sweet sprinkles & open wounds

Inescapable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The morning came and Minjeong saw how Minjae was clutching onto her teddy bear called Minmin. How ironic that it was also her mother's pet name from Minjeong.

 

Minmin. My Minmin.

 

Minjeong stared at her for a few minutes. Her angel. Her god-sent gift. Her miracle.

 

Minjeong gave a kiss on the child's forehead and did her usual morning routine. She wanted her daughter to get extra sleep because Minjae needed energy because they have a long day ahead of them.

 

It would be Minjeong’s last free weekend before going to her new job and wanted to spend her time wisely with her kid. She was thinking that she would never be able to get a chance to spend more time with Minjae due to her hectic and busy work schedule.

 

Being involved in one of the hottest and most famous fashion brands in the world was really something. Yu J. Fashion or better known as Y.J Fashion, there are so many Yu J in the world, right? 

 

Minjeong had hoped it was not the Yu J that she knew.

 

Wearing a comfortable oversized hoodie, Minjeong went downstairs to go to the kitchen, giggling slightly when memories came flashing through her mind.

 

Through the years, she barely managed to learn how to cook for her child. Asked all of her friends and they knew that Minjeong could burn the house down because they knew she couldn't cook for dear life.

 

Being a daughter of a great chef, Minjeong was spoon-fed with scrumptious food that the woman never set foot in the kitchen. 

 

There was one time that Minjeong nearly set their apartment on fire. She was boiling the pasta and forgot about it. The landlady forbade her to use the kitchen anymore and lived her life with fast food takeouts until she moved out. 

 

What a shame being the daughter of a chef.

 

Minjeong came up with the idea of cooking something easy. She prepared some chocolate milk and unicorn-shaped pancakes for Minjae, which are her favorites.

 

After putting out some sprinkles, chocolate syrup, and some whipped cream, Minjeong would let her child design her own pancakes. 

 

Minjeong marched to her daughter’s room, hugging Minjae from behind and softly waking her up. She softly caressed her daughter’s cheeks and placed kisses all over her face. 

 

"Baby, wake up." 

 

Minjae just hummed and scrunched her nose which was the most adorable thing.

 

"Okay, I'm just gonna eat ALL the pancakes and drink ALL the choco milk," Minjeong said while emphasizing the word all because that would make her up.

 

And she’s right. Minjae just bolted out from her grasp and looked at her mother as if she'd grown two heads.

 

"I'm up. I'm up. Just don't eat all of my favorites," Minjae pouted while rubbing her eyes. 

 

It was quite a scene that Minjeong will never get tired of witnessing.

 

"Good morning, baby! Let's eat breakfast, shall we?"

 

Minjae climbed into her mother’s arms and carefully, Minjeong picked her up, placing her head in the crook of her neck. 

 

Minjeong wrapped her arms tightly around her tiny body, pulling Minjae closer to her body and sharing each other’s warmth.

 

Minjeong placed her daughter on her high chair and saw how her eyes glistened with excitement as she saw the food in front of her.

 

The little girl quickly devoured her food. Yes, devoured. She has a big appetite like her.

 

"Mommy, say ahh," Minjae said while offering her mother a piece of her pancake. Minjeong opened but her child withdrew her hand and ate it before she could.

 

What a playful child.

 

The older brunette made a face and frowned at her daughter. Minjae quickly noticed it and hurriedly offered her mother another piece but she was ignored.

 

Yeah, this big baby needs affection too. Yah! I could also not act like my age sometimes.

 

We're always a kid at heart hidden in a façade of being a responsible adults.

 

"Mommy, I'm sorry."

 

Minjae held her mommy’s face to look at her eyes. She was wearing her pouty lips, making her cheeks fluffier. 

 

Minjeong pecked her lips and kissed her cheek. Minjae scrunched her nose and let out a hearty giggle. 

 

"I was just joking baby. Come on and hurry up! We're going to the park today!"

 

With such enthusiasm, she finished her food and dragged her to the bathroom. Minjeong prepared the bath for her. Minjae likes her bath to have many bubbles and to make her happy, she made the bath just the way she likes it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter