Morning Texts

Happy Accident

A/N - Moonsun subunit let's goooooooo AUG 30 can't come fast enough!! the teaser pic is giving me honeymoon phase jock/cheerleader romantic summer road trip vibe.


 

When Yongsun woke up, it was already late morning.  First thing she does, of course, is check her phone.  She immediately brightened up seeing a text from Byulyi.

 

Hi Unnie!  Thanks again for letting me crash last night :) 

I made some breakfast for you and your sister! 

Beef soup and steamed tofu!  It’s on the kitchen table
Hope you like it!!! 

I meet your sister this morning, she’s cool.

 

Oh no.  Yongsun groaned upon seeing that text.  Byulyi meet Yonghee?  Oh god.  She hopes Yonghee wasn’t too crazy. Or did anything embarrassing.  Sighing, she continued reading the texts.

 

I’m have practice now

Let me know when you try breakfast!

If it’s cold by the time you wake up, just microwave it for a bit

No need to restove it

I’ll talk to you later? 

Thanks again unnie!!

 

Whatever my sister said, don't trust her

Really

She comes off nice but no, she’s a menace

And sorry i didn't mean to have you meet her so unprepared

Also hello! 

Thanks for breakfast, you really didn’t have to

I just woke up, i’ll text after i try some 

But i’m sure it tastes amazing :) 

 

With that, Yongsun opens up her sister’s text messages.

 

YAAAAHHH 

You didn’t tell me you know Moon Byulyi?? 

I almost die seeing her in the kitchen! 

How long have you known her??

I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS 

HOLY FFF 

SHE LOOKS DELICIOUS

SHE SMELL GOOD TOO 

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING HER

Good lord this girl can cook

I’m taking some to lunch.

Please bring her over more often 

 

YOU’RE SO CREEPY

YOU SMELLED HER?!?!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? 

 

Yongsun texts back, frustrated at her sister.  She decided to just get up and enjoy the breakfast Byulyi cook them.  She hopes her sister saved a lot for her.

 

After washing up, she went to the kitchen and see her sister saved her enough for maybe 2 spoon of soup with a tiny piece of meat, and a corner of a tofu.

 

YAAH 

WHAT AM I A RABBIT? 

How can you save only this much for me?


 

She took a picture, and literally ate it all in one spoon, then sent the sad image to Byulyi as well, 

 

:( 

my sister took 99% of it with her to work

She loves it

But the very little she left for me

I really like!!! 

You’re a really good cook! 

 

She placed her phone down to wash the dishes, but then her phone pings with a new message notification.  She all but dive to the table, thinking it’s Byul, but nope, it’s only her sister.

 

It’s really good! 

And aren’t you on a diet? 

I’m just trying to be a good sister!

Some sister you are…

 

You’re annoying

And mean 

 

As Yongsun was aggressively typing her new message to her sister, Byulyi texted back, brining a huge smile to her face, making her forget all about her sister.

 

LOL that’s totally a big sister action

I do the same to my younger siblings 

 

Oh you’re the mean one too huh 

 

It’s literally written law that siblings have to do this

You’re telling me youve never?

 

…..

Moving on! 

 

Hahahah 

Don’t worry unnie

I’ll cook something else just for you 

 

Yongsun face broke out into a grin at that. Partially because ha, take that Yonghee!  But also because it means Byul want to spend more time with her. 

 

Aw thanks! 

You’re the best! 

But gotta make sure it’s a day my unnie is not home

I dont want her to steal my food again 

 

Hahah for sure!

You can come over to my place?

Have to be after i’m back though

I barely have time these days

 

Oh yeah, she’s currently practicing.  Yongsun forgot.  

 

I’ll take you up on that Byulyi

Also how’s practice so far
You’ve had lunch yet? 

 

They been texting back and forth pretty much without pause, so Yongsun was a bit sad that after a minute, Byulyi didn’t reply, but she figure she must be busy with practice.  Afterall, pretty much all of Korea, and the world even, is expecting her to win.  That gotta be lots of pressure.  

 

The singer turns back to her task that she abandon earlier, however, mid-way through, her phone rang, a very generic ringtone, so that means it’s someone she doesn’t know, since all her close people have personal ringtone.

 

Oh, it’s Byulyi.  She made a mental note to set a personal ringtone for the new contact.

 

‘Hello?’

 

‘Hey Unnie! Sorry i went to get some food.  Is it -  do you mind if i’m eating while on the phone with you?’

 

‘What? No of course not!’ Yongsun reply a bit incredulous a she dry her hands and got comfortable on the sofa.  

 

‘Oh okay because some people don't like the sound of chewing.  I’m eating chicken wrap so i can’t use my hand.’

 

‘Oh god chicken,” Yongsun made a gross face, she’s totally over eating chicken when on diets.

 

‘Yeah why do chicken exist? I’ll rather they go back to them being giant dinosaurs.’

 

Yongsun laughs before setting up hypothetical questions, such as “what if the dinosaurs want to be chickens?” and “what if they don't want to be big anymore?”

 

Before she knows it, her and Byulyi are throwing each other stupid answers and asking really out there random questions, that got her laughing and in tears.

 

“ - then i’ll go kaboom and then the pigs start flying!”

 

*insert Yongsun dolphin laughter*

 

“But then it’ll just start falling on people’s head - “

 

*insert more hysterical Yongsun dolphin laughter*

 

‘And then - ‘

 

‘Omg Byul-ah -  stop -  i cant - hahaha - can’t breath - hahah’

 

Byul finally relent, letting her unnie calm down.

 

‘Ahha ha ha … oh god too much my stomach hurts.’

 

Yongsun breath out, tired from laughing too much, ‘jesus Byulyi, you ever thought of being a comedian?’

 

‘I’m not that funny,’

 

‘You literally had me on the floor crying’

 

‘I like hearing you laugh.’

 

She said that so nonchalantly, as if she’s talking about the weather. Yongsun can even hear her taking a bit and calming chewing her food.  But for Yongsun, that comment settles into her chest, warm and beautiful, and made itself home there.

 

‘Unnie?’

 

‘Huh?  Oh sorry - i’m trying to breathe, too much laughing. What did you say?’

 

‘Saying bye…” Byulyi answer back, sadness in her voice, ‘have to go back in now…’

 

Yongsun also feel sadness, she was having too much fun talking with byulyi on the phone, she doesn’t want it to send yet.  

 

‘Must you?’

 

‘...yeah.  I’ll text you after?’ 

 

‘You better!  Actually, call me.’

 

‘Okay!’

 

‘Okay - have fun at practice! Hwaiting! Score some goals!’

 

‘Hahah unnie this is golf there’s no goals here.’

 

‘Well - you know what i mean!’

 

‘I actually dont,’ the younger girl tease, ‘what golf do you play, i want to know?’

 

‘Yah!  Go back to practice!’

 

‘Hahahha okay okay bye unnie~” Byulyi voice went up a few octave, into a childlike voice, before hanging up.

 

The singer laid down on the couch, holding her phone, a wide smile on her face.  They literally just met and yet, she feels so connected to the golfer.  It should scare her, this instant connection, but it doesn’t.  It feels…right.  Oh god, she’s turning into a sap. If only her sister can see her know. 

 

She was rudely shock out of her thoughts upon the banging on her door.

 

“Wheein?”

 

“UNNIE OPEN UP!” 

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Wheein storm into her house, barely kicking off her shoes in the process.  

 

“I should be asking that!”

 

“I…live here?”

 

“No!”  Wheein got up close, right in her face, “what was Moon Byulyi doing leaving your place so early in the morning??”

 

Yongsun froze, “it - it’s not what you're thinking!”

 

Wheein arch an unamused eyebrow, “what am i thinking then?”

 

“Not that Wheein-ah! Can you -okay -  Just  - relax, sit down, i’ll explain everything.”

 

Luckily, Wheein listen to her unnie and sat down on the couch, but making sure her eyes never stray from her unnie.

 

“How did you know?” 

 

“Yah! Unnie - don't change the topic!”

 

“But i do want to know,”  the older girl reply while sitting down next to her friend. 

 

“You tell me first.”  

 

Wheein is really not budging. 

 

Yongsun sigh, well, guess she have to start.

 

“Well - it was yesterday …” 

 

She told Wheein the full story, including how her sister STOLE her food, all the way to when they hung u the phone.  By the time she was done, Wheein can only stare at her in shock.

 

“What?”

 

“Wheein?”

 

“Say something?” 

 

Yongsun wave a hand in front of the younger’s one face, but she only continue to stare at her. 

 

Shaking her head, Yongsun went to do other things, knowing that Wheein can something got way into her head.  

 

She was just scoping some ice cream for herself when Wheein jumped onto her back, “WHEN’S THE WEDDING?”

 

“AAAH”  she scream as she drop her scoop of icecream, trying to stabilize herself from the forward .  

 

“Wedding?”  Wheein ask from her back, clinging to her like a koala.

 

“WE BARELY MET!   Whee-ah get off me i need to wipe this.” 

 

WIth a pout, she got off her unnie, mutter to herself, “fine i’ll call Hyejinie”

 

“What?”  Yongsun all but abandon her quest to clean up, “You know Hyejin?”

 

“Yeah, we meet the other day,” she answered but she was focus on finding her phone.

 

“Wait - what?”

 

Yongsun same up to her and grab her hand, “Wheein-ah, what?? Tell me everything!” 

 

So the Younger girl did, from how Hyejin reached out to Wheein after the judging shooting, and how they quickly became friends upon realizing that not only are they the same age, but also grew up in the same city.  

 

Wheein also told Yongsun about their plot to get their unnies to talk to each other, “but I guess we can abandon that huh?  You and Byulyi are already 10 steps ahead”  Wheein ended the story with a smirk.

 

Yongsun threw a pillow at her.