Epilogue

The Fight For Territory

Kevin did everything in his power to keep the peace, and enjoyed the peacefulness that now loomed over the territories. Allen had done everything to spread the word to the various other covens and packs within Norway, Sweden and Finland that Kevin and his brothers were not people to be messed with.

It didn't mean very much to the other covens and packs in the three countries, since Kevin and the others had already established themselves as a pack to not be messed with, but it was a nice precaution nonetheless.

"I guess your ploy of keeping Allen alive has kept the others from thinking of rebelling," remarked Hyunjae as he played a game of chess with Kevin.

"I know I don't have to worry about rebellions from the packs and covens within the three countries, but it's also good I saved the countries from yet another war," hummed Kevin as he made a move against Hyunjae.

"Your father was always one for fighting until the other packs and covens submitted to his demands," commented Hyunjae as he made a move.

"Father was always like that though," mumbled Kevin as he countered the move, smirking at the frustrated noise that escaped Hyunjae's throat.

"That's true, I guess," sighed Hyunjae as he made a move, to which Kevin countered immediately. "Come on now," whined Hyunjae as he scowled at the board.

Changmin walked over with Chanhee and they watched the game, Changmin snickering at the defeated look Hyunjae sported.

"I'd say you're cheating but I don't think you are, Hyunjae just doesn't know how you play well enough yet," commented Chanhee as Hyunjae made a move, Kevin countering again and declaring checkmate.

"You two have come close to beating me a couple times," remarked Kevin as he reset the board.

"Let us play then," demanded Changmin, causing Hyunjae to grumble but move out of the way as Changmin and Chanhee took his place, starting the game as soon as they sat down. Changmin made the first move, causing Kevin to counter him. Chanhee countered Kevin and Kevin countered back, smirking at the scowls the two trackers were making.

"You thought I'd be an easy win huh?" Asked Kevin as Changmin countered him. Kevin countered Changmin before countering Chanhee's next move and smirking at their frustrated sighs.

"Did you change your strategy?" Asked Changmin as he made a move.

"No," replied Kevin as he made a move, causing Chanhee to make a move to counter him. "You just don't see where I'm going with this one," he boasted as he made another move, starting to take pieces before he stopped.

"We've got this one," grumbled Changmin as he made a move, taking pieces from Kevin's side.

"Really now?" Asked Kevin as he made another move, taking more pieces and smirking at the scowls that appeared on Changmin and Chanhee's faces. "Not even Jaehyun has come this close to beating me and we've played more games together," he boasted.

"Dude, but Jaehyun's also been trying to figure you out since we merged packs," grumbled Changmin as he looked at the board, shaking his head as he gave up, letting Chanhee try to finish this game.

Chanhee took one look at the board before shaking his head. "I give up," he sighed.

"Good choice," remarked Kevin before he reset the board, getting up once he was done. "I'm going on a run, okay?" He asked.

"You good going by yourself?" Asked Changmin as he and Chanhee went to follow after him.

"I'll be fine," reassured Kevin as he nodded. "I won't be long," he added. "Just don't wait up for me yeah?" He asked.

"Howl at the first sign of trouble okay?" asked Hyunjae. "We don't know what's gonna happen out there," he added.

Kevin nodded before turning and running off, changing to his wolf form once he hit the tree line.

 

~



Kevin stood at the borders to Russia, being face to face with Beomgyu and Taehyun. Taehyun was in his wolf form, but there was a noticeable change to the way Taehyun stood, and it became more apparent as Taehyun stood up on his hind legs, revealing a more human like state in his wolf form than before. Kevin didn't look surprised, only snorting in acknowledgement before bowing his head.

"I don't know what caused this change either," grumbled Beomgyu as he put a hand on Taehyun's arm to get him to back down. "I was hoping you had an idea, since Heeseung didn't know what it was either," he added.

Kevin returned to his human form, shrugging as he took in Taehyun's new changes. "It could be from Gunil himself," he explained. "These changes were brought on after years of abuse for him, but since he turned someone else it could've passed that physical change to Taehyun," he added. "That's my theory on it anyway," he mused, shaking his head.

"Is this kind of thing permanent?" Asked Beomgyu.

"Staying in wolf form?" Asked Kevin, earning a nod from Beomgyu. "You mean he's stuck in wolf form?" He asked as he looked surprised, earning another nod from Beomgyu.

"I tried to ask Jiseok but even he said that Gunil didn't get stuck in wolf form like this," explained Beomgyu as Kevin looked thoughtful.

"Does he have a chip?" Asked Kevin.

"No," responded Beomgyu as he shook his head. "Not that I'm aware of anyway," he added. "The government hasn't done anything that warranted him getting a computer chip," he explained.

"Can you cross over?" Asked Kevin. "I may need to get Eric over here to let them have a brawl out," he explained. "The only person who would be able to take Taehyun on and win would be Eric anyway," he added.

"You sure it's a good idea?" Asked Beomgyu as he turned to Taehyun who growled at the idea.

"Would you rather Eric come to you?" Asked Kevin. "Eric can't leave his territory for long anyway," he added. "No one wants to hurt you intentionally," he explained. "But knocking you out may get you to return to human form," he added.

Taehyun huffed, crouching down and stepping forward, eyeing Kevin who nodded.

"He'll come back in a few days, good as new," Kevin reassured Beomgyu who nodded. Kevin then changed, leading the way back to the pack house with Taehyun following after him.

 

~



"The chaos in the world right now is ridiculous," commented Woobin as he stood beside Kevin who was overseeing the brawl happening between Taehyun and Eric.

"The treasure box faction pretty much dissolved after Mashiho and Yedam decided to retire," agreed Kevin as he shook his head. "Berlin's almost in shambles, the factions are doing everything they can to keep things going," he added.

As the fight went on Kevin had gone silent, analyzing every move the two were making. He knew Eric could easily knock Taehyun out, but Eric was hesitating. "Quit playing around Eric," sighed Kevin as Eric gave him a pointed look before knocking out Taehyun and moving away, huffing as Taehyun returned to his human form. Kevin helped move Taehyun onto Eric's back before Eric left, heading towards the border of Russia to drop Taehyun off before heading home.

"Pushy," commented Woobin, earning a scoff from Kevin before Kevin turned to Woobin with a sigh.

 

~



Kevin looked up at the pendant that hung above his bed, huffing out a sigh as he was reminded of Juyeon. "I'm okay, okay?" He asked. "You don't have to worry about me," he added. "Just- I'm okay," he mumbled, closing his eyes.