A chance

Love Policy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Throwback on how they become friends. From 10 years ago

It was the usual school day for Hanna. Her morning seems fine with her parents getting ready for works and she was helping her sister getting dress for school too. Hanna leaves her house with her bicycle like any other day. The school is not that far from her home. Just 10 minutes cycling distance. 


When she reached school, the first thing  she always do is getting herself out of school bully’ eyes. Like always, she will go to the back of the school hall, where students rarely goes to, looking for a place to hide herself while waiting for classes to start. Hanna lean her back on the old and cracked hall’s wall where she finally sigh in relieve for not bumping into anyone today. She took out her handy notes, to do some quick revised for todays mathematic quiz. 


“Look what I found here. A rotten princess trying to escape me. You really did try hard huh?” it was the rugby team’s captain. Oh Sehun aka her most hated person in school for being such a pain in the for her. Hanna ignored him as she focus her eyes back to her note which makes the guy feels furious by her ignorance. 


“Hey! I’m talking to you!” he said while snatching the notes away from her. She finally lifted her face to meet with his eyes. Giving him a rolled side eyes, she stand straight as she confront him with an annoyed face.


“Just give me back my note Oh Sehun!” she said. With a slightly annoyed tone that he easily noticed. 


“Wow! Talking back to me now? What are you doing here? Do you even know that this place, no one ever came here?” he asked her. Obviously trying to gain her attention. Hanna had her hands wrapped on her chest, eyes turns to blankly stare at the tree on her right, ignoring him.


Sehun saw her cocky attitude and smirks. This girl really is on another level. If he could easily scares the out of other students that he frequently harassed, she is different. Every time he does something, she always fight back. Even after knowing that she will always lose to him, but she always did, without failure, fought hard for herself. And that’s makes Sehun feels curious each day, to what way she will used to go against him today.

 
Sehun take a step closer to her while looking at her with a smirk. Hanna ignored his presence, trying to act tough whenever she was force to face this kind of situation, she will never back down easily


When Sehun is close enough to her body, he stop his step, eyeing her face which now started to show interest in his existence. But still, she didn’t turn to face him at all. Sehun place a finger on her chin, pulling her face to look at him which Hanna immediately shake it off of her face, making Sehun grin at her response. 


They are standing so close to each other that Hanna could literally feel his heavy breath on her hair but she’s trying her best to show him her calm self. To make sure he knows that she’s not like any other girl who would beg him easily

 
“Do you even know that, right now, if I ever do anything to you, no one would know. No one will come to save you. You really did a good job finding a perfect hideout for this purpose. Do you even realized that?”  he asked her. Trying to sent chill to her body. Hanna turn to look at him right in his eyes. 


“Now I got your attention? Aww. I really did great today am I?” Sehun take a step closer while Hanna started to loose her hands that were wrapped on her chest a while ago. She step back one after another, distancing herself from him. But not long after that, her back finally met a dead end when she ended up leaning on the wall behind her. Sehun chuckles. 


“Did reality hit you yet? Because you started to look anxious now. Are you scared baby?” Sehun asked her but its sounds more like a threatening words to her than just a simple question that he randomly throw at her. Sehun right hands quickly landed on her neck as he try to strangulate her. Hanna hold onto his hand with both of hers, trying to pulled out his hand from choking her neck. And each time Hanna tries, Sehun would use more force onto her making Hanna chokes on her breath. 


“Hun, let—coughing—go! You hur—hurts me!” Sehun frantically laugh as he heard her. 


“that was the main purpose! To hurt you! How dare you to try to humiliate me each and every day with your rotten attitude! You never listens! Should I give you a lesson so you could learn to behave the next time you see me?”

 
“Oh Se—coughing—I cant breath.” Hanna used her remaining strength left in her to try to make him stop but Sehun grin at her instead. Feeling satisfied seeing her begging him like this and when he saw Hanna gasping hard for air a few seconds later, Sehun finally let her go. Hanna fall knees down on the ground with her hand on her neck, holding on to where he put his pressure on just now, she was gasping for air, trying to filled herself up with oxygen again while coughing hard. 


“The reasons why I go easy on you all this while is just because I never got this kind of chance but you did great today. You found a very nice place for me to gifted you this. So the next time I see you, I hope to see you fix your attitude. I hope this one could knock some sense into you to never go against me ever again” 


With that, Sehun left her there. Alone. 


When Hanna saw Sehun left, the tears she was holding in finally pour down her cheeks freely. Her body started to trembling hard. Hard enough to make her choke in between her tears. Hanna ended up spending the first period sitting there, calming herself down before she finally started to gather up all of the strength left in her to stood back again.


The class went well with Hanna’s mind went all over the place. She couldn’t even focus on her quiz even when she had studied hard for it.  The recess hour came and she didn’t even bother to leave her seat. Being a lone ranger since forever, she couldn’t even share about what happened to her to anyone. Feeling tired and sore, Hanna ended up fallen asleep on her desk. 


“Hanna-ah~” a whispered of her name could be heard right on her left ear. Hanna wake up groggily to the sound and was startle when she saw Sehun’s face just a few inches away from hers. Her eyes widen to the sight of a grinning Sehun. She lifted her head from her desk and the sudden move makes her sore neck started to kick in her nerves and the pain shot up to her head as she scrunched her face, squinted her eyes, trying to bear the pain.


“Oh baby, does it hurt too much? Do you want me to blow on it?” Sehun said in a singsong and sarcastic tone. Hanna looked at him both in disbelief and disgusted written all over her face. Sehun noticed that. He was beyond furious. Look like the lesson he gave to her, she ended up with not learning anything in return. Sehun got out of control when he suddenly grab a fist of Hanna hair and drag her out of class. But unbelievable to him enough, Hanna didn’t even protest nor says anything. Not a single sound came out of . He just let him do her to his please which make Sehun pissed off more. The other students there just stood in silence while Sehun does that to her. Not even a single soul help her. 


Sehun brought her to the rooftop where the other guys from the rugby team always hang out every time they had a spare time. Mostly during recess and after school. The boys was taken a back with what they saw when Sehun aggressively pushed her to the hard floor. He chuckles as he saw her expressionless face. The other boy went to him as they think of Sehun’s move is too bizarre to just let him do that to a helpless girl. 


“Yah, Sehun! You have gone too far with this. She’s just a girl. You never hurt a single girl before. What’s wrong with you?” one of his rugby team, Yixing said while holding him down with his hand on Sehun’s chest. Sehun look at Yixing with a death glare. 


“Move! I had things I need to settle with this !” he said. That’s also when Hanna’s eyes look at him with disgusting feeling crept into her whole body. Sehun charged towards her instantly but Yixing managed to hold him up that he ended up getting a hard punch on his face by Sehun. Sehun grab on Hanna’s collar as he lifted her up, standing in front of him. Just when he was about to land a fist on Hanna’s face, he stop miraculously when he saw Hanna didn’t even flinch a bit by his move.


 Luhan, the other guy quickly pulled Hanna out of Sehun grasp and brought her away from Sehun’s eyes. 


“Are you okay?” Luhan asked her when he’s sure Hanna is safe from Sehun now. Hearing Luhan’s question makes her broke down into tears. She squatted down, holding onto her trembling knees with both of her arms, she cried all she wants. Luhan let her express herself all  she want with him watching over her. He sigh as he was so disappointed with Sehun. How can he ever think of harming this innocent and weak soul? He never do this to any other girls students. But why Hanna out of all people?


The final bell finally rang, Hanna weakly took her backpack with her to went home. Today sure is a very long day for her. Her sore body need a rest. She really hope that she can be home without anymore drama waiting for her for today. She really need peace. She walk to her bicycle and noticed that she got a flat tire. That much is in her expectation already so she just walk home, leaving the bicycle behind. She really had no energy left to even care about that. With her chin tucked to her chest, she walk slowly until she managed to see her house’s front door right in front of her eyes and she finally could sigh in relief. No more drama, at last. She widely open the door and walk into it before rings of phone could be heard from her living room. She rushed to it and quickly picked up the call.


Sehun saw her walk into her house. He smirk as he walk closer to that front door. He  was about to knock on the door when Hanna suddenly open the door from inside, banging him onto it  before she frantically run outside with no trace of shoes on her feet. 


“Yah Lee Hanna!” Sehun shouted to her, obviously mad. But Hanna didn’t even turn to him at all, instead, he saw her running towards the main road where she started hailing on random cars that passes by. Sehun followed her step as he was curious of what she was actually doing.


Before he could even get near her, Sehun saw her get into a taxi that stop right in front of her. Sehun run to catch up to her and luckily another taxi stop just right after hers and Sehun hurriedly went in.


“Follow that taxi, please, ahjusshi”.


A few minutes into the ride, Sehun saw a hospital building in front of him and Hanna obviously headed to that particular building. And when the taxi stop in front of an emergency area, he saw her running into that building leaving the door of the taxi she just hopped off unclosed. 


“Student! You haven’t paid yet!” her driver shouted. Sehun’s curiosity is on his max level now. What could have possibly happened for her to acted like this? Sehun paid for his own fare and for hers too before he went inside. The same direction of where Hanna headed to. There, he saw Hanna standing in front of two police officer before she fall hard on the floor, crying, hard and loud. Sehun just stand there in confused. The two officer then squatted down to reached for her shoulder and gave her a gentle tap on it. The whole building could hear her wailing at that time and she gather all of people’s attention by doing that. A few of the crowd seems to wipe their teary eyes seeing her like that. The nurses there started to go to her and tried to calm her down before she finally got up and walk to a corner where there’s two bed with covered bodies could be seen and Hanna stood in between the two and started screaming and calling for the two which Sehun could hear her loud and clear. She’s calling for her mom and dad. Sehun froze. 


Hanna had been absent from school for three days now. Sehun just couldn’t take his eyes off from her empty seat without thinking about the scene he saw the other day. His heart felt heavy each time he think of it. As if he just got stabbed and the wound was left unattended, he felt suffocated and out of breath.


“Whoever feels like visiting Hanna’s parents funeral today, could do so after school hours. I encourage you all to give her some support and help her gone through this hard moment together. Together we prays for her parents’ soul to rest in peace and safe journey to their new beginning” Ms Song, their homeroom teacher said while clasping on her both hand and closing her eyes to pray. The other students started doing the same but Sehun just couldn’t stand his anxious heart anymore. He started running outside, leaving his class. 


He take a slow step in to the hall where the funeral was held.  He stand there watching peoples going in and out of the hall, wearing all black and there, he saw her standing at the corner of their altar. Wearing her black sangbok with a white ribbon clipped on her hair, she looks so haggard with her swollen and pale face. She look so fragile to his eyes now. 


When an older man came to her, Hanna was seen leaving the altar with her weak step. Sehun followed her silently. She walk toward a room and close the door behind her. Sehun stood there, waiting for her from behind that door until her next move but the next thing he heard immediately makes his heart ache. Hanna loud cried and instant sobbing makes him feels edgy. Thinking back at what he did to her on that same day that her parents died, thrown him out of this world with guilty and regret. If only he chose not to give her a hard time that day…


Days after days, Sehun would frequently drop by in front of her house. In hopes to see her progress. But instead, she was seen frequently leaving the house and ended up going to the same hospital. And that’s when he know about her little sister’s existence. The only person who survive the incident is her little sister, Lee Hanni. And from now on and forward, she’s Hanna’s responsibility. Sehun just couldn’t bring himself to stand in her shoes. If he’s the one who gone through this, he don’t think he would survive this with stable mental health. But looking at Hanna, she still could smile to her little sister, entertain her with her wounded heart self. How can she be this strong? to went through all this looking so fine?


Weeks after the incident, Hanna finally got back to school. That’s too, for her to sit on her final exam before she could finally graduate. To everyone surprise, Hanna first day at school look like her usual school day before the incident.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter