chapter 5

bloom (winrina)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

risking my sight

 

she asked me to go home with her, something she's always done since the day i won my battle with that bully. this time though, she left me on her bed and asked me to wait. what if we're still not okay? i haven't apologized yet, not a word has come out of my mouth since the hug from earlier and as time ticks away, the more i fill the pool of discomfort.

 

i decided to roam my eye(s) around her room. it feels as big as our living room, the high ceiling gives that illusion. her curtains are between white and beige if that makes sense, kinda close to dirty white. the walls are in soft indigo, making the curtains, bed, and furniture stand out. most of her clothes are white, beige, blue, red, and yellow. such a contrast to my mostly black closet. it's my way of blending in the crowd yet i still stand out because of this white eyepatch. the mattress is soft, as well as her comforter. her life must be comfortable based on her room alone.

 

"i'm back~" she said in a sing-song manner. have i gushed over her voice yet? no? well, here goes nothing.

 

her voice is coffee and milk. there are times that it's too strong for my liking; 70% coffee, 30% milk. i hear this when she's fighting for something, in a debate, or simply telling an intense story. sometimes, there'd be too much milk, and everything that comes out of feels light. her random observations around us, with a small gasp whenever a cat is around, you get the picture.

 

but, i like it most when it's rare; when there's an adequate amount of coffee and milk mixed together. those times are when she's warm and welcoming, calm and collected, loving and caring.

 

and i never hear her talk to others like that other than me. that thought makes me feel important.

 

"haru, are we okay? like completely okay now?" i asked as soon as she planted herself beside me.

 

"yeah, why? is something still bothering you?" she said after chewing the biscuits in .

 

"i never said the reason why i said that... i also haven't apologized yet." she pondered for a moment.

 

"i know you have your reasons and it's fine with me if you don't want to share it yet or don't share it at all. i respect you and your decisions. plus, you came back so... i'm okay now." i don't understand but that made me feel more drawn to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter