Chapter 5

The Fight For Territory

Woobin let out a breath as he leaned against the wall opposite of Kevin's room. They weren't kidding when his relapses were coming quicker than before, and Woobin couldn't do much to stop it due to Kevin pushing him away when he tried.

Luckily Jibeom was still in the house when the next attack happened, and had gone to help, even though he couldn't do much except try to get Kevin to relax and survive through the attack.

Once the coughing had finally stopped Jibeom stepped outside the room to face the worried Woobin who was fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

"He'll be fine," explained Jibeom as Woobin looked at him for answers. "There's not much we can really do right now," he added, closing the door behind him before walking down the hall and into the living room where he collapsed onto the couch with a defeated sigh.

Woobin looked down at the floor, pushing away from the wall before walking into the living room. "I'm going for a run," he explained to Jibeom who looked at him in question.

"Be careful," said Jibeom as he nodded. "I will, I'm not one to get myself killed," reassured Woobin before he left the house, not bothering to strip as he changed, letting the borrowed clothes shred before he took off, running into the forest behind the house to let off some steam.

 

~



Woobin could hear the sounds of footsteps, and turned to them to see Juyeon's wolf form come into view, the both of them eyeing each other before Juyeon leaped forward, going over Woobin and continuing his run. Woobin snorts, turning and following after Juyeon, keeping pace with the slimmer wolf by the larger strides he had.

Woobin had almost forgotten who was home and who was on patrols, as he knew they had switched things up as soon as all three teams were home to switch things up a bit. Right now it was Jibeom and Juyeon that were home while Hyunjae was out with Donghyun getting groceries and things while Changmin and Chanhee were together on patrols.

Kevin couldn't separate the two friends, not after the incident that had nearly cost Changmin his life. Woobin had argued that a change of pace would do them good, but Kevin stood firm on keeping Changmin and Chanhee together due to what had happened to those two.

 

~



"And why can't they be separated?" Asked Woobin. "Logically it'd be better to have them with other people, but you're not explaining why," he explained.

"I'm not sharing pack secrets with you," growled Kevin. "The moment I share that piece of information I know you'd use it against me," he added, sighing as he ran his hand through his hair, leaning against the wall.

Woobin scoffed. "I'm not going to do that," he muttered. "Have some faith in me will you?" He asked. "It's not hard to separate those two, they're your best trackers, they can do better apart than together," he explained.

"Damn it, that's something I don't need right now!" Shouted Kevin as he turned and slammed his hand into the wall. "They're staying together, and that's final," he commanded, his tone final as he moved away from the wall and pushed passed Woobin, leaving the house to go running.

 

~



Woobin came to a stop when Juyeon did, seeing Changmin and Chanhee return from patrols with Wonjin and Jungmo, whose snow leopard forms stood out in the kind of scenery they were in. Woobin nodded to them, and Juyeon had the bright idea to start patrols without waiting for Jibeom, which caused Woobin to go with him.
 

~



Kevin was sitting on the back deck when Changmin and Chanhee returned, sighing when it seemed Juyeon and Woobin had taken their place. "Well, that's that then," he hummed, leaning against the chair he was sitting in.

"They were already out there running anyway," explained Changmin. "I know, Woobin was pissed off enough today," grumbled Kevin as he let out a sigh.

"How are you doing right now?" Asked Changmin. "Better, I had an episode earlier but I'm fine," replied Kevin as he shrugged his shoulders. "How's your heartbeat?" Asked Changmin. "Slowed down a bit, I think I'll be fine," hummed Kevin as he nodded.

"Did you and Woobin have another argument?" Asked Chanhee. "No, he's just frustrated that he can't do anything, but you know I don't trust outsiders to help me during one of my attacks," replied Kevin as he shook his head.

"Hyunjae and Donghyun should be coming back soon by the way," added Kevin as Chanhee and Changmin headed into the house to take a shower and change clothes.

 

~



Hyunjae and Donghyun came back and Kevin was sitting on the couch watching tv. "We got dinner!" Donghyun called into the hallway, causing Chanhee and Changmin to leave their room and walk into the livingroom and join the others to eat.

"I think I may join the next round of patrols," Kevin said suddenly, causing everyone to turn to him. "What?" Asked Changmin as he blinked in shock. "They're expecting me to join the patrols at some point," explained Kevin. "I'm choosing who goes with me," he added.

"And who would that be?" Asked Hyunjae. "Jibeom," replied Kevin as he shrugged, earning a head tilt from said person. "Jibeom can easily keep up with Juyeon, and so he'd be able to keep up with me," he explained. "Also, Jibeom hadn't gone on patrols yet, since he was supposed to go with Juyeon," he added.

"Well, that's that then?" Asked Changmin. "I suppose," hummed Hyunjae. "Keep an eye on our guest, we don't know how he will be when I'm not here," added Kevin. Everyone nodded at that, and dinner went by in silence, no one wanting to talk more on the topic.

 

~



Jibeom and Kevin stood in the backyard in their animal forms, Kevin's larger build making Jibeom feel small next to him. When Juyeon and Woobin came out of the forest after getting dressed Juyeon looked taken aback when he saw who was taking their place.

"You're well enough to go on patrols?" Asked Juyeon as he looked Kevin over. Kevin nodded, earning a sigh from Juyeon. "Keep him safe Jibeom," Juyeon demanded. Jibeom nodded, bowing his head at Juyeon.

"You're just gonna let them go?" Asked Woobin. "Jibeom is quick on his feet, and can keep an eye on Kevin," explained Juyeon. "Let them go," he added, walking over to Kevin.

"Just a warning, Serim and Allen are here," Juyeon whispered into Kevin's ear before moving away. Kevin nodded, immediately sprinting into the forest with Jibeom following after him.

Kevin and Jibeom were soon joined by two Siberian Tigers, one of them with white fur, and Kevin assumed these two were Allen and Serim. They started the patrols, the two tigers easily keeping pace with Kevin and Jibeom.