I Met You for the First Time

Second Chance

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

Finally, I’m back in Busan. It’s not that I don’t like Seoul but… Busan is my home. It’s laid-back here. Though I’m pretty much of the adventurous type. Good thing I was able to transfer where my childhood friends are studying. New school. New life. Luckily the school still accepted me though a month has already passed since the start of the school year. I was busy strolling around my new school to get familiar with it until I bumped into someone, accidentally.

“Mianhae. I wasn’t watching where I walk. Gwaenchasumnikka?”

Her hazel eyes are looking at me apologetically. I couldn’t help but look back closely. She’s beautiful. She’s very feminine.

“Uhm… Gwaenchanha… It was actually me who is absentmindedly strolling around the campus… Oh! Let me help you.”

I quickly swept her paper bag from the ground. She did the same. I touched her hand… unintentionally. It was soft.

“Gamsahamnida. I suppose you’re new here. I haven’t seen you before. Park Shin Hye-imnida. I’m on my second year.”

She politely extended her hand. We slowly shook hands. I also try to sound as polite as possible.

“You’re right. I’m a transferee and on my second year too. I came from Seoul. Jung Yong Hwa imnida.”

“Well then, see you around. Mianhae. I have to go. Welcome to Busan High!”

She said it cheerfully and smiled. She looked even prettier when she smiles. I smiled back.

“Gomawo. Walk safely.”

 

***

 

Shin Hye’s POV

My friends always ask me why I can’t date a single guy in school. They thought I was being choosy. Nah, I’m not like that. I’m just not into relationships, yet.

I was in the library when my phone vibrated. It was a message from Min Ah.

“I have to tell you something important. It’s a matter of life and death. Go to our classroom now. ASAP.”

I wonder what it is so I swiftly went on my way to our classroom but then, I suddenly bumped into someone.

He is pretty handsome—a guy with neat black hair, coal eyes, fair nose, thin lips, soft jaw line. I can’t help but notice the contours of his face while apologizing to him. He is a new face in the campus. I showed him my utmost courtesy so that he will feel comfortable in our school.

When I entered the classroom, everyone was busy chit-chatting. I immediately caught sight Min Ah. She looks fine. I sat on the seat on her left.

“Wae? What happened? What is it about life and death? You look perfectly fine.” I told her with a curious look.

“Shin Hye-ya! I saw another prospect for you!”

I couldn’t believe I hurriedly went to see her just because of this. I looked at her with disbelief.

“Just trust me on this one, Shin Hye, please?”

“Ya! Stop it! I’m not interested.” I tried to threaten her but it didn’t work as usual.

“But… He’s really handsome. I think he is a transferee.”

I look at her deadpan until I remembered something… someone, actually.