeongsanim?”, Jihyo asked while putting her mong expression.      

 

             “Because I got 2 in 1, a package. A kind-hearted yeoja with good look.”, Jongkook chuckled again.

 

             “Mwoya, hyeongsanim? I can’t believe you gave that kind of cheesy comments?”, Jihyo asked in disbelief while blushing.

 

             “I did. Only for you.”, Jongkook chuckled while looking at the adorable woman in front of him.

 

 

Few months passed just like the speed of light with a lot of cases happened at Mapo, from murdered to robbery to ual assault to stealing and more. The station has been busied while dealing with those cases but unfortunately, no clues about Rainbow Umbrella Killer. Until one day….

 

             “I received this envelope yesterday and I checked with the source but got nothing.”, Jihyo said to her team.

 

             “What was it?”, Jaesuk asked.

 

             “It was pictures of Rainbow Umbrella Killer’s pictures.”, Jihyo said as she putted all the pictures she received in the envelope on the table. 

 

             “Yes, that’s him.”, Haha agreed as he recognized the Rainbow Umbrella Killer’s silhouette for 7 years investigating him though they only got to see his back, not his face.

 

             “What was his or her purpose giving this to us?”, Kwangsoo asked in puzzle.

 

             “Do you think this is his accomplice?”, Jaesuk asked while tilting his head.

 

             “Aniyo. I don’t think so. If the source was really his accomplice, then why would he or she exposed this picture?”, Jihyo replied while pointing at the pictures.

 

             “And why would he send this only to Jihyo hyeongsanim?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “Maja. He can send it to me, to you, Kwangsoo or timjangnim. But why Jihyo hyeongsa?”, Haha asked while tilting his head too.

 

             “Maybe they just want one of them to receive it so I can tell you guys? Just like now?”, Jihyo said while raising her eyebrows.

 

             “Majayo.”, Kwangsoo agreed.

 

             “What can we do with this then? It’s just some random pictures of him. I also got a lot.”, Haha said.

 

             “We can look at the background or the places in the pictures. This can lead some evidence we might miss.”, Jaesuk said.

 

             “Should we continue reading the victims case files again? We might miss something again and again.”, Jongkook suggested.

 

             “Keurae. You guys can do that. If you find something, just inform it to me as soon as possible.”, Jaeauk instructed while standing up. “You guys can clock out.”, Jaesuk said again.

 

             “Ne.”, Jongkook, Jihyo, Haha and Kwangsoo answered.

 

             “Aghhh finally. I can go home now.” Haha sighed.

 

             “Nado.”, Kwangsoo continued as he leaned his back and head on his chair. “Are you going home, noona?”, Kwangsoo asked Jihyo.

 

             “Maybe not tonight.”, Jihyo answered.

 

             “Jongkook hyung ddo?”, Haha predicted while looking at Jongkook.

 

             “Eo.”, Jongkook nodded.

 

             “Keurae. Na kanda.” Haha nodded while standing up as he bid his goodbye to them.

 

             “Nado.”, Kwangsoo followed him. 

 

             “Should we go back to the office now, oppa?”, Jihyo asked Jongkook.

 

             “Ne.”, Jongkook said to Jihyo while pulling her to his embraces.

 

             “Ya, ya, ya! Mwoha neun geoya? What if someone sees us?”, Jihyo tried to free herself from Jongkook.

 

             “I don’t care. I just want to hug and kiss you right now.”, Jongkook said while tightening his hug as he kissed Jihyo’s temple.

 

             “Ya! Oppa micheosseo.”, Jihyo screamed in silence, still trying to free herself from Jongkook.

 

             “I still can’t believe you can call me ‘oppa’ now. I just want to brag to our friends that you don’t even take five years to call me ‘oppa’.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “Ya c… Let me go, oppa!”, Jihyo finally get to free herself from Jongkook’s. “Oppa dorai-ya?”, Jihyo shook her head while walking away to the office.

 

             “Ya! Wait for me.”, Jongkook chuckled while following his girlfriend.

 

             Jihyo instantly arranged her files on her table and quickly read the case files. 

 

             “Take it easy, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook reminded his eager girlfriend.

 

             “Arasseo.”, Jihyo answered in annoyance.

 

             Both Jongkook and Jihyo read their case files of the Rainbow Umbrella Killer thoroughly. Jongkook was reading the fifth till the eight victims files while Jihyo was reading the first till fourth victims.

 

             “Anything, Jihyo-ya?”, Jongkook approached Jihyo while closing her eyes and hugged her as he leaned his head on her shoulder.

 

             “Ani oppa. My eyes hurt but I won’t give up.”, Jihyo said.

 

             “I told you to take it easy, eo?”, Jongkook said while kissing her cheek.

 

             “I won’t take it easy. It’s been 7 years. I don’t want to add another year. At least we can arrest him this year with you here.”, Jihyo stated.

 

             “Are you sure you can arrest him by this year?”, Jongkook raised his head while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Eo. You are here to help me.”, Jihyo looked at Jongkook too.

 

             “Arasseo.”, Jongkook smiled while kissing Jihyo’s lip as his hands on Jihyo’s chair and slowly move to her waist. Jihyo kissed him back while grabbing Jongkook’s hair. The kiss became hot that their chair kept hitting the table and things around them. Lucky that everyone has gone home.

 

             Their tongue dancing gracefully in each other mouths as their teeth knocked together. Jongkook hands slowly wander around Jihyo’s undershirt that he touched Jihyo milky skin but she quickly brushed Jongkook’s hands off away from her and stopped their kissing.

 

             “Oppa, mwoha neun geoya?”, Jihyo glared. 

 

             “Kissing and touching you. Wae? Andwae?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle.

 

             “Not here.”, Jihyo shook her head and continued to read the case files as she fixed her shirt and hair.

 

             “You are not fun. Prioritizing the work more than me.”, Jongkook said in sullen while going to his table too.

 

             Jihyo who noticed his sulky boyfriend quickly approached him while moving with her office chair. “Aigoo. Uri namchin got upset?”, Jihyo asked while rubbing Jongkook’s chin but he hit Jihyo’s hand lightly to remove it from his chin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter