chapter 6: part two

bloom (winrina)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

eventually falling

 

"haru, my favorite grandchild!" the old man greeted her as soon as she got out of the car. the 14-hour flight showed on her face. she mostly slept and read books to pass the time. the boredom almost made her wish she didn't go to the states with her mother.

 

"i'm your only grandchild, grandpa. i missed you." they shared a warm embrace, a nostalgic one for haru since the last time they saw each other was 7 years ago. the bodyguards that her grandfather insisted to assist her went upstairs with her luggage. she sighed as she remembered fighting with her mom before leaving.

 

"i was surprised when you wanted to stay with us and study here. what made you change your mind?" her grandmother asked while pouring her a cup of tea. should i tell them the truth?

 

"i just prefer life here, i grew up here anyway. plus, i want to spend time with the both of you." that statement earned a smile from her elders. it was true, but also a lie.

 

the truth is... she wanted to escape the chaos happening back home. her mother caught her father cheating with multiple women, and let's just say that their fights are overbearing. but she didn't have the heart to tell her grandparents, the news would break them. they finished dinner and her grandparents left her. she insisted she stays on her own so she'll learn how to be more independent than she already is.

 

having a grandfather that is a school founder gave haru a more significant advantage than most students. she got enrolled in a snap and now she’s in her grandfather’s office, fixing her bowtie in front of the mirror. she loves having a uniform than thinking of a new outfit for school every single day. uniforms can trick minds into thinking that we should adhere to the rules and be on our best behavior.

 

“hey, haru, see that girl?” her grandpa has been looking out the window and observing the students of his university.

 

“what about her?”

 

“i see her everyday and she’s always alone, always in her own world. it’s as if she doesn’t care about her surroundings or the people around her. i’ve never seen her hang out with anyone before. but what intrigues me the most…” he paused to see if haru was listening and she is, still not taking her eyes off of the student.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter