Chapter 10

The Fight For Territory

Kevin came to suddenly, sitting up in his bed and looking around frantically for Juyeon. Woobin entered the room, Hyunjae right behind him.

"J-Juyeon?" Asked Kevin, as he looked up at Woobin. "I'm sorry Kevin," muttered Woobin as he turned away. Kevin let out a small whimper, breaking down as he started sobbing, hugging his knees. Woobin turned back to Kevin, not wanting to get close in case he was turned away.

Hyunjae nudged him, nodding encouragingly as Woobin turned to him. "This is something I can't do," he explained. "He won't turn you away, I promise," he added.

Woobin walked over to Kevin's bed and sat down beside him, pulling Kevin into his arms and letting Kevin sob into his chest.

 

~



"They weren't just best friends you know?" Asked Hyunjae as he threw a lit match into the pile of sticks to burn Juyeon's body.

"Juyeon was Kevin's mate?" Asked Woobin. "It was one sided," explained Hyunjae. "They were friends long before that, but Juyeon found out they were mates when he started changing," he added. "Juyeon was the one to make that bond, but Kevin kept it strictly as friends," he explained.

"Due to it being one sided?" Asked Woobin. Hyunjae nodded.

"Kevin's pack dynamics run deeper than that though, you'll figure it out I'm sure," explained Hyunjae. "Hm," hummed Woobin.

 

~



Kevin had fallen asleep in Woobin's arms, Woobin moving slightly to lean against the headboard to get more comfortable. Woobin was sure that everyone was now out for blood, as no one was home for the moment, everyone out to go after the enemy pack.

Beomgyu was back and coordinating with Serim and corralling all the enemy pack into a central location for one last big attack, Taehyun and Heeseung along for it when they heard what had happened. It had been Hyunjae's idea, and everyone jumped on the idea since Kevin was indisposed at the moment, though they knew he would be joining them soon enough.

 

~



Hyunjae ran with Changmin and Chanhee, the three of them chasing after the pack right into where they needed them. Donghyun and Jibeom were coming from the opposite direction, and Taeyoung and Seongmin were leading from the point, making sure they didn't have any stragglers.

Kevin's familiar howl resounded through the forest they were running through, and everyone knew that Kevin was now ready to get his revenge. As they met up along the Russian border Beomgyu appeared with Taehyun and Heeseung in their wolf forms, circling around the part of the pack that had been on their side.

"Gyu," called Kevin as he came into view after changing back to human form. "Looks like we got them huh?" Called Beomgyu as the enemy pack was now surrounded on all sides.

"I want the leader," demanded Kevin. "The one who had the audacity to kill my best friend," he growled. "Give him up now, and I'll let the rest of you go!" He shouted.

"Unless," added Kevin as both his and Serim's packs moved closer, Woobin going to stand with Kevin. "We play a game of cat and mouse," he explained. "We'll give you a chance to leave this area for good," he added. Everyone in Kevin's side of the pack started getting restless at that point, as they knew what the game entailed. Beomgyu couldn't help the smirk that appeared, knowing full well what this game was really about.

"Let's have a game of cat and mouse," explained Kevin. "You have a 5 minute head start," he added. "If you're not out of here within 5 minutes, well," he explained. Serim wasn't aware of the game, but he would wait, growling at the others in his pack and trusting Kevin to make the right move. Beomgyu, Taehyun and Heeseung moved out of the way, giving the enemy ample room to run. "Leave," demanded Kevin.

When the pack turned tail and ran, going straight across the Russian border, everyone on Kevin's side moved closer to make sure they did run.

"They're all yours," stated Kevin as Taehyun and Heeseung turned and ran after the enemy pack, leaving Beomgyu by himself for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry about Juyeon," apologized Beomgyu. "It's something that was going to come eventually," sighed Kevin. "I knew that, when we started this mini war of sorts anyway," he added. "Hm," hummed Beomgyu. "We got it from here, I'll contact you when we're done," he added. Kevin nodded, and Beomgyu turned and ran off, heading back into Russia.

"I really wanted their leader, but oh well," sighed Kevin as he turned, changing and heading back. The rest of Kevin's pack follow after him, Hyunjae at the rear as he followed after them.

Woobin was hesitant as he turned to Serim, who snorts at him before turning and heading off. The other members of Serim's pack except for Hyeongjun and Minhee followed after Serim, as Hyeongjun and Minhee turned and walked towards Woobin. Woobin nodded to them before running off, heading back to Kevin's pack house. Hyeongjun and Minhee follow after him, keeping close.

 

~



Jacob and Younghoon were at the house when Kevin arrived, coming out of the forest after changing back to his human form and getting dressed. "Jacob, Younghoon," greeted Kevin as the others slowly made their way over after changing and getting dressed.

"Kevin," greeted Jacob and Younghoon nodded in greeting.

"What brings you back around?" Asked Kevin. "The news about Juyeon," replied Jacob, causing Kevin to flinch. "I couldn't stop it, okay?" Asked Kevin as he looked down at the ground. "I'm not blaming you Kevin," Jacob said gently as he walked over and put a hand on Kevin's shoulder. "It's alright, okay?" He asked, bringing Kevin into a hug. Kevin nodded into Jacob's shoulder, sniffling as he reached up and hugged Jacob back, clutching at the back of his shirt in desperation as he started sobbing again.

"It's going to be okay... It's going to be okay," Jacob whispered gently as he tried to comfort Kevin. The others could only look away, letting the two brothers have their space for the time being.

Woobin desperately wanted to be the person comforting Kevin, but he knew better. Jacob was family, and Kevin needed that sort of reassurance that Woobin couldn't provide. For now he could only turn away and let the two brothers grieve.