chapter 2

bloom (winrina)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

winter comes before spring

 

as a quiet friendless kid, it came as a surprise when she approached me again the next day. she was making small talk; asking me how i was doing, if my day was doing okay, did the bullies bother me after school, and more. i only answered as little as possible and gave the uniform back to her and was about to leave when she offered me lunch.

 

in my head, i badly wanted to ask why, but something stopped me. i’m not sure if it was her long hair that distracted me or was it the floral fragrance that trailed behind her? whatever it is, i was successfully distracted and was sitting at a table for two in the cafeteria, food already in front of me.

 

it felt uncomfortable when we were getting looks from everyone. well, it’s not a surprise anymore. they’re probably wondering who am i to sit with the granddaughter of the founder of our university. i’m asking the same thing.

 

we didn’t speak when we were eating but as soon as she finished her plate, she continued bombarding me with questions nobody has asked me before.

 

“why are you always alone? grandpa told me he notices you a lot, always walking alone everywhere, minding your own business, and not looking at anyone.” i wonder if she can see the eyepatch or not.

 

“uh… the eyepatch scares away the others. i don’t have friends either.” i immediately blurted out before i continued eating.

 

“what about it?” i stopped chewing and looked at her with a shocked expression.

 

what about it?

 

i was dumbfounded for a moment. all my life nobody dared to talk to me unless they need to because of this eyepatch yet… yet it’s nothing to her.

 

“don’t i look weird with it?”

 

my heart stopped at her answer.

 

“i think you’re pretty, saku.” i choked on my food and she fished out her water bottle from her bag.

 

no one has offered me their own water before.

 

"from now on, i'm going to be your friend even if you don't want to." my brain was screaming trouble but i ignored it.

 

“t-th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter