Enlighten Things

Love Policy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“So what the do you want me to do? Do you want me to divorce you then?”


“That’s the best way to settle this. Go on tell them the truth tomorrow and tell them we are going to get a divorce in a matter of time. Gain back what you lose. You deserve so much better. Your future is brighter and clearer if I’m not in the frame. You are better by yourself”


“Lee Hanna! Do you even know what you’re saying?” Sehun shouted while retreating his hand that was long in Hanna’s hold. Hanna had her head hung low. Too afraid to look at Sehun’s eyes now. She used to see Sehun’s temper to everyone else but not to her directly. This is the first. Knowing Sehun for almost 10 years now, the side that he had every time they are together are the fun and easy going one. But now, Sehun the joker is no longer present at the moment.


“Marriage is not something that you can just decide to do it today and end it whenever you want it. Marriage is a serious deal”


“But you marry me out of—”


“When I decided to marry you, its not just words. It’s a promise. Not the promise that we make each  time when you are drunk. It’s the promise that we made in front of everyone. The vow itself, doesn’t it mean anything to you?”


“But I thought you were into this just to—”


“Is marriage is that easy to you? Is it so easy for you to let go?” Sehun asked her. Anger still filled his entire system. Hearing Sehun makes Hanna went speechless. 


“Hun-ah”


“Don’t you ever mention about divorce again, Lee Hanna. I warned you” Sehun left her standing alone in the room. Feeling so lost.


What did he just said just now? What did he means by the thing he just said? Is this marriage really a big deal to him? She thought it was just something he do to save her face?


…..


Hanna finished cooking dinner in a matter of time. After that argument they had, Sehun never left his room. It was pretty late for them to have dinner but they still need to eat something. They had a really long day. And just like how her mother always told her, a good homemade meal after a long and tired day is just like a vitamin to one soul.  Not to made the hard day we went through feels better but at least its something that lighten up someone mood and replenishes one energy to the fullest so that we can face tomorrow with a new spirit. 


Hanna walk pass living room as she head to his room. Hanna knocked on it, slow. 


“Hun-ah… Dinner is ready.” There was silenced for a moment before Hanna decided to open on his door. And there he is. Sleeping soundly on his bed. Hanna enter the room with a light step and went to his bed. She sit on the empty space besides him before she rested one elbow on the bed just to have a close look on him. Afraid that he was just trying to pull a prank on him. 


“Are you really sleeping?” Hanna asked while waving her hand over his sleeping face. She smile at her own thought just now. Who would prank someone after a fight right? No way he’s gonna do that. Hanna then horizontally slept on his bed, back facing the ceiling, forming a T letter with their position, with her legs up in the air. Her head was near his chest, she used her own hands as pillow as she stare at Sehun’s face.


“I’m sorry Hun-ah. I thought this marriage meant nothing to you. I was just trying to protect my own self from another rejection while you are busy protecting me. I was afraid thinking that you might gonna ask for a divorce, that’s why I said it first. It will hurt less that way. But even if you do, I would totally understand your coming. We are just friend anyway. And you did what you did for a friendship sake, you were saving me from a lifetime embarrassing moment. I want to thank you for that. But Hun-ah. Please don’t risk your own life just for that friendship sake. If you ever lose anything just because of this relationship we are having, I will forever live in regret. Regret that I ruined your life for good. I don’t want that. I want you to go after your dream. I know that your current life you are living is the life that you have been dreaming on to live since forever. And I want you to keep doing that. Don’t halt yourself from it just because of a loser like me Hun-ah” Hanna said. Fully in whispered tone. Hanna was ready to leave the bed when Sehun suddenly hold her back down. Shocked by what he did, Hanna slammed her face on his sturdy chest. Looking straight at each others face, silence filled the air. Hanna could hear his heart beat loud and clear and it was beating fast underneath her ears and that makes Hanna’s heart doing the same. Realizing how awkward their position is, Hanna back off from him as she stand straight right away. 


“Dinner! Humm its ready. If you wanna eat—”


“Let’s go. I’m hungry” Sehun cut her off and went out of his blanket. He acted like nothing happened and walk out of the room as fast as he could. 


During dinner, no one even say anything. And when they finished their dinner, Hanna was ready to clean the table but Sehun’s hand stop her.


“I will do it. I will clean it. I will do the dishes. Just go have a rest. You haven’t gotten yourself any rest since morning.” Hanna look at him but he was clearly avoiding eye contact with her. Hanna didn’t say anything back. Instead, she was ready to leave kitchen area when she heard Sehun says.


“I’m sorry for yelling at you. I will do the press conference tomorrow but I want you to stay at home. I will tell them the half truth about us. I will not risk this marriage, your life or my own life. I will do it in a safe way possible. So don’t go anywhere tomorrow. They might come to you too knowing that I go alone. Don’t leave this house until I’m home. I need to talk to my coach tomorrow too, so it might gonna take some time. Just wait patiently for me at home” Sehun said while holding on a plate of side dishes on his right hand. He look at her but just for a few second before he walk towards the sink. 


………


Hanna sit lazily at home. Sehun has left for 30 minutes and that feels like forever to her already. Anxious filled her when she thought about the press conference. What will he tell them? What story will he created in order to convince everyone? What will happen after this? Hanna scrolled on her phone while waiting for a live stream for that press conference thingy on his agency’s page. A few more refresh, and there he is. Looking so charismatic with a suit and sunglasses on. Sitting next to him is a lady in a light pink shade dress. Jenny. 


“Oh Sehun, what’s the purpose of this press conference?” the question-answer session started right away. Sehun seems calm and in his relaxed mode while Jenny look busy with all the paper in her hands.


“it was to clear all the rumors and speculation regarding my marriage, my wife and everything related to it. First of all, yes, we do held a private wedding and that’s because I do not wish to expose my wife to the media since she’s not from this industry. There’s so much  thing I need to consider. Her privacy and her safety. Since I know a thing or two on how this industry work, I’m protecting her mental health from anything that could affect her daily life. Second is regarding the speculations that says that she’s pregnant and that it is the sole reasons why we had a shotgun wedding is a baseless rumor. Since my career is still in its beginning stage, I don’t think we are expecting little one just yet. The wedding was held in rushed because it was a last minute call but thankfully we managed to have things going smoothly at the end.” Sehun paused. He let the reporter to ask him a question first.


“What about the rumors saying that you weren’t the real groom, you are just in there to save her, which I believe is your long time best friend from high school? I got the actual wedding invitation here with me that says it was the wedding of Lee Hanna and Kris Wu? Can you explain this in detail?” 


Hanna’s heart just jump out of her chest hearing that. How did they manage to find those thing in the first place?? 


“About the invitation card, I must say that it was on purpose. We had it print using her sister’s boyfriend’s name just to not gain attention from anyone. The real invitation cards that has my name on it was given to the closest family member only”


“Your rugby team… they didn’t seem to know anything about this?”


Sehun smirk at another reporter’s question. 


“That was because… they have been told not to  say anything regarding this. What I really plan is for no one to know that I’m married. I go through everything I could possibly think of just to have this wedding unspoken. I just didn’t know how the media could get a hold of this news. Did you guys use sorcery?” Sehun grin making the sea of reporters in front of him laugh at their competitiveness. 


“the party among our friends will be held separately. Since I now know that I couldn’t hide anything from you guys, I will just let you guys know the details regarding it after this, this time. But sadly to inform you guys that media still couldn’t get access to the party. I had a beautiful wife, I have to be overprotective of her. Its normal right? Please tell me its normal guys” he said out of humor and the media laugh at his fun side


“Jenny, what do you think about his status now? Will it effect the agency in any way possible?”


Jenny cleared before grabbing on the mic with a smile.


“Well I must say that his status did change on our client’s perspective. A few of them had withdrawn their contract. But what can I do. Sehun is a normal human being too. Its our fault for not stating anything regarding marriage because we never thought that he would get married this early right?” Jenny laugh.


“ But still, its his decision and we do believe that if we lose something, something better will come on our way. So all I can do is pray hard so that we wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter