Chapter 12

The Fight For Territory

"Alright," started Kevin as he stood before Hyunjae and Woobin. "The only way you will be able to surpass Juyeon's legacy is to work together, then work together with me," he explained.

"I'm going to organize a game between both packs," explained Kevin as Donghyun and Jibeom walked over after they changed to their coyote forms. "I suggest you get ready because the game starts now," he added as Donghyun and Jibeom both leaped at Hyunjae and Woobin.

Woobin leaned into the attack, changing  using his shoulder as a battering ram to send Donghyun away from him. Hyunjae had changed and took Jibeom head on, attacking as he leaped into the attack, clawing at Jibeom as he fought back against the smaller coyote.

They were sent running when Changmin and Chanhee got into the fray, Kevin changing to his wolf form and joining in, the three of them leading them on a wild goose chase.

 

~



Hyunjae and Woobin thought they were in the clear when the footsteps faded away, but it was merely a fluke as Allen and Serim leaped at the two of them from the sides, causing Woobin to shove Hyunjae out of the way and tank both the attacks.

Hyunjae leaped into the fray to distract at least one of them, Woobin fighting alongside him as the two of them used their size difference to their advantage.

Woobin swiped at Allen as Serim tried to get into the fray, Hyunjae distracting the larger tiger as he hissed in warning.

As they were fighting off Serim and Allen Hyeongjun and Minhee got into the fray, scattering the fight as they worked with Allen and Serim. Woobin and Hyunjae were forced apart as Hyeongjun and Serim attacked Woobin while Minhee and Allen went after Hyunjae.

 

~



When it seemed they were about to be defeated Kevin came into the fray, jumping straight into the middle of Hyeongjun and Serim's fight with Woobin with a snarl. Woobin took the initiative and went straight for Hyunjae's fight, Kevin jumping to his side to help out as they pushed Allen and Minhee away from Hyunjae.

It suddenly came to a stop as Allen, Serim, Hyeongjun and Minhee quickly left, disappearing from view. Hyunjae was panting, but he was standing and otherwise unharmed. Woobin looked unwinded, though that was expected from someone as tanky as him.

Kevin's ears twitched as he heard footsteps, moving quickly to jump into an attack that was coming from behind Woobin. Taeyoung and Seongmin were leading this attack as they both leaped into the attack. Woobin was quick to act as he turned and joined Kevin in his attacking. Hyunjae leaped into the fray to help, Kevin and Hyunjae working together with Woobin to drive Seongmin and Taeyoung away.

Next it was Wonjin and Jungmo, along with Changmin and Chanhee, the four of them attacking from all sides as Taeyoung and Seongmin moved out of the way. As Kevin worked with Hyunjae and Woobin they used Woobin's large size to send the others flying, Hyunjae and Kevin going in to finish them off.

What they weren't expecting was for Kevin to collapse, falling to the ground as he coughed up blood, returning to human form as he clutched at his chest, the pain worse than before. Everyone stopped in their attacks, Changmin and Chanhee immediately changing to their human forms and running over to Kevin.

"What can we do?" Asked Changmin as he turned Kevin over onto his back, making sure to turn Kevin's head so he wouldn't choke on his own blood.

"Wonjin, go back to the pack house and get the first aid kit, it's the one in the bathroom," commanded Chanhee as he turned to said snow leopard. Wonjin nodded and hurried off to get it. "Hyunjae, come here, we're preparing Kevin for transport," he added, turning to said person. Hyunjae walked over and Chanhee helped Kevin onto his back.

"Hang in there Kevin," demanded Chanhee, who only looked concerned. "Hey, I'll try," rasped Kevin as he coughed up more blood. "Go Hyunjae," demanded Chanhee, and Hyunjae took off. Changmin changed to his wolf form and howled, signalling the end of the game before he rushed off after Hyunjae. "Come on then," said Chanhee as he turned to the others before changing and heading back home. The others followed after him.

 

~



Kevin was not doing well, as normally he'd be okay after a few minutes or so. At least, from what Woobin had observed throughout the many attacks he had witnessed. Hyunjae was forced to stand back and watch since he wasn't a medic like Changmin and Chanhee were, but he did run back and forth between Kevin's room and the bathroom to get towels and such to try and make sure Kevin was okay.

Woobin was stuck worrying over Kevin, pacing back and forth in the livingroom as the rest of his pack waited around outside for the news.

 

~



Hyunjae stepped out of the hallway leading to the bedrooms with a defeated look on his face as he let out a sigh. Woobin turned to Hyunjae, questions visible in his eyes as he took in the scene. "He'll be fine, for now," explained Hyunjae as he nodded. "But we need Younghoon and Haknyeon here, this is beyond us," he added. "Who?" Asked Woobin. "Two of the medics in Jacob and Eric's side of the pack," explained Hyunjae.

"Why do you need them?" Asked Woobin as he looked wary. "Younghoon has dealt with this for years, when we were still together as one large pack in Sweden," explained Hyunjae. "I trust them with my life," he added. "Younghoon especially, since he has a medical license, and trained the rest of us," he explained.

"I know you may not trust them, but I do, and so does the rest of my pack," sighed Hyunjae. "We have no choice but to call them over," he added.

"Fine," sighed Woobin. "I know I won't have much choice in the matter, send them over," he added. "I was going to ask them to come whether you wanted them to or not," sighed Hyunjae as he went to make a couple phone calls.

 

~



Haknyeon had to fly to Finland, when he heard of how serious Kevin's condition had become while Younghoon had to run since he was closer and it was quicker for him to run anyway.

Kevin wasn't doing any better than before, which really worried Hyunjae as it seemed that Kevin's body was finally giving up on itself. He just hoped that Kevin had enough fight left in him to make it through to when it eventually went away again. If it ever did at this rate.