The One Who Owns Her Heart

Second Chance

 

Shin Hye’s POV

What is he trying to do? I really feel nervous right now. I reluctantly took out my piece of half-heart from my silver pouch. My heart is pounding really fast. Would it be him? Or Dong Hae oppa? Aish! I really blame the person who thought this kind of game for making me uneasy right now!

“Good! I already have mine too.” Dong Hae oppa said with delight.

I am quite sure I saw Yong Hwa frowned a little bit then he suddenly became tensed. Is he jealous? Forget it. Why would he be?

Dong Hae snatched my half-heart. A few seconds after, I saw a smirk in Yong Hwa’s face. I’m not really sure for flashing colourful lights are everywhere.

“Aish! It didn’t fit. Today might not be my lucky day, Shin Hye-ya.” Dong Hae oppa said with disappointment in his voice and face.

“Anyway, enjoy the night! See you around Shin Hye-ya. And you too, Yong Hwa-ya.”

“My turn.” Yong Hwa said with confidence. He is acting really strange. And it makes me feel uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable.

I can tell most of the people in the hall are looking at us. Suddenly, I heard a shriek. It was from you .

“Omo! It fits! YongShin for the win!!! Phew! That was close!”

It was followed by another shriek, from several girls. I glanced at them and saw Min Ah leading them. She really can’t keep her feelings on her own. She even got our other classmates to do it with her.

“Looks like I’m going to have you for the whole night.”

Yong Hwa didn’t mind the teasing. He just kept on smiling at me. And it mesmerized me. He’s really handsome tonight. OK. More handsome than in normal school days.

Suddenly, the colourful disco lights were gone. It became a little dim and only a spot light in the center of the dance floor was all we could see. From the party-Katy Perry songs, the DJ suddenly switched the music to a mellow one. It was ‘The Only Exception’ by Paramore.

“Make I take you to dance, Princess Shin Hye?” Extending his hand for mine to get.

Tell me I’m not dreaming. He really looks a like a prince to me. I can’t help but blush. I think I just melted after he said those words. I carefully held his hand. He squeezed it. His hand was warm.

Good thing a lot of people are already on the dance floor so that we wouldn’t be noticed. He puts his hands on my waist. I felt a little ticklish so I blurt a chuckle.

“Gwaenchasumnikka?” Yong Hwa asked me worriedly. It was his same reaction when he took me to the clinic. The time he was able to give me my second sign.

“Gwaenchanha. It’s just a little ticklish.”

I placed my arms around his neck. He just smiled.

“How does it feel to be the most beautiful girl in this room, Shin Hye-ya?”

I wasn’t able to speak. I just stared at him. He just smiled.

“I wish we can always be closer like this.”

Suddenly, my heart started to beat fast. Omo! Don’t tell me it’s…  the third sign! Aish! Fine. I admit. I like Jung Yong Hwa, at least to myself only. I’m not gonna tell it to him nor Min Ah. I’m the girl so he should be the first one to tell it. He then started to sing with the music too. It was soft enough to be heard just by the two of us. Damn! His voice is just… wow!

You, are, the only exception

You, are, the only exception

You, are, the only exception

You, are, the only exception

Oh and I'm on my way to believe in.

“Your voice is… amazing, Yong Hwa-ya. ”

“Ah… jinja? Gomawo.”

End of POV

 

Yoon-sonssaengnim and Han-sonssaengnim suddenly went to the stage and asked the DJ to lower down the music a little bit. All the people at the center went to back to their seats. Yong Hwa and Shin Hye went to one of the cocktail tables.

“Good evening everyone. Before you continue dancing, we would just like to give certain awards for those who captured our attention for this night’s event.” Yoon-sonssaengnim said enthusiastically.

“We all know how you waited and prepared for this day to come! We really appreciate all of your efforts. Gamsahamnida for coming here tonight!” Han-sonssaengnim was excited too.

“Now for the first award, The Stunning Award goes to… you !”

Shin Hye, Min Ah and the rest of their classmates are cheering for you . you   couldn’t believe what happened. you   almost tripped on the stage while getting the award. Luckily, you didn’t. you received the award with poise.

 “The Male Best Dressed Award goes to… Lee Jung Shin!”

“I knew it!” Jung Shin said confidently to Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk.

“Congratulations! We are proud of you, bro!” They made high-fives with each other.

“The Female Best Dressed is… Shin Min Ah!”

You congratulated her when they were on stage.

“The Face of the Night goes to… Lee Dong Hae!!!”

The two sonssanegnims joined the four winners. Everyone was taking a picture of them. Oh look at those smiles in their faces! They are really happy for this event.

“And now, back to the awarding session, we are going to announce the most important award of all.”

Suddenly, the spotlight went roaming around the hall. After a moment, it stopped. It’s where Yong Hwa and Shin Hye are standing.

“The King and Queen of Hearts go to Park Shin Hye and Jung Yong Hwa!!!”

Everyone cheered for them especially Min Ah and you .

The winning couple went bashfully to the stage to accept their crown. There go nonstop flashing lights.

Everyone is shouting for “YongShin! YongShin! YongShin!”

“I guess they are all happy for you. You even have a fans’ club now!” Yoon-sonssaengnim teased them.

“As for the two of you, you are going to dance in the middle of the dance floor.” Han-sonssaengnim lead the two down the stage and encouraged everyone to give them a big round of applause.

The music played by the DJ was ‘Enchanted’ by Taylor Swift. The two smiled while slowly dancing with each other. They remembered the time when they were sharing her earphones.

“I guess this is our theme song.” Yong Hwa told her. It was now Shin Hye singing to him.

This night is sparkling don’t you let it go

I’m wonder-struck blushing all the way home

I’ll spend forever wonderin’ if you knew

I was enchanted to meet you.