Chapter 8

The Fight For Territory

Kevin sighed as he stood in the backyard, waiting with Donghyun and Jibeom to get back from patrolling while Changmin and Chanhee waited on their turn to start.

Woobin was away for a few days, needing to go with Serim and Allen for an important meeting.

"Changmin, can you take me to the border?" Asked Kevin as Donghyun and Jibeom arrived with Seongmin and Taeyoung. Changmin nodded, bending down and letting Kevin climb onto his back.

"Beomgyu is still there right?" Kevin asked Jibeom as he walked over. "He should be," Jibeom answered with a nod. "Where?" Asked Kevin. "Along the northern half, we ran into each other a few days ago," replied Donghyun. "He was heading south, we were going north," he added.

"Go Changmin," commanded Kevin. Changmin nodded, rushing forward with Chanhee following after him. Seongmin and Taeyoung soon followed after them.

 

~



Beomgyu was waiting along the border, Youngtaek beside him as Kevin showed up with Changmin and Chanhee. "Thanks Changmin," said Kevin as Changmin leaned down, letting Kevin slide off his back. "Long time no see Beomgyu," called Kevin as he walked over to Beomgyu. Changmin and Chanhee turned and ran off once Kevin was fine, Seongmin and Taeyoung stuck around for a few minutes before they ran the other direction, beginning patrols.

"Hello," greeted Beomgyu, the corners of his lips going up in a smile. "Hello fox," greeted Kevin. "Dog," greeted Youngtaek as he waved.

"Do you know the pack that's been patrolling your side of the borders?" Asked Kevin. "The pack of wolf 'shifters?" Asked Beomgyu as he blinked in confusion. "Yeah," replied Kevin. "Kind of? They've been avoiding Youngtaek and I recently though," said Beomgyu as he shrugged. "Why?" He asked.

"It seems they're trying to take over Finland, with the recent attacks on my pack and the pack of outsiders I have helping," explained Kevin. "Do they have a death wish?" Asked Beomgyu as he sighed. "They only seem to be attacking when I'm around, which you know it's a bad idea," explained Kevin.

"I'll talk to them, and if that doesn't work I got the fox here," reassured Beomgyu. "They're gonna have more than a ragtag bunch of 'shifters and a pack of wolf 'shifters on their hands if this continues," commented Kevin. "Also I need some information on Allen," he added.

"Allen?" Asked Beomgyu. "He's a white tiger 'shifter, and we all know white tigers are pretty much extinct when it comes to 'shifters now," explained Kevin. "I'll see if anyone knows anything," Beomgyu said, nodding. "Eric seemed to think he looked familiar, but Jacob hasn't met him yet so I wouldn't know," explained Kevin.

"Anything else?" asked Beomgyu. "I think we got it for now, thanks for stopping to see me before you end up wandering off again," came the answer as Kevin turned and ran off, shifting to his wolf form before heading straight back. Beomgyu watched him go before continuing his patrols with Youngtaek.

 

~



Woobin let out a deep sigh as he came upon the pack house, returning from the important meeting he had to attend because of reasons he couldn't fathom when he wasn't even Serim's beta. That title belonged to Allen anyway.

"That bad of a meeting huh?" Asked Hyunjae as Woobin entered the house. "It was boring as all hell," grumbled Woobin as he went to sit down on the couch, glaring at the TV.

"Well, at least you got it over with," commented Hyunjae. "Of course," sighed Woobin as he leaned his head back to look up at the ceiling.

Kevin entered the house after changing back to his human form and going into his room to quickly get some clothes on before walking back into the livingroom where Hyunjae and Woobin were sitting and watching TV.

"Woobin can we have a chat?" Asked Kevin as he looked at Woobin. "Where?" Asked Woobin as he brought his head down to look at Kevin. "Outside?" asked Kevin. "Sure," hummed Woobin as he got up, going to put on his shoes before heading outside and sitting on the back deck. Kevin followed after him, sitting across from Woobin and getting comfortable before letting out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Asked Woobin. "Nothing, I just... How do I ask this?" Grumbled Kevin as he looked thoughtful. Woobin blinked in surprise, his head tilting to the side in question.

"Were we ever going to address the fact that we were mates?" Asked Kevin, deciding to be blunt about it. "Well, I don't know, were we?" Asked Woobin as he looked at Kevin.

"I know we've had it rough due to the circumstances, but I would like to know if I have the support of my supposed mate," stated Kevin as he shrugged. "You know where my loyalty lies Kevin," grumbled Woobin as he looked away from Kevin. "That's what I thought," sighed Kevin as he got up, walking back into the house and slamming the door closed behind him.

Woobin closed his eyes in defeat, sighing as he crossed his arms and thought about where his priorities really were. He wondered what Serim would think, knowing that Serim was counting on him to keep this pact going. This alliance. Whatever the hell it was at this point.

 

~



Kevin curled up into a ball on his bed, his heartbeat ramping up again. He took deep breaths, trying to bring his heartbeat down and trying to keep as quiet as possible. He couldn't help the whimper that escaped him though, and when his door opened Kevin saw that Juyeon had walked in, going to sit down beside Kevin and putting a hand on his arm.

"Are you okay?" Asked Juyeon as he looked concerned. Kevin shook his head no, not trusting his voice right now. "Woobin again huh?" Asked Juyeon. Kevin nodded, earning a sigh from Juyeon. "He'll come around I'm sure," reassured Juyeon. "I'm here, Hyunjae is here, okay?" He asked. Kevin nodded again, closing his eyes and relaxing in his bed as the episode passed.

Juyeon stayed with him for a few minutes, Hyunjae walking over and standing in the doorway looking worried. Juyeon looked up at Hyunjae, shaking his head when Hyunjae gave him a questioning look. Hyunjae let out a soft sigh before turning and walking away.