new faces & unfamiliar places

Inescapable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The plane ride was extremely long but the mother and daughter managed to catch up on some sleep. Minjae, a five-year-old kid was sleeping soundly when they were on the flight which made her mother very thankful because that meant that she wouldn't have to entertain her daughter and could get some sleep too.

 

The mother was pondering the life that they left in Korea. She left her dream job which was being a photographer in a magazine company to start a new life in a foreign country.

 

The brunettes landed in Paris an hour ago and were now inside a cozy house in Trocadéro, a place close to the most emblematic monument of Paris which was the famous Eiffel Tower. The woman bought the residence a few weeks ago from all the money that she saved from her previous job.

 

The woman always had a passion for photography and that was the reason why they came here. The brunette had been personally asked by the COO of Y.J Fashion to be their photographer. Basically, it was a Korean-based fashion label that dominated the whole world bigger than Givenchy and Chanel which were their sister companies. It was the first and only Korean fashion label that managed to be on top of the fashion world.

 

The woman looked at Minjae who was sitting on her lap, head resting on her shoulder, sleeping. This girl was definitely a sleepyhead that really likes her sleep.

 

The mother then put her daughter to her bed and tucked her in. She then unpacked their luggage into their respective cabinets. The boxes were still scattered in the living room, the evidence that it was all real. That they were going to live here.

 

After cleaning all the mess from their new residence, the woman heard some ruckus coming from Minjae's room. The kid was already awake, she was clutching her favorite teddy bear with her.

 

"Baby girl, you're finally awake!" The older brunette quickly went to her daughter's bed. She was lying next to Minjae, and then the kid climbed on top of her mommy, her head resting on the crook of her mother's neck. Minjae's right hand was playing with her mother's brown locks, the other one, hugging the mother tightly.

 

"My stomach was making noises and it woke me up and now I cannot sleep anymore." She looked at her mother guiltily, not knowing that she should not feel like that at all. "I'm sorry because I stopped you from doing some things."

 

"Oh no, it was okay and it was about time that you woke up. Do you want to eat outside or we'll just cook?" The mother poked her nose, causing her to scrunch her whole face adorably.

 

This interaction is what keeps me going, the mother thought.

 

"I want pizza for lunch, please." The kid said then pouted highlighting her puffy cheeks— her mandu cheeks.

 

"If that's what you want princess, the slave should obey." The child at heart said as she picked her daughter up, giggling softly as they shared some inside joke between them.

 

"No, you're not a slave! You're a queen, and I'm your princess." The five-year-old kid firmly mumbled then kissed her mother's cheek a few times.

 

Getting her phone, the older brunette ordered a pizza, a Hawaiian pizza, because pineapple does go well on pizza. Her personal favorite and Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter