(Episode 2) Chapter 6

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- 10 Minutes Later --

They asked him a few more questions but they still couldn't get it.

"This won't do. We need Minyoung." Jongmin told the others.

"Come on. We are detectives, too." Jaesuk reminded him.

"I know." Sejeong agreed.

"We should solve this." Jaesuk stated and Jaehyung started laughing.

"We can't rely on just one member of the team all the time." Sunmi added and Sejeong nodded. Right after she said that, Minyoung and the two other men came into the room.

"Oh, Minyoung-unnie!" Sejeong happily cried out which made Sunmi laugh.

"Sejeong-unnie, you were just agreeing on how we should solve this ourselves but you're way too eager to see Minyoung-unnie." Sunmi teased.

"Did you figure anything out?" Jaesuk asked the other team and Jaewook just laughed.

"You remember this man, right?" Jongmin pointed to Jaehyung.

"He was a member of the Genius Detective Team. He is a patient here now." Jaesuk informed the other three.

"The defeat must have been a shock." Jongmin added, remembering what Sunmi said earlier.

"Sehun, did you find anything?" Jaesuk asked the youngest man who didn't say anything yet.

"We found many things." Sehun answered.

"Really? What did you find?" Jaesuk inquired.

"There was a female profiler who visited him very often. There was another frequent visitor." Minyoung started to say.

"Who?" The other team asked.

"Jung Jaeyeong." Minyoung said and everyone pointed to Jaehyung.

"He is here."

"We aren't talking about him." Jaewook told the other team.

"Jung Jaeyeong." Minyoung reiterated.

"He is the last researcher on the document." Jaewook reminded them.

"There was also a man named Tae Hangho." He continued to say.

"Tae Hangho?" The other team repeated.

"We have the addresses of the visitors except for Jung Jaeyeong's." Minyoung informed the other four.

"What about you guys?" Jaewook asked them.

"We couldn't find out anything from him." Jongmin said, pointing to Jaehyung.

"He only plays this." Jaesuk gestured to the piano.

"What have you been doing?" Minyoung asked.

"He answers by playing the piano. We have no idea what it means." Sejeong told her.

"Seriously. He plays the piano instead of talking." Jaesuk said, looking at Jaehyung.

"Have you seen the female profiler who visited Mr. Kim Jeongtae?" Jaewook asked Jaehyung and the latter started playing the piano.

"Let's ask him something obvious. Something extremely obvious." Jaesuk suggested.

"This isn't a piano, is it?" Sehun tried to ask and Jaehyung answered the question.

"The notes went down." Minyoung pointed out.

"Mr. Kim Jeongtae escaped, right?" Jaesuk asked this time.

"The notes will go up." Jaewook guessed as Jaehyung began to play.

"They are going up." Jongmin stated.

"I don't know what we're supposed to get from this." Jongmin said after Jaehyung stopped playing.

"Seriously." Jaesuk agreed.

"The notes go up and down. The only way that he would be able to do that is through the pedals." Sunmi muttered and Sehun and Sejeong heard her. At that moment, Sehun asked Jaehyung another question.

"You weren't close to Kim Jeongtae, were you?" Jaehyung started playing the piano, his foot pressing on the right pedal.

"I got it!" Sejeong called out as she looked at Jaehyung's feet as well.

"What is it?" Jaesuk and Jongmin asked.

"Sunmi actually noticed it first. He uses different pedals." Sejeong pointed out.

"That's right." Sehun agreed.

"Really?" Jongmin asked.

"Or is it wrong?" Sunmi asked as she thought of another solution.

"No. You are right, Sunmi." Sehun told her.

"If he presses the right pedal, the answer is yes. If he presses the left pedal, the answer is no." Sehun explained to the others.

"Wait. His feet are the key?" Jaesuk asked the trio.

"Ask him a question." Minyoung said.

"Do you know Kim Jeongtae?" Jongmin asked and Jaehyung played the piano, his foot on the right pedal.

"That's why he is wearing flashy socks." Minyoung pointed out.

"What should we ask him now?" Jongmin wondered.

"Have you seen the profiler who came here often?" Minyoug asked Jaehyun and he answered yes.

"He has." Jongmin said.

"Was Kim Jeongtae obsessed with her?" Sejeong followed up.

"Yes, he was." Jaesuk was the one who pointed it out this time.

"You know, C is compulsive and incredibly obsessive. That means this murder case is laced with other problems." Jaewook realized.

"Right." Minyoung agreed.

"This is getting complicated." Jaesuk said.

"Mr. Kim Jeongtae could be at that woman's house. He was obsessed." Jongmin guessed.

"I know. He could have gone there." Sejeong seconded.

"Do we have her address?" Jaesuk asked the team.

"When we were in the other room, each patient gave us a clue about Kim Jeongtae. One patient drew triangles without any reason." Jaewook was talking when Jaehyung suddenly laid flat on the ground.

"I think he is tired now. 'I have nothing more to say.' That's what he's telling us." Jaesuk said as he looked at the man.

"Let's go to Mr. Kim Jeongtae's room." He told the team.

"Okay." The others agreed.

"Please be healthy." Jaesuk told Jaehyung before leaving.

"I'll tell Joonie-oppa to visit you. Maybe he can help." Sunmi suggested before taking her leave as well.

"Wasn't it Room Three?" Jongmin said as they walked along the corridor full of rooms on each side.

"Room Three. It shows part of his name." Minyoung pointed.

"This is the room." Jongmin said as they faced the door.

"They didn't move his belongings, right?" Jaewook asked.

"It's too soon." Minyoung told him.

"The room is well-organized." Jaewook observed as Jongmin slid the door open.

"It hasn't been long." Minyoung said again.

"His belongings are here." Sehun said as they saw that the room still contained C's belongings.

"Everything is in a group of three." Sejeong realized.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter