In which Solar really should stop speaking

Happy Accident

It’s been a few days since the shoot, and Yongsun hasn’t been able to move on.  She’s convinced Byulyi hates her.  She noticed how Byulyi practically ran from the set and left, without even going back to her dressing room.  

 

Wheein tried to cheer her up, saying that Byulyi is a busy person after coming back from a win, she must have somewhere else to be. Which, Yongsun suppose can be true, but she has a feeling it’s not.  

 

Yongsun already told her manager to see if she can find Byulyi number so she can call and at least apologize, even if it’s not in person.  

 

Her manager said okay but it’s been a few days and still nothing.  Yongsun decided to do it herself.  She knows Hwasa and Byulyi are friends, so she’s currently heading to Hwasa’s company.  According to her sources, Hwasa is preparing for a comeback, so she’s hopeful the girl is there recording right now.

 

“Solar-shi,” the receptionist greeted her the moment she entered the building, “How can we assist you today?”

“Ah, well, you see, I’m wondering if Hwasa is here?  I’d like to talk with her if possible?”

The receptionist nods, “Yes, you can take that elevator to the 7th floor.  It’ll be the 2nd door on the right from where the elevator opens. Just go on right in, she won’t hear you knocking, you'll be standing outside forever if you.”

 

Yongsun bowed her thanks and head up to the 7th floor, mentally rehearsing how to ask Hwasa for Byulyi’s number without coming across like a creep…well, more of a creep than she already did. 

 

“I HATE THIS STUPID SPORT!” 

 

That’s the first thing Yongsun heard before she even opened the door.

 

Hesitantly, she slowly opened the door and poke her head in. 

 

Hyejin is holding what she assumes is a golf stick, with a ball laying next to her feet.  She’s standing on a green rug? To her surprise, Byulyi is also there!

“THE BALL IS NOT MOVING WHY CAN’T I HIT IT?!”

“Relax Hyejin, your anger is -” 

 

“IF YOU TELL ME TO RELAX ONE MORE TIME I WILL THROW THIS STICK AT YOU!”

 

“...It’ a putter.”

 

“I DON'T CARE! IT”S LONG AND - oh, Solar-sunbae! Hello! Come in!” 

 

Yongsun's eyes widen, she thought she closed the door and left, needing to reevaluate her plan upon seeing Byulyi there, but apparently her body didn’t move with her mind. Can’t go back now.

 

She smiles shyly, going all the way in, instead of just poking her head in.

 

“Hello,” she bow, “I hope i’m not interrupting.”

“Not at all, in fact, you're just in time!” 

 

“I..am?”

 

Hyejin frantically nods, taking two big strides to her, the younger girl held her hand and put the stick in it.  She unconsciously grabs hold of it.

 

“You can entertain this one here.  I have to go uh… do things! Hope to talk to you longer next time sunbae!”

With that, Hyejin ran out the door leaving just Yongsun and Byulyi by themselves.

 

Silence.  Very very awkward silence.  Yongsun wracks her brain for something to say, trying to think of how to start the apology.  However, Byulyi beat her to it.

 

“I’m sorry!” Byulyi loudly exclaimed with a deep bow.

 

Yongsun was too shocked to say anything.  Why is she sorry?  

 

“I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable that day.  I’m really sorry for overstepping.  And I’m sorry I left the way I did, it was wrong of me!” 

 

Yongsun blinks.  Wait, what? She blinks again.  Oh, the golfer is still in her 90 degree bow.  

 

Frantic, Yongsun drop the golf club and made a huge motion with her hand, “No no, please stand up! It’s me that should apologize!”

 

“Eh?”  Byulyi tilted her head in confusion after standing up. 

 

“I’m sorry!”  Yongsun repeated the action, bowing a full 90 degrees.  

 

“Solar-shi! You don't - “
 

Not letting the other girl talk, Yongsun continued, “I’m very sorry, I was completely out of line that day.  It was utterly unprofessional of me.   I’m sorry for putting you in that situation!”

 

Yongsun stood back up to see Byulyi open , but she cut the golfer off, “And please don’t lie and say It’s okay.  It was not okay at all.  I made you very uncomfortable, I know that.” 

 

“Ah, well..” Byulyi sheepishly smile, her hand going up to rub her neck nervously, “I - it was quite an ego boost, since you’re so, you know, beautiful.” 

 

“You think i’m beautiful?” Yongsun felt her face heating up.  Is this room getting hotter? Is the AC not working? 

 

Byul shyly shrugs, as she looks away, embarrassed, muttering quietly, “Well, you’re, you, so..yeah..” 

 

“Oh…um..thank you.”  

 

That should have been enough, but Yongsun's mouth kept running, “I’m sure you know what I think of you, considering, you know..” 

 

“Oh god” Her brain caught up to what just spew out, “I’m so sorry!  That’s highly - i’m sorry.  I - “

 

“It’s okay,” Byulyi cuts in with a gentle smile.

 

“Let’s just start over!  Introduction!”  Yongsun stuck out her hand, “Hi!  I’m Kim Yongsun, nice to meet you!” 

 

The golfer took her hand, “Hi, Yongsun-shi, i’m Moon Byulyi.” 

 

Yongsun really hope her hand is not sweaty, because she feels really hot right now.  Why does Byulyi’s hand fit with her so well? And so warm. 

 

“Let me take you to dinner.”  Yongsun eyes widen, she clasp her hand over in shock.  What the hell is wrong with her today. 

 

“I - what?” 

 

“I mean, I would like to treat you to dinner, as an apology for the other day.” 

 

“Oh - uh no it’s fine really!  You came all the way here, I don't want to inconvenience you.” 

 

“No no, please, let me properly apology.” 

 

“No it’s truly - “

 

“Byulyi, please.”  She’s practically pleading at this point.  She’s not exactly sure why she’s so desperate.  Normally, she’ll just buy flowers and send food over if someone declines.  

 

Byulyi can hear the tone of her voice.  Not wanting to make Yongsun sad, she agree, “Ah, well, if you really insist.” 

 

“Yes!  Great!”  Yongsun perks up, “When are you free?”

“I have to focus on practice, the US Open is in coming up.  I’ll be free sometime after….” Byulyi trails off, unsure of when she’ll actually have the time.  Depending on the result, she’ll either stay in the US and sulk, or be flown back to Korea and appear in a bunch of shows.  

 

“Why don’t we exchange numbers and I can text you once I know?”  She proposed as she held her phone out to Yongsun.

 

“Okay,”  Yongsun took the phone and inputted her number, then called herself with it so that her phone had Byulyi’s number, “but you have to promise to text once you know.  If not, i’m going to blow up your phone.”

 

“Wait - no, not - i mean - like - spam - not like - boom. No boom.  I don’t even know how - i mean - ”  Yongsun stutter out, not wanting it to be taken the wrong way, but her rambling cut off once she heard Byulyi laughing.  

 

“Yes, I promise.  I’m too young to be charged with carrying a bomb.” 

 

“No no no! That’s not what - “

 

Byulyi laughed again, “I know Yongsun-shi.  I’m just messing with you.  I promise I’ll let you know when I’m free.”

 

“Ok good, good.”  Yongsun resolved to leave before she embarrassed herself any further. 

 

“I should get back now, I've disturb you long enough.”

 

“Not at all! Please get back safe.”

 

“Hwaiting on the tournament!  I know you’ll win it!” 

 

“Thank you!”  Byulyi smiles widely and bow to her.

 

Yongsun bow back and left.  Once she’s at the door, she turns back and makes a Hwaiting motion, “I’ll treat you to something special once you win! Bye! I’ll look forward to our dinner date!” 

 

Then she rushed out the door.  It wasn’t until she’s halfway down the elevator that her words register to her. 

 

She bangs her head against the elevator wall. 

 

“Self reminder - figure out how to fake your death.”