First Meeting?

Happy Accident

Yongsun will deny it to the end of time should anyone bring it up.  No, she did not make a complete fool of herself upon first seeing Moon Byulyi.  She was very professional, thank you very much.  

 

But of course, what yongsun wants others to believe is not the truth.  No.

 

The truth of their first meeting goes like this:

 

Yongsun dragging Wheein behind her, Hwasa came stumbling out of the door, causing Yongsun to stop, then Byulyi calming walking out.

 

Poor Wheein, who crashed into Yongsun due to the abrupt stop and unable to stop her momentum in time.  This crash pushed the older singer forward.  Due to her heels, she was unable to balance herself, and fell.  Byulyi, being the sport person with quick reflexes, surged forward and caught the singer. Yongsun instinctively latches onto the golfer’s arms for stability. 

 

Perfectly normal right? 

 

Yes, until Byulyi helped the singer stand back up, and Yongsun got a good look at her.  She was a goner.  

 

She saw Byulyi's mouth moving, but she couldn’t hear anything.  Her eyes dart to the golfer’s mouth, staring intensely at it.  

 

She attempts to move her hand, and in doing so, accidentally squeezes Byulyi’s arm that she’s holding.  Muscle.  Very lean muscle.  

 

Her gaze moved from the mouth to the arm.  She gave another squeeze, breathing out a breathless, “wow”, at what she felt.  

 

She looked back at the mouth and felt her hand reaching to touch those soft lips, when she was suddenly yanked back.  

 

She turns to glare at the person only to see a scared Wheein looking back at her.  

 

This caused her to snap out of whatever that was, and refocus on Wheein.  Who made her Wheenie scared?

 

That’s when she came back and noticed they’re not alone.  

 

In front of her is a very red-faced Byulyi, a very shocked Hwasa with wide open, as well as a few staff members who immediately looked away and basically ran off.  

 

The memory of the last 30 seconds or so passes before her eyes.  .  Hot girls really are her kryptonite.  

 

She opened to apologize only for Byulyi to suddenly bow a full 90 degrees in front of her, and ran off. 

 

She froze.  Should she chase after?  Her eyes flew to Hwasa in an attempt to…i don't know, get some help? when the poor girl also bowed a full 90 degrees to her and ran after Byulyi. 

 

Yongsun stood there in silence, wishing desperately for the ground to open up and swallow her.  

 

“Unnie…what the fuuk?” 

 

“I - she’s really hot.”  Yongsun didn’t even try to defend herself.  

 

“Yeah I know that! but what the ?” 

 

“I- i’m sorry, I’ll go and apologize.”

 

Just as she stepped forward to chase after the two, a staff member came out, looking a bit apprehensive, no doubt one of the witnesses to that horrid event just now.  “Ah, i’m sorry, but there’s been a slight change in seating, and you two need to come this way…” 

 

Seriously?  Of all day? 

 

“I’m sorry, can i just have a few minutes?”

 

He shook his head apologetically, “I'm really sorry but we’re already running a bit behind.” 

 

Poor man truly did look very sorry.

 

Yongsun sighed loudly and trudged after him to their new seating area.  Wheein followed along, trying to cheer her unnie up.  

 

“It’s okay unnie, we’ll all laugh about this in the future!” 

 

“I’m sure Byulyi-shi doesn’t hate you.” 

 

“It’ll be a funny story to tell.” 

 

Yongsun just ignore her friend, her mind going a million mile per hour, trying to come up with ways to apologize for that utterly unprofessional first meeting.  

 

They got to their seating area and of course, the new layout just had the regular judges and the guest judges on both sides of the stage, facing each other.  

 

Seriously just her luck today. 

 

She took a seat in her assigned spot with Wheein sitting a few seats away. 

 

A few seconds later, the guest judges came in and sat down.  

 

 Irene, from Red Velvet, is also a judge on this show, and she’s sitting right next to Yongsun, completely unaware of what just occurred.  

 

She leaned over, “Yong-ah, who’s the one in the polo?  She’s hot.” 

 

Yongsun internally curses, really, she’s having a hard enough time as is, she doesn't need to be reminded of Byulyi’s hotness.  Putting on a smile, she replied, “Moon Byulyi.  She’s a golfer.”

Irene hums appreciatively, “let’s meet her after?”

“NO!” Yongsun shouted in panic, causing Irene to lean back in shock, “I’m sorry, i mean no, that’s okay, you go meet her.” 

 

“Did something happen?” The other singer furrowed her eyebrows in concern. 

 

“No, no, I just.. It’s fine.” 

 

“You sure?” 

 

Yongsun nods but Irene isn’t convinced.  She looks over to Wheein questionably, only for Wheein to subtly shake her head, mouthing ‘i’ll tell you later’ to her. 

 

Irene narrows her eyes but by some luck, the director calls action, and they’re rolling. 

 

Throughout the whole shoot, Yongsun kept glancing over at Byulyi, trying to convey her thoughts to the girl, while it seems like Byulyi is doing everything she can to avoid looking at Yongsun.  The two times their eyes meet, Byulyi immedately reverts away and ducks her head. 

 

The singer internally signed every time.  She really messed up big time.  The poor girl just looks uncomfortable.  

 

She’s going to apologize and make it right.  With resolve, she told Irene what happened during one of the short filming breaks, ending with “I’m going to apologize immediately once we’re done.”

 

“Is this your way of telling me to back off?”

 

Yongsun gave an unamused stare at her friend who only chuckled, “Wheein is right, it’s a pretty funny story.  Yah, go make up with her, buy her some food, be her friend, and tell this story to everyone in a few years.” 

 

“No way, i’m not going to tell anyone this!”

 

“Why not?  It’s funny and cute.” Irene shrugged.  While she can understand where Yongsun is coming from, she doesn’t think it’s too big of a deal.  Besides, from what she can see, Hwasa seems to be enjoying this, if the little nudges to Byulyi and glancing towards Yongsun, and that wicked grin on the girl’s face is any indication.  Yeah, she’s pretty sure it’ll be fine. 

 

Byul’s side

When Byul pushed Hyejin out the door, she didn’t expect to run into both Solar and Wheein at the same time.  Well, the whole thing lasted less than a minute but it’s forever sear into her mind. 

 

She came out of the dressing room to see Wheein running into Solar, who lost her balance.  Instinctively, she reacted and caught the singer before she could fall.  She held onto the singer and helped her stand up.  

 

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” She asked, focusing on the singer, and trying to ignore her heart.  Wow, Solar is very beautiful.  She subtly shook her head to refocus. 

 

No answer.  Solar didn’t hit her head or anything right? 

 

“Solar-shi, are you okay?” 

 

Nothing, except a very intense stare at .  Is something stuck in her teeth? She was just about to let go when she felt a squeeze on her bicep.  She saw Yongsun look down and before she could do anything, she felt another squeeze, more firm, and a bit aggressive…purposeful. 

 

When the singer breathed out a soft ‘wow’, Byulyi felt her face heating up.  SHe’s pretty sure all her blood just pulls a reverse card and flows upward to her face. 

 

Not knowing what to do, she just stood there, red faced and wide eyes.  She then saw Solar move her hand away and omg it’s moving towards . She swallows, very nervous for what’s about to happen, but too afraid to move.  Her eyes focus on that moving hand before it suddenly disappears.  

 

Byul blink. And it’s like the world came back to view, and it’s not just her and Solar anymore.  

 

She sees Wheein holding onto the back of Solar’s blouse, staring at the other girl in shock.  She also see Hyejin staring, well gaping, more like.  

 

Solar open , but Byul’s nervousness kicked in.  She’s way too nervous to say anything at this point.  If she opens , it’ll just be gibberish.  Not knowing what else to do other than run away, Byul gave Solar a deep bow in apology, and well…she’s ashamed to admit, she legitimately ran away.  

 

“Unnie!  Yah Unnie! Moon Byul Yi!” 

 

Byulyi skid to a halt.

 

Hyejin slowed down next to her, breathing dramatically, “This unnie…making me exercise like this..” 

 

Byul raised an unamused eyebrow, “What do you want Hyejin?” 

 

“What do I want?  Um, hello?? Are you just going to ignore what happened?”

 

Byul nods resolutely.  Yes, she fully intends on doing that.

 

Unfortunately for her, Hyejin doesn’t.  

 

“Nope.  Not happening.  Tell me, how does it feel to be by Solar?”

“Yah!”  Byul clasped a hand around Hyejin’s mouth, glancing around nervously to see if anyone heard. 

 

“Don’t say that!  That’s not what happened!”

 

“Hmphmhpmh” the younger one try to answer but with the hand clasp tightly over , it just came out as mumbles. 

 

“We’re not talking about this.”  Byul glare at her to get her point across before moving her hand.

 

Immediately, Hyejin brought it up again, “You liked it right? Your face got all red!” 

 

“Lalallalal I can’t hear you.” 

 

Luckily for Byul, an assistant came up and told them to follow him to their seating area.  Unluckily for her, she happened to be sitting right across from Yongsun.  

 

Hyejin laughs seeing the seating areas, and nudges her unnie with an exaggerated wink, who can only shake her head, not wanting to talk about it.

 

Throughout the whole shoot, Byulyi tries really really hard to focus on the singers, to give them her full attention and respect, but it’s hard to do when she can feel someone staring at her on the other side of the stage.  It’s really uncomfortable, trying to ignore the stare.  The very few times she glanced over, without meaning to, her eyes immediately sought out Yongsun, and she would inadvertently get nervous and shy again and have to revert her gaze.

 

It doesn’t help that Hyejin keeps whispering to her.

 

“Take her out to dinner.” 

 

“How did she feel in your arms?” 

 

“What does she smell like?”
 

“When you two date, I demand a free dinner for introducing you.” 

 

“I think she’s looking at you again.”

 

“I wonder what she thinks about your body.” 

 

Byul internally sighs, trying to block out Hyejin’s whispering and little nudges.  

 

“Yah, can we focus on the singer?” 

 

“I am!  Solar is a singer!”

 

“She can belt too, you know?  Very great at belting.  Loud.”

 

“Ahn Hye Jin.” 

 

“What?  I’m just being honest.” 

 

That’s basically the whole shoot.  The MC asked them questions, they voted, or something, but honestly, Byul doesn't remember anything other than Solar, Hyejin, and trying to ignore them both.  

 

The moment it was over and they all left the area, Byulyi bolted out, citing needing to get to practice.  Being the more athletic person, she was able to evade Hyejin, who, very angrily, spammed her messages and voicemail.  

 

Byulyi promises herself she’ll buy Hyejin a bunch of beef to make it up to her.