(Episode 3) Chapter 15

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 22, 2018, 05:00 PM --

-- L7 Hotel, Mapo-gu, Seoul --

Jongmin, Minyoung, Sehun and Sunmi arrived at the location first and Sunmi immediately parked the car.

"Are they here yet?" She asked, as she tried to look around to see if she could spot Jaesuk's car.

"They were a bit farther from this place than us, let's wait a little more." Minyoung suggested and they just stayed in the car, on the lookout for the rest of the team. After a few minutes, a familiar car pulled up to the parking lot and parked a little ways away from them. Sunmi and the others exited the car to meet the other team.

"There they are." Jongmin said as he pointed towards the other group.

"We brought it." Sehun happily said.

"Did you find it?" Jaewook asked as they were about to meet halfway.

"How will we split 20 million won?" Sehun then asked as the group finally met in the middle and started to head to the hotel's cafe where Seyeon said she would be waiting.

"We should split it evenly." Jaesuk told him with a laugh.

"Seyeon-ssi." Jongmin called out once they arrived at the lobby and saw the woman.

"Hello." Jaesuk greeted.

"There you are." Seyeon greeted the group.

"I am sorry that you had to wait. We are a bit late." Jaesuk apologized.

"How did it go?" Seyeon asked the team.

"We found it." Sehun told her.

"We found it, of course." Jaesuk repeated.

"Really?" Seyeon said with a gasp of delight.

"We did our absolute best." Jongmin assured her.

"It's here." Jaesuk said, gesturing to Minyoung who was holding the box that contained the Odd Eye.

"Please show me the Odd Eye." Seyeon requested.

"Would you like to see it?" Jaesuk asked her.

"Yes." She answered and Minyoung lifted the velvet cloth to reveal the Odd Eye inside the clear box.

"Is it the heirloom?" Sehun asked her.

"Yes, it is!" Seyeon answered.

"We were suspicious of her. She could be the Phantom Thief." Sehun whispered to Jaesuk during this time.

"For goodness' sake. How could the client be the Phantom Thief?" Jaesuk answered him out loud as he grabbed the treasure from Minyoung.

"We will trust you with the treasure." He told Seyeon as he handed it over to her.

"Okay. Thank you so much. My father will be very happy. Seriously." Seyeon happily said.

"As for the fee..." Jaesuk started saying.

"Oh, the fee." Seyeon mentioned.

"If you transfer the money to me..." Jongmin told her.

"Freeze." Somebody suddenly said and the group turned to see the palace supervisor from earlier, holding a gun that was pointed at them.

"What?"

"My goodness."

"What is going on?" The detectives exclaimed as they moved away from the man.

"Freeze. Everybody, freeze." The man repeated.

"Hands up! Do you think I am joking?" He ordered the group.

"Hold on. Do you?" Jaesuk tried to say but the man paid him no heed.

"Thank you for finding the Odd Eye in my stead. You should come with me." The man told Seyeon.

"Hold on." Jaesuk tried to tell him.

"No." Seyeon told the man.

"The Phantom Thief..." Jaesuk called out to him.

"Did you just call me the Phantom Thief? I am grateful, but... Mr. Phantom Thief, come here." The man called someone on the detective's side.

"What?" Jaesuk wondered out loud as Sungjae stepped forward and dragged Jaesuk along with him.

"What?" Sounds of disbelief came from the other detectives.

"Hey!" Jaesuk cried out as Sungjae pulled him along and pointed a gun at him.

"Aren't you going to come with me?" Sungjae asked Jaesuk.

"I got goosebumps." Jaewook cried out as Sungjae shushed the group.

"You play really dirty." Jaesuk told him.

"But it worked, right?" The palace supervisor was the one who answered him as he tied Jaesuk's hands together.

"If you move, I will put a hole in your head." He threatened Jaesuk.

"I knew I should have trusted my gut when one of the first things he said was that he wasn't anyone suspicious." Sunmi muttered angrily as she watched what was going on.

"Once I get the Odd Eye out of this box, I will return the hostages safely. Also, I had a lot of fun albeit for a short time." Sungjae told them as he started moving forward, pushing Jaesuk to move as well with a gun to his back.

"Would you make way?" He asked the other detectives to move aside and no one did anything because they were afraid the hostages would be shot.

"Seyeon-ssi, hang in there." Jongmin told the woman. Sunmi moved fast, she knew she only had one shot. She activated the tracker on the ring she was wearing and slowly moved aside, brushing past Jaesuk so she could slip it into his coat pocket.

"If you follow us, we can't guarantee the lives of the hostages." Sungjae threatened the team.

"That's right." The palace supervisor seconded.

"Seyeon-ssi, hang in there." Jongmin once again said.

"Jaesuk-oppa, don't worry. We'll get you back." Sunmi called out , as Sungjae and the group walked away with the hostages.

"Why are you taking me?" She could hear Jaesuk asking Sungjae before they were out of earshot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter