From lab... to LOVE?

Second Chance

 

When Yong Hwa and Shin Hye arrived to their classroom, all of their classmates are cheering for them. Some of them are saying,

“Yong Hwa! You’re the big shot!”

“What a cute couple! Hwaiting!”

The two felt really awkward. They headed silently to their respective seats. Their biology teacher came in. They all kept silent, but still looking at them charmingly. Han-sonssaengnim announced that they will be choosing their own lab partners. Shin Hye looked at Min Ah and they both gave each other smiles. Yong Hwa, on the other hand, was hoping that Jong Hyun, Jung Shin or Min Hyuk would pick him. They smiled at him evilly. Min Ah raised her hand to pick first. Shin Hye knew her friend will absolutely pick her. Surprisingly for her, Min Ah didn’t. She called you instead and gladly agreed. you   definitely knew what Min Ah was trying to do. Since the class is odd-numbered, Han-sonssaengnim told that there will be one group of three. Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk quickly raised their hands. Yong Hwa looked at them in disbelief. Yong Hwa raised his hand.

“I pick… Shin Hye… if that’s ok with her. Shin Hye-ya, can you be my lab partner?”

And the crowd got wild. It’s as if they heard a guy asking a girl to be his girlfriend. The teacher was amused too.

“Ah, ne… Gwaenchanha.”

Shin Hye’s POV

I tried my very best not to blush or do anything stupid, again, consciously or not.

“Ya Shin Hye! Don’t assume anything! He just picked you because he doesn’t have much friends yet in the class.”

End of POV

They heard shrieks from here and there, but Min Ah had the loudest.

“That was unexpected!”

“Lab partner? He sounded asking her to be hislove partner. Kekekeke. Soooo sweet.” you

The teacher told the class to quiet down. They only did after a couple of minutes.

“Before doing our experiments, you must first know what instruments to use so we are not going to the lab yet. As for your first pair/group activity, identify the parts of the microscope. Write the answers on this sheet of paper. Pass it on.”

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa felt awkward while doing the task. They know there are lots of eyes watching at their every move, waiting for some signs of sweetness. They are careful not to have any body-contact with each other. Even though, they were the first to finish their task. They just sat down in their seats quietly. Their classmates are quite disappointed but they knew they are acting strange towards each other. At last, Min Hyuk and his group was the last one to finish. The teacher is so fast in checking their papers.

“Daebak, Shin Hye and Yong Hwa! You are the only pair who got it all right! See you next meeting, class.”

The teacher went out straight. Yong Hwa and Shin Hye smiled sheepishly at each other and made high-fives. They were caught off guard by their classmates.

“You’re too sweet towards each other.” Min Ah was teasing them both. Shin Hye and Yong Hwa blushed.

“Oooooh… Kekekeke.” The whole class felt giddy for them.

“What do you think we shall call them?” Min Ah was initiating another tease.

“Ya! Stop it Min Ah-ya!” Shin Hye shouted but the class didn’t care. Yong Hwa was just quiet on his seat.

“Uhm, how about the YongShin couple?!” you suggested cheerfully.

“Who votes for a yes?” Min Ah stood up but Shin Hye got a grip of her hand. Min Ah is just too strong so she was able to flip her grip and started counting for the raising hands.

“Majority wins! Congratulations to the both of you! You are now officially the YongShin couple!”

“YongShin hwaiting!!!” Everyone said in chorus.

Shin Hye wasn’t able to argue anymore for she was outnumbered. She just sat down feeling uncomfortable.

Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk are just sitting quietly at the back. They were a bit sad. The three just let out a heavy sigh.

“Hyung, are we really doing the right thing?” Min Hyuk asked the two.

“I don’t know. But, all I know is that it still hurts.” Jong Hyun sounded despondently.

“Aish! We’re going to be fine. Soon. Besides, we’re not doing anything.” Jung Shin just let out another sigh.