blissful reconcilement & blue suit

Inescapable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is already morning huh?

 

Minjeong cradled Minjae all night as the kid slept peacefully in her mother's arms, but Minjeong was unable to sleep with the thoughts of the events to come.

 

The woman was about to make a new start but it seems that it's all coming back to where it started. 

 

I couldn't really escape from her, could I? 

 

She really couldn't escape from Jimin. The brunette always thought that the world is a big place but as of right now, fate, destiny whoever godly being is out there is certainly playing tricks with her.

 

"Baby girl," The elder whispered lovingly to her daughter in an effort to wake her up.

 

"Minjae, wake up, we need to start early. We got a lot of things going in today." She then planted a kiss on her daughter's cheek and picked her up as Minjeong sat down, still cradling her daughter's small frame in her arms. Minjae got this nice pool of drool on the side of the mouth that made Minjeong giggle as she wiped it off.

 

The small girl twitched in her arms a little bit but didn't budge. Minjeong uttered her name one more time a little louder this time. Minjae slowly opened her eyes and her little hands rubbed them gently.

 

"I'm still tired, mommy," Minjae said while pouting. She fully opened her eyes and met her mother's orbs. She kissed Minjeong's cheeks multiple times while letting out cute giggles from her pouty lips.

 

"It's mommy's first day on her job and you should be excited too!" Minjeong said with excitement. Minjae just stared at her confused and asked, "Why should I be, mommy?"

 

"It's going to be your first day in a preschool, baby. You are going to meet new people and make friends, don't you want that?" The woman explained to her and suddenly energy ran through Minjae's veins like a flash and she was on her feet.

 

"Come on, mommy! I don't want to be late." Minjeong just chuckled at the enthusiasm of her 5-year-old daughter. She never saw someone being hyped up about going to school. 

 

Who would want to go to school, anyway?

 

Walking through the still unfamiliar house, Minjeong went to the kitchen to cook the usual breakfast that both of them liked while Minjae was taking her bath. It was a good thing that Minjae could do it herself, they were saving so much time. Even though Minjae was just five, she was really independent in this kind of thing, her hygiene is really important to her.

 

As Minjeong cooked the last scoop of the pancake batter, she saw Minjae running with her hair still disheveled, "Minjae! No running inside the house." The girl stopped and Minjeong saw what she was wearing, an Anna outfit from the movie called Frozen. It was the child’s favorite thing to wear, after wearing it for Minjeong's former company's Halloween Party, she was fond of wearing it every now and then.

 

"Minjae, what are you doing?" The older girl chuckled at her daughter, and the kid just sheepishly grinned and replied, "I'm thrilled and ready for school, mommy."

 

"Not yet, baby. You can't go to school like that." Minjeong said as she was just teasing her daughter. Minjae can wear whatever she wants for school, though. It was completely adorable how the moment was wavering in front of Minjeong. The glimmering in Minjae's eyes suddenly disappeared and was placed by unshed tears and she began to frown, "but why?"

 

Minjeong thought she may have gone too far. Enough with the teasing, she replied, "It's your hair! I haven't braided your hair like Anna!" and with that, a wide smile spread on her cute chubby face.

 

After braiding her hair into the specific hairstyle that she wanted, the both of them decided to eat their breakfast. Minjeong was occasionally humming in appreciation at the scrumptious taste of a pancake while listening to the excited jabbers of her 5-year-old daughter on how she was going to spend her day in the school. Their moment was cut off when the sound of her phone ringing was heard.

 

"Hello? Is this Kim Minjeong?" a soft-spoken voice was heard on the other side of the line, however, it was quite familiar to the brunette.

 

"Yes, indeed I am Kim Minjeong. Do you mind if I ask whom I am talking to?" There was a pause, Minjeong then heard a sigh before answering her question.

 

"I am Ning Yizhuo, the secretary of COO of K.J Fashion. I am calling to inform you that a designated driver will pick you up at exactly 7:30 a.m," she answered with a professional voice, still soft-spoken.

 

"Ningn?-"

 

Not giving Minjeong a chance to speak, she ended the call. It was a small world after all.

 

That was the reason why her voice was familiar.

 

Ningning was a good friend of Minjeong. Ning Yizhuo, Ningning, her nickname, was her best friend who understood her situation when she had Minjae. She was the one who helped Minjeong when she was pregnant. 

 

Ningning was her dorm mate when they were at Seoul National University. She was a business major while Minjeong was an art major. She was the girl who really loved to drink whiskey and attend parties. Well, they were best buddies but they lost touch after they graduated. 

 

Minjeong never shared her real name to Ningning and went with an alias which was Winter. It was a name she came up with when she was guarding herself from other people. Ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter