Salad

Happy Accident

Whatcha doing today? 

 

That was the text Yongsun woke up to.  They both been busy since the dinner night, with Yongsun filming and working on her music, and Byulyi attending a bunch of shows to celebrate her win, so they haven't been able to meet up.  They still text everyday though, whenever they can, in between different takes and such.

 

Byul has refrained from sending more arcade trucks, but she’ll still order a bunch of food and send them to wherever Solar happen to be that day.  It has gotten to the point where every time a delivery person come, everyone on set assume it’s for her.  The amount of teasing she have to put up with, but Byulyi is relentless, insisting she eat.  

 

Studio today, all day 

 

Nice!  I can’t wait for more music from you!

Food later?

 

If I say no, will you listen?

 

Nope! 

You need to eat unnie! 

 

why bother asking then lol 

And i do eat! 

 

Im raised to be polite

What do you want today? 

 

:p 

Salad

 

Ew wtf 

 

It’s healthy! 

Besides i’m a bit tired of oily restaurant food 

 

Gross 

I hate salad

Disgusting 

Torture food 

 

LOL you baby 

What are you doing today? 

 

Hanging with Hyejin 

Then meeting Yonghee-unnie

 

Yongsun made a face at that.  Byul has been meeting with her sister quite a lot lately.  It’s weird how easy they get along. 

 

Again?

 

I’m helping her with something
I should go before Hyejin get mad

I’ll text later! 

 

Kk have fun!

 

Yongsun got up and quickly wash before heading to the studio.  She’s been very inspire lately since meeting Byulyi, and the speed at which she been writing and recording songs is proof.  At this rate, her new album will be out within the month.  While her agency is very happy about it, her main team of producers been jokingly complaining that she’s leaving them with no work.  

 

“Yongsun, good morning!  How many more love songs will you sing today?”  One of her producer greeted her as she walks in.

 

“Oppa come on, i just want to finish the album early!” Yongsun whine at the tease. 

 

“Uh huh sure sure.  So what are we having for lunch today hm? Tell your mysterious lover I’m craving some hot pot.”

 

“Not my lover!”

 

“Yet.” 

 

“I - “ Yongsun hesitate, causing her producer to pounce. 

 

“OH?!? What’s this?? OMO this is album for them? Is this a serenading album?”

 

“oh my god oppa! Stop smiling like that it's creepy! This album is for my fans! Okay?  FANS that i LOVE!”  Yongsun tries to move on, hurrying into the recording booth and busying herself with fixing the mic position.

 

Her producer only shook his head in amusement.  He really want to know who this person is that got Yongsun like this.  And also, to thank them for the free food he’s been getting.  But for now, he drop the topic and focus on the recording.

 

On the other side of town, Byulyi is hanging out with Hyejin.  By hanging out, i mean she’s being teased.  

 

“Jin-ah, shut up before I ruin your food” Byulyi warns from her position in the kitchen, frying some meat for Hyejin.

 

“You wouldn't dare unnie~” 

 

“Why am i here…” 

 

“I know right?  Isn’t there somewhere else you'd rather be?  Or, should i say someONE?” Hyejin continue to tease.  She’s sitting on the kitchen counter nibbling on a bag of chips, as she made it her personal mission to annoy Byulyi while the golfer cooks.

 

“Yeah honestly, i’ll take my annoying cousin over you.”

 

“Yah!  That’s mean unnie,” Hyejin pout before shifting topic, kind of, “how’s the surprise going?”

 

“It’s going,”

 

“Need help?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“What if Yongsun unnie gets mad that you’re spending too much time with her sister?” 

 

“She won't.” 

 

Hyejin arch her eyebrow at the absolute certainly in Byul’s answer, “I dont know unnie, i would be pretty jealous.” 

 

“Thank god she’s not you.  I can only handle one of you.”

 

“Yah!”  Hyejin threw some chips at Byulyi back, “I’m amazing you want more of me!”

 

“No thank you, where can i return?”

 

“You’re being mean, i’m telling Yongsun unnie.”

 

“You don't even have her number.”

 

“You sure about that?”

 

Byulyi froze then slowly turn towards Hyejin, she’s smiling innocently. 

 

The older girl narrows her eyes, “You do not.”

 

Hyejin shrug while her smile got bigger.

 

“HOW?!”

 

“Why?  You jealous?”

 

Byul scoff before turning back to her pan, “As if.”

 

“Aw unnie,”  Hyejin jumps off the counter and hug her unnie from behind, “Don’t worry, you’re still my favorite.”

 

“Yah..”

 

“I’ll be sure to tell Yongsun-unnie that she’ll never be number one to me.”

 

“I am not jealous.”

 

“Hm mh okay Unnie but don't worry, you’re my number one.”

 

“Gross. Get off me you leech.”

 

“Noooo”  if anything Hyejin squeeze harder, hugging her tighter, “Once you and Yongsun get together, I won't be able to do this anymore.”

 

Byul sigh, not dignifying a response to that, and just letting Hyejin rest on her back as she refocus on cooking.  As much as she pretends to be annoy, she is very thankful to Hyejin for helping her with the arcade truck, so she wants to repay her friend with really good food.  

 

Once she finish cooking, she left to go to meet with Yonghee.  

 

Around noon, Yongsun receive a phone call from the receptionist, that she have delivery on the way.  She smile thinking it’s Byul (who else would it be?).

 

“Lunch?” her producer asked.

 

“Maybe…”

 

The door opens and the delivery person walks in, dragging a wagon of food with them, before bowing and leaving.

 

“Uh…?”  

 

Yongsun is pretty confused, this looks like grocery.  She’s pretty sure she didn’t order groceries.

 

Looking through the bags, it’s just a bunch of lettuce and cabbages, with other veggies, pre-diced for them, and a few bottle of different salad dressing.

 

“Oh my god…”

 

“What?” Her producer asks, as she rummage through the bags, looking very confused.

 

“I said i wanted salad today.”

 

“So your lover gave you a market instead?”

 

“Not my lover and i don't know…just…hold on.”

 

Yongsun pulls out her phone.  Taking a picture of the wagon of grocery, she sent it to Byul.

 

I’m confused? 

 

Within a few seconds, Byul replied

 

Why? You wanted salad right?

 

Yeah but this is just groceries

 

So you can make your own salad!

You’re welcome! 

 

>.< 

 

She turns to her producer, “We’re making our own salad.”

 

“Huh, okay…” 

 

Salad is gross

Too healthy

Ugh 

I refuse to buy salad

So got you a bunch of ingredients instead

You heathen

 

It’s not gross! 

It’s very refreshing and delicious! 

 

Ewwww

I really dont get you unnie

 

You should eat some :) 

 

Nope

 

I’ll make some for you

 

I rather starve 

 

:(

I make some for you

And you will eat 

 

Noooo

No eating greens

Gross

 

Aren’t you the ambassador for healthy eating?

What would the people say huh?

 

Say miss LG amabssador

Who dont have a single LG product

 

Not my fault they  

 

LOL 

Same with salad

 

You’re an athlete

 

So? 

Welp yous sister is calling me

Talk later unnie~ 

 

Annoy her for me

Thanks :) 

 

Yongsun put her phone away and turn back to the bags of veggies and lettuces.  Suddenly, an idea strike her. With a wicked grin, she proceed to make two bowls of salad, before putting one away in the refrigerator.

 

Her producer coo at her, “aaawww saving one for your lover~ how cuuuttee~”

 

She laugh, knowing Byulyi would hate it.

 

Are you at my place? 

 

She texted, but knowing it’ll take some time for her to reply, so she turn her attention to her food, before long, she’s back in the recording booth again.

 

It was later in the afternoon, when her voice is tired, that she decided to call it a day.

 

Upon checking her phone, she smiles seeing Byul’s reply.

 

Yeah

When are you done? 

 

I’m done now 

Are you still there?

 

I’m just about to leave

 

Did you eat yet? 

Stay there, i’ll be home soon 

 

Not yet
And Yonghee unnie is gonna leave soon

 

Who cares about her

Stay there wait for me
Dont eat yet

 

Feels kinda awkward staying at your place without you two here

 

It’s fine Byul

Stay there okay?

Driving home now 

 

Okay if you say so

See you soon :) 

 

Yongsun drove home, excited to extract some revenge.

 

She parked the car, grab her bag, and rush up to her apartment.

 

“I’m HOME!”  She yells as she got in, kicking off her shoes to the side.

 

Byulyi, who was laying on the floor, sat up, “Finally!  I’m hungry!” 

 

“Good thing I have food!  Come here,” she beckon as she heads to the kitchen.

 

“What ya get??” Byul asks while leaning over Yongsun’s shoulder as she start to take her stuff out of the bag.

 

“Be patience, go sit down.”

 

“Aw okay..” 

 

Yongsun kept taking out things from her bag but the Salad bowl is not there.  “Shii where is it?”

 

“Unnniiieeee I have hunger~”

 

Yongsun dump everything out, flipping her bag upside down, but still no salad bowl.

 

“Wait here, it must be in my car!”

 

Yongsun rush out to her car.  Then she rampage through, from the front seat to the back seats, looking even under the seat and in the cup holder for some reason.

 

But still no salad bowl.

 

Yongsun sign before trudging back up.

 

“Food?”  Byulyi perk up when Yongsun returns.

 

“Let’s go eat.”

 

“Eh?  Why?  Where’s food?”

 

“I left it behind, but it’s okay, you wouldn’t have liked it.  Let’s go.” Yongsun tries to avoid the topic but unfortunately, Byulyi is a known trickster, she picked it up fast. 

 

“Were you planning on feeding me salad?”

 

“No of course not!”  Yongsun shout defensively,

 

“Hhaha unnie!  Were you trying to make me eat salad but forgot it at your company? Hahahha”

 

“Yah! Shut it!” 

 

“That’s hilarious!” Byul squeeze out in between her laughter.

 

Yongsun grab a pillow and threw it at her, “Shut it!”

 

“Omo Unnie see even the universe is on my side hahaha”

 

“Moon Byul Yi.” Yongsun warns but Byul kept laughing.

 

“YAH!”

 

“Ok ok ok i’m done.”  Byul said despite still chuckling at the irony.

 

“Hmp.  If you're done, let’s go, my treat.”

 

Byul finally stop laughing.  She shook her head, “If you have some kimchi, i can just eat rice and kimchi.  You must be tired.” 

 

“I promise you food.”

 

“Yeah, if you have rice and kimchi, that’s all I need.”

 

“Fine, i’ll cook for you. Kimchi fried rice good?”

 

“What - no unnie, just rest, I can just go!” Byul exclaim, not wanting Yongsun to do more work.

 

 Yongsun ignore her, turning to the refrigerator, “I’ll make some kimchi fried rice, it’ll be quick.”

 

“Unnie come on, just rest.”

 

“Nope.  You sit down.  I’ll make us some food.”

 

Byul sigh, “I’m not going to win am I?”

 

“What do you know, she can learn,” Yongsun tease while getting the ingredients out 

 

The younger one just gave a small smile, and sat down on one of the kitchen chair, content to just watch Yongsun cook.

 

“What are you helping Yong-unnie with?” Yongsun inquire as she cut up the kimchi.

 

“Secret ~” 

 

“Seriously?”

 

“You’ll know soon!” 

 

“I can’t believe you're conspiring with my sister.” 

 

“You make it sound like we’re plotting evil.”

 

“Knowing my sister…”

 

Byulyi laughs, “dont worry unnie, it’s nothing bad.”

 

“Hm.. okay,”  Yongsun drop the topic for now.  She finish cooking and transfer everything to the table, setting a bowl in front of Byulyi, who gave her a blinding smile.

 

“Thanks unnie!”  

 

“Eat up, next time, i’m making you salad.”

 

“Weeehh??” 

 

“It’s healthy,”

 

Byulyi made a gross out face, “you really are old…”

 

“IC - shut up and eat.”

 

“Kimchi is healthy too you know, it’s made from greens.” 

 

“Uh huh,” Yongsun nods distractingly while she scoop up a big spoon of rice, 

 

Byulyi open to continue talking, and Yongsun took that opportunity to stuff the spoon into Byul’s mouth.

 

She automatically closed , a spoonful of too much rice inside, puffing her cheek up cutely like a hamster hoarding nuts.

 

“Hhmm hmmhmmh hfmfm”

 

“Chew then talk please,” Yongsun took the spoon back as if she didn’t just do that.  

 

Byulyi really tries to chew but there’s a lot off food.  Yongsun can’t help but pull out her phone to record, getting a glare from Byul but she can't say anything with overstuff with food.

 

“You’re cute! Has anyone told you that you look like a hamster?” 

 

If anything, Byulyi glare got worse.  She picked up a piece of kimchi and fling it at Yongsun.  The singer simply dodge and continue to film, a wide smile gracing her face.

 

At this point, Yongsun doesn’t think about the ease of their friendship anymore. 

 

After dinner - and that was an ordeal because Byulyi kept insisting on doing the dishes as a thank you, until Yongsun finally relent and let her - they just lounge around in the living room, again, not doing anything but basking in each other. 

 

They’re sitting next to each other on the sofa as they watch a movie.  Byulyi, not being a fan of horror movie, curl her body into Yongsun, finding safety there (and under the thin blanket).  Yongsun is gently her hair in a calming manner, although she’s doing that without much thought, as she’s too focus on the movie. 

 

Somewhere along the movie, Byulyi fell asleep, her breath evening out and the tight grip she has on the blanket loosen.  Yongsun picked the blanket backup and drape it over the younger girl.  The dialogue from the movie drones on, but Yongsun can’t keep her eyes off Byulyi.

 

Like this, curl into her for safety, without the stress and worry of the day, Byulyi face looks so peaceful and so young. is slightly open as well, only adding to the young image.  

 

Goodness.  She’s gonna have to talk to her company, because this, this girl right here, in her arm, she wants this forever.  And when Yongsun wants something, nothing will stand in her way.  

 

The movie just ended but she doesn't want to wake the girl up, and well, she doesn’t want to move from this position.  

 

So with the remote out of reach, she let the ending credit music wash over her, falling asleep as well. 

 

-------------------------

A/N -

Hiiii!  been a while, sorry!   i was dealing with some stuff and needed to get away, so i went back to my family's farm. help raised some pigs, feed some cows, plow some land hahah but more importantly, i just...cutoff internet and focus on the present and on myself.  

I still you know, have pen and paper, so i was still writing.  Once i got back, i typed it all up and thats why there's a lot of updates today!

And i'm back to find out Moonsun have new album coming out!  perfect timing! Also like omg catching up on everything Moonsun is like a full time job.  like how many hours do they have in their day??  But i'm not complaining i love it and cna't wait to fully catch up and also new music soon!  yay!  

Until next time ~