030

Private Message

"And when that guy hit the floor, everyone was gobsmacked Chanyeol!" Chen hollered as he threw his arms all over the place in his elaborate retelling of the story they had just lived out. Yixing seemed to be the only one truly interested in the recountment, wide awestruck eyes staring at his friend as he moved around with exaggerated motions.

"I know Chen," Chanyeol deadpanned, his lips curling as he tried to hold his laughter back. "I was there." He stood in the doorframe of Baekhyun's livingroom, having moved there after the smaller had retreated back upstairs to get changed into some pajamas after stuffing his face with the leftover food they had brought back from the party. 

Due to Baekhyun's insistence the eleven boys found themselves camping in the youngest's livingroom, as Baekhyun refused to allow them the opportunity to spend the night in a hotel. Sehun was delighted about the offer, having claimed that his wallet wouldn't be suffering throughout the night. Which is where they were now, currently gathering all the pillows and blankets in the house to place on the ground of the livingroom. 

Everyone had taken their suits and makeup off as the clocks on the walls of Baekhyun's home indicated that tight fitting clothing past 1 am in the morning was definitely not something to enjoy. As per Minseok and Tao's request, Baekhyun agreed to show them around Korea before they needed to head to the airport the following evening. A suggestion that Kyungsoo and Luhan had encouraged as long as they were given the opportunity of stopping at a K-pop store, their condition had obviously been met with numerous objections (mainly from their boyfriends) but one glare from Kyungsoo had them easily shutting their mouths. 

As a little more time than usual had passed since Baekhyun had last been in their company, Chanyeol took it upon himself to go in search of the smaller having found himself at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the bedrooms. "Baekhyun?" he called when he had arrived on the landing, his eyes glancing for the correct room. 

"Yeah?" the sweet voice of his crush called out to him like a siren beckoning him closer towards one particular door. As he identified himself as a gentleman, Cahnyeol politely knocked against the wood, waiting patiently for the smaller to grant him access to his room. When he did Chanyeol twisted the knob and stepped inside, not entirely sure what to expect. "Hi." he grinned, finding the boy sitting at the corner of his bare bed with a familiar looking teddy bear in his hand. 

"Hi." Baekhyun girnned back, waving the bear's hand with his own. Chanyeol remained by the doorway, finding himself a little uncomfortable in his crush's childhood room. His eyes naturally took in Baekhyun's appearance, finding his face bare of makeup and a large t-shirt covering draped against his shoulders with sweatpants tied against his waist. 

"And hello to you too." Chanyeol polietly bowed to the teddy bear, his gesture earning him a beautiful giggle from Baekhyun's lips. Baekhyun coaxed him over with a delicate pat to his bare mattress, the smaller offering out the teddy when Chanyeol was close enough to take it. "You know.." he began taking the plush into his hand. "You never did tell me his name." Chanyeol watched in awe as Baekhyun's cheeks grew red as he mumbled something under his breath. "What did you say?" 

"His name is Yeol." Perhaps now it was Chanyeol's turn to turn bright red, his eyes falling from Baekhyun onto the teddy bear in his hand. "He won't be sleeping with me tonight," he continues. "Luhan was too busy gathering materials for me that he forgot to pack a bear and since he needs to sleep with one I said he could use mine." 

"That's very generous of you." Chanyeol grinned, daring himself to raise his hand and ruffle the top of the bear's head. Baekhyun watched the exchange with a small smile on his lips, his mind working overdrive as images of a possible future with Chanyeol streamed into his frontal lobe. One that included marriage and children-

"Are you two ing or are you coming down?!" Sehun screamed, his should jolting the two boys from their thoughts. 

"Yah!" Baekhyun yelled, rushing towards the door of his bedroom. His sock covered feet stomping across the floor as he guided the teddy bear back down the stairs. "Oh Sehun you better run before I kill you!" 

Chanyeol remained in Baekhyun room for a moment longer, chancing another glance around while he still had the opportunity. The suitcase in the corner made a smile pull itself onto his lips as the thought of Baekhyun finally coming to live in the dorms finally became a reality. He looked forward to the idea of being able of climbing over the dormitory balconies to get to him, it would be a lot easier than having to cross an entire ocean again. 

"Chanyeol get down here, I'm hungry!" Jongin yelled from the bottom of the stairs, forcing Chanyeol to hasten his steps out of his crush's bedroom. 

"I'm coming!" 

~x~

Well they didn't last very long at all.." Chanyeol chuckled while glancong down at his wristwatch, the face blinking a 2:10am. So far everyone else had fallen into dreamland apart from himself and Baekhyun. 

"I'm honestly surprised they lasted this long, what with the the time-zones and all that." Baekhyun admitted with a shrug. He was in the middle of gathering up the snack packets to throw in the garbage, Chanyeol deciding to follow him close behind with the excuse of picking up the packets that fell from Baekhyun's grip. 

Once in the kitchen, Baekhyun dumped out the bundle of chip packets while Chanyeol busied himself with getting the water going in the sink so Baekhyun could immediately wash his hands after handling the bin. As his crush scrubbed his hands clean, Chanyeol slipped up onto the countertop of the kitchen island. 

"Thank you," Baekhyun mumbled, gaze fixatued on the sink as he continued to clean it, his left hand gently brushing against Chanyeol's lap. "for tonight I mean... I really apprecaited it."

"It was no big deal, I'm just glad that I could be here. After all we did have some fun before that happened..right?" 

Baekhyun finally found the confidence to look the giant in the eye again, his lips forming his signature smile as he gently bobbed his head in agreement. "You're right, it was a great night. Eventful, but great nonetheless." 

Chanyeol couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips. "Yeah, you have a point." 

"How's your hand?" Baekhyun wondered, fingers toying around with a dishcloth. 

"It's fine." Chanyeol attempted to smile.

While Baekhyun's gaze was locked on the dishcloth, the taller tried to discreetly pull his hand away from his lap. The bright blue bruises were far too dramatic to escape the prying eye, but Chanyeol still tried his best. When their gazes met the next moment, Chanyeol felt a shiver trail down his spine at the sight of Baekhyun's scowling face. 

"Give it." he declared, his hand out.

Chanyeol allowed his hand to retreat from behind his back and plop against Baekhyun's palm, the fluorescent lights above them illuminated just how badly Chanyeol's injuries were. Out of frustration, Baekhyun released a small 'tsk' before smacking his lips together as he carefully moved his right hand over the broken skin. 

"It's not broken so there isn't much we can do, but some ice can bring the swelling down." 

"No I don't need it, I'll be okay Baekhyun. I promise." 

"But-" 

"I'll feel much better with a kiss." The taller smirked, watching amused as Baekhyun's cheeks darkened in colour. 

"You want me to kiss your boo-boo? How old are you really, Channie?" 

"You know..." Chanyeol used their linked fingers to pull the boy closer. "I really like it when you call me that." 

Baekhyun couldn't stop the smile from forming on his lips as he held eye-contact with the silver haired giant. After a moment, his eyes trailed back down to their hands and before he knew it, Baekhyun had raised them to his lips and pressed a fleeting kiss against Chanyeol's bruised knuckles. 

"There." he declared, standing straighter. "All better." 

"Thank you." the giant responded, voice a little muffled as he stared into the sparkling orbs blinking back at him. 

"It was nothing, really." Baekhyun blushed, he quickly realised that he couldn't pull his hand away from the grip Chanyeol had on it. It wasn't as if he wanted to let go, it felt all too good. "Come on," he beckoned. "I want to show you something." 

Feeling a delicate pull on his hand, Chanyeol stepped down from the counter and allowed himself to be led to the backdoor and into the back garden. "What is there to show me?" he questions, having already recognised this area of the garden. "We were out here earlier...?" 

"Yes," Baekhyun responds with a glance over his shoulder. "But you only stood in the main garden, there is a special place I like to go." 

"And you're sure you're comfortable leaving your house in the hands of ten idiots?" 

"Hey!" Baekhyun shrieks, stopping for a moment to glare up at the latter. "One of those idiots is our son." While Chanyeol was left to comprehend what the youngest had just said, Baekhyun continued to drag him further into the garden. 

"You're not taking me here to kill me, right?" Chanyeol wondered, choosing to walk side by side with the smaller. 

"Not yet." Baekhyun laughed. His carefree giggle instantly brought up the mood as they passed through a small overhanging ivy branch revealing a beautiful alcove. "Out of every place I've ever been to in this country, this exact spot will be the hardest to leave behind." 

Chanyeol's eyes widened. A thick three stood tall and strong by one side of the wall, while flowers and grass covered the ground. A hammock was set up just below the tree. Chanyeol could tell why Baekhyun loved this place, it was quiet and away from anyone or anything. 

"And we're still close to the house so Wi-Fi is still in range." Baekhyun giggled, leading Chanyeol into the hole. The giant allowed their hands to fall as he watched amused as Baekhyun skipped over the hammock and clambour up with a small giggle slipping past his lips. "My grandmother created this place, she used to come and relax here while she painted. It was passed through the generations from my mum, to my older brother and I." 

"It's beautiful." Chanyeol grinned, looking through the tree branches above him. He released a gasp when he caught sight of the twinkling stars, winking back at him from their positions within the heavens. 

"That's another reason why I love it here." Baekhyun admitted with a contented smile. He laid himself back on the hammock. "I come here to clear my head all the time, it's actually where I came when I was figuring out how many points I secretly gave you..."

Chanyeol's head slipped down and focused on the boy next to him. "The Harry Potter points?" 

Baekhyun nodded, a small smile on his lips as he sat up hugging his knees close to his chest out of embarrassment. "Would you like to know where you are, now?" 

"I would." Chanyeol nodded, his palms growing clammy. "If you wouldn't mind telling me!" he quickly added as Baekhyun suddenly turned his attention to the taller's bruised hand again. 

"I think that you broke my scale of points Chanyeol." he answered, looking up at the taller with his big brown puppy-like eyes. The giant felt his heart flutter in his chest. 

They didn't know if it was because of the scenery, the stars above them or if it was just the incredible chemistry between them. But nothing stopped Chanyeol from leaning down and connecting their lips.