two lines & brief explanations

Inescapable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong gazed intently at her daughter who was now in a peaceful slumber, probably playing in her own dreamland. Still, running her hand through the brunette's hair of hers, contemplating if Minjeong should've told Minjae the truth when she asked who the stranger really was.

 

She's Yu Jimin. The freaking YU JIMIN. The sole heiress of Yu Industries, a very well-known K-pop idol, and one of the world’s most influential fashion icons.

 

The last thing Winter heard about her was that she became Korea's IT girl and the most sought bachelorette in the country. She was also appointed as the CEO of one of the subsidiaries company under Yu industries but Minjeong didn't bother to know what her company name was.

 

Jimin is now successful and continuously living her dream while there is Minjeong, in a foreign land, stuck and getting used to the new place with her daughter.

 

Before all of that spotlight, Jimin was receiving,

Jimin was Minjeong's Minmin.

Minjeong's best friend,

Minjeong's better half.

 

Minjeong and Jimin first met when they were young. Minjeong never thought they were going to meet each other again but luck was on her side when she saw Jimin in elementary school when her family moved to Seoul for good.

 

The joy that Minjeong felt seeing Jimin was indescribable. Being from the countryside, it was hard for her to make friends because of her satoori accent. 

 

Then there was Jimin.

 

Jimin was patient enough to talk to her and made her lose her accent.

 

There was an anxious feeling that succumbed Minjeong's whole body. It was her first day at SM Academy, and after her father dropped her off, she didn't know where to go. There were students scattered near the gate, some were going to their cliques and some were talking with each other while here she was, alone and with no one to talk to.

 

It was then she felt someone poking her; then there she was, standing in front of Minjeong wearing the gummy smile that Minjeong really adores. It was Yu Jimin, but it was a different version of her.

 

Minjeong was in a daze because she was seeing right now, she was not seeing the meek and shy Jimin but the opposite of it. Jimin has this aura that she was emitting, a dominating aura to be exact.

 

"It was nice to see you again, Minjeong!"

 

Her voice was so soothing even though she said it out loud. Minjeong stood there, mouth still hanging, and couldn't believe that her puppy love was in front of her. She just couldn't believe it.

 

"Uhm, Jeongie?" Jimin asked inquisitively. It was the time that Minjeong broke her thoughts and answered.

 

"Jeongie?"

 

It was dumb, Minjeong knew but who wouldn't when a cute girl was in front of you? Her mind was hazy, still not believing the fact that in one out of 21 international primary schools in Korea, she got to be in Jimin's school.

 

"It's my nickname for you, from now on, you'll be my Jeongie,"

 

"Then, you'll be my Minmin!"

 

They spent years with each other and they became close, closer than everyone would have thought.

 

Years passed and Minjeong went through the phase where she was bullied for being her introverted self and for being friends with Jimin.

 

Jimin became popular and as her best friend, many were envious of Minjeong. Envious that Minjeong got to spend time with the great Yu Jimin.

 

Jimin protected Minjeong from her bullies, she was always there to stand up for the younger girl. She became Minjeong's knight in shining armor and Minjeong became her kryptonite.

 

"Don't listen to them, Minjeong. So what if you're introverted? Their opinion shouldn't matter to you. Just listen to the opinion of those people who love you, the others are all irrelevant. You taught me that, remember?"

 

She said while wiping away Minjeong's tears, it was that time when Minjeong broke down when a girl who likes Jimin told Minjeong to stay away from Jimin.

 

It was not a secret anymore to the school that Yu Jimin has extra parts.

 

The 'bad girl' or the 'rebel girl' being best friends with the loser of the school made Minjeong a target. But Jimin was there, always there to protect Minjeong.

 

Then the most memorable happened for Jimin and Minjeong. A moment that they both treasured.

 

It was the last year of high school, prom to be exact when popular Yu Jimin asked Minjeong the Nerd to be her girlfriend. It wasn't a shocker, because the school knew how Jimin was whipped for Minjeong.

 

"Minjeong, we've been together for years being best friends and as time passes by I couldn't help but fall in love with you. You may not notice but it was you who only look like you were the most precious thing in the world to me. I hate to say that I fell in love with your nerdy blabbers, I fell in love with your cold but caring acts, it was not just not the reasons but it would take me years to go through them all. I love you, Minjeong. Will you make me the happiest girl and say yes to being my girlfriend?"

 

Minjeong nodded and Jimin kissed her in front of the whole school. It was magical. They shared their first kiss under the man-made moon, while Elvis Presley’s Can't Help Falling In Love was blasting off the speakers.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter