chapter 7

bloom (winrina)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

spring has come

 

saku was woken up by the sunlight directly on her eyes. maybe she forgot to close the window last night, she thought. she was too engrossed with haru’s story about a blind man walking aimlessly in the middle of the road causing traffic and a man following her in the subway. she didn’t hear how that story ended so she thought she’ll ask haru about it today. it’s crazy there, though some crazy things happen in korea as well.

 

luckily, the area they live in is mostly safe and crimes or unusual events rarely happen.

 

she stretched her arms then her small frame. she remembers falling asleep while haru was still talking on the other side. it was their first phone call as… lovers?

 

“i forgot to ask if we’re… we are in a relationship, right?” saku talked to herself but didn’t let her mind worry about it. she knows haru will say the words she needs to hear, and she’ll make sure that saku will feel better after.

 

the last thing she heard before succumbing to sleep was “goodnight saku, i love you.”

 

she felt her cheeks heat up from the memory of how haru said those words last night. she squealed into her pillow but was stopped by something that touched her eyebrow… her left eyebrow.

 

her life has improved immensely after meeting haru. she gained friends, real friends she hopes, and felt that life was getting better. she was genuinely happy with the change that haru brought in her life that she completely forgot about the consequences of what she’s experiencing right now.

 

she ran to the bathroom and was stunned to see the flower bud is now in full bloom.

 

the flower is in the color of white and pink. it almost covered most of her eyes but oddly enough, she still can see right through it. the petals were soft to the touch and she could smell something sweet.

 

she went back to her room in a hurry, cleaned up her bed and found the eyepatch. she wore it but the silhouette of the flower was evident. it looked weird and she’s now in panic.

 

“i have to see grandpa, i have to tell him.” as soon as she opened the door, her grandmother was in sight.

 

“what’s the commotion in there? are you alright, saku?” she bowed her head in a swift motion and uttered something along the lines of she was trying to find something.

 

“let’s go downstairs, breakfast is ready—what is that?? what?—” she stiffened in horror and slowly backed up against the wall. her grandmother took careful steps to approach saku and removed the eyepatch from her eye.

 

she gasped and saku flinched to her reaction. her grandmother tried to keep herself up but found her knees weak. saku rushed out to call her grandpa for her grandm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter