reunited friends & choco mint ice creams

Inescapable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ningning was just walking out of the conference room after the meeting of the potential business investors with Aeri when she saw a woman running passed by her. She immediately knew who it was, her best friend was running while tears were cascading down her face.

 

With confusion, the red-haired woman tailed behind the running brunette. The said woman was a mess and it took a toll to see her like that and with that, she knew that she needed to comfort her best friend.

 

All of her life she’s known Minjeong as Winter, her name similar to how the older girl treated her at first, Winter was cold as ice but due to the bubbly nature of Ningning, she melted the ice queen’s heart. 

 

She was still visibly upset since Winter did not even tell her real name. It stings a bit when she remembers that but Minjeong needs someone right now.

 

There was an ache in her heart to see her best friend in that kind of situation. Ningning looked at her as guilt slowly kicked into her body. She has the means to communicate with Winter, only if she looked hard enough. She was also at fault for their falling out. After years without communication, she missed the dorky woman and her child.

 

Ningning knew about Minjae, she was there when Minjeong was pregnant. She was the one who helped Minjeong with her pregnancy. She was there for Minjeong and nothing would change after all these years.

 

It was Minjeong's first time at Seoul National University and to say that she was lost was an understatement. She didn't know where to go as she was not good with directions. After getting kicked out of her house, she decided to find a dorm inside the campus for convenience. She had saved enough money during her high school years from the allowance she got from her parents.

 

Unfortunately, she stumbled into a girl her age, knocking her off to the ground. A nervous feeling stuck inside her, thinking that the bump would hurt the human inside of her. She looked at her legs to see if she was bleeding, and thank God she was not. It was her first trimester and due to her young age, her ovary was not yet matured and complications could happen anytime.

 

"Are you okay?" The red-haired asked, also getting nervous seeing the other girl panicked a little bit.

 

Minjeong couldn't help but tear up a little, her emotions were all over the place because of her pregnancy hormones. She just nodded and accepted the hand that was waiting for her to be picked so that the red-haired could help herself up.

 

It was the start of something new. A friendship blossomed between them and Ningning was there for Minjeong, always. From the weird cravings and morning sickness until Minjeong gave birth to Minjae, Ningning was there. Their platonic friendship was like no other.

 

 

After melting the cold facade that Minjeong built, Ningning knew that Minjeong was always expressive. She's the girl who put her heart up on her sleeves. You could always tell if something was wrong or right based on her facial expression. Seeing Minjeong’s reaction when she saw Jimin earlier, she knew that she found the missing piece in Jimin's life. Now it all makes sense. Ningning knew from Aeri that someone already has Jimin's heart. She didn't know that Jimin's Minjeong is also the Minjeong that she knew (well she technically didn’t because she knows Minjeong as Winter)

 

Ningning tugged Minjeong's left arm and brought her into a hug as she started to sob loudly. She definitely missed this feeling. She has always wanted to have a sister and Minjeong was the perfect candida

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter