10. The Doubt and The Punishment

Love Policy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want you think about it deeply and find the answer in yourself. I dont want you to regret things. I dont want you to look back and thought that this is something you should do because the truth is, i dont want you to force thing to yourself because of someone else, because of me. I want you to think about you and no one else."

Hanna look down to where their hands were intertwined. She flicks on his fingers as she was in a deep thought herself. And with a husky voice, Hanna asked him with a heavy heart,

"What with a sudden deturn? I thought we were good. With what happened, before Kris called me this morning, i thought we were fine. Is it because of what happened this morning? Is it because of what i said? I'm sorry i hurt you but please understand that it was a shocked for me to know about what happened that night after so long. I was in dark with Kris's sudden changed of behaviour after that night and knowing it without any warning makes me fall into shocked and those words didnt mean anything, Hun"

Sehun sigh heavily. As heavy as how his heart is feeling right now. Sehun let their hands go and thats when Sehun felt a gush of emotional feeling creeping inside him. All the thought he had while drinking at the bar just now came rushing into his mind. And that left him in tears.

"But just so you know that sometimes words from an irrational thinking is what cames from the heart. You werent thinking right. You just say whats in your heart. That is the fact. And the fact that you said those thing this morning must have means something. I was too blinded by the love i have in me for you that i ignored the fact that we got married out of love. And to actually go from zero to something like what we have before the call, maybe i have taken things too fast. Maybe i was in this alone all this while. Just maybe that everything that happened between us before this is just a momentary feeling you had for me because i was there. When you really need someone, when you are at your lowest, i was there. Isnt it..?"

Hanna notice the sudden change on his tone and his voice. How shaky it is. How vulnerable he is right now towards this matter. And that left her in tears as well. 

"And what? Will you... end the... marriage if... if it really is like how you thought it is?" Hanna said trying so hard to swallow in her sobs in between the sentences. And so did Sehun. But he might hide it way better than Hanna did.

"If its Kris that you want, i might consider ending this marriage if you want. " Sehun answered with so much contemplation. 

He wipe his own tears away in one swipe with his thumb while having himself turn away from facing her directly. He didnt want to let it show. He bit his lips hard to control the tears from coming. 

To actually say thing he didnt want to, is hard. When his whole heart want to defend and fight for this marriage, to actually thought that this also might make him see the end of the marriage is heartbreaking. But nonethelessly, he cant be selfish. He's aware about that.

"But you just asked me to give you a chance so we could start anew not too long ago. And now, you came out with this decision?"

Hanna walk closer to him, trying to have an eye contact with him but he avoided it smoothly. 

"I was too selfish to not ask you what your heart really want at that time. It was a dumb decision i ever made. I shouldnt do that when you clearly just got out of a painful relationship." He said in a single breath. He walk away from Hanna. Trying to distance himself from her.

"What was the answer i gave you at that time Oh Sehun? Didnt i committed to this too? I said yes to you. I was willing to start a new life with you. I was willing to give you my best shot for this marriage to work."

"But still, Hanna-ah. The timing of everything seems off now. Everything seems like it was for the benefits of a one person, which is me!" He paused.

"Looking back, i didnt give you a proper chance for you to have your own life. You were living the life that i chose for you. To marry me, to risk yourself and your private life being exposed to the public, to the media. I didnt think about what you might feel at that time. I didnt let you choose your own life. Yes, what i did was to save you. But that was just me, i never asked you about how you are feeling with what im doing. I expected it to be fine but turns out, it was just me. Cant you see where i'm standing now? I have been ignoring your feeling all this while and i think this is the right time for me to have you decide your own life."

Hanna walk to him again. She make sure she held onto his hands now. She didnt want him to avoid her eyes anymore.

"I have choosen you. Isnt that enough? Everything that i said this morning, i'm sorry that i hurt you. I'm sorry that i make you question your heart this hard. But Hun-ah, please dont walk away from me. Please dont give up on me." That moment, they were both in tears and sobs. They just couldnt hold it in anymore. And Sehun's tears is going wild when Hanna suddenly cup his face with her hand and she bring his face closer to hers. An inch away from each other, Sehun had his hands on hers, stopping her from going even further and it makes her feel confused and lost at the same time.

"Let just say that i need to take some time off okay? I truly believe we could figure something out while we are at this. You will start working tomorrow right? Why dont you have some good sleep now, and i will drive you to work tomorrow okay?" Sehun said with a faint smile. Tears could still be seen on the bream of his eyes. They lock eyes for a few seconds before Sehun lean in to leave a gentle smooch on her forehead before he then brush her hair softly and sharing gaze with her again, after.

"Hun-ah..." Hanna tried to say something but Sehun manage to cut her words off.

"If you need anything i will be in the living room okay?" Sehun turn around right away after that.

Hearing Sehun said that, Hanna immediately had his arm in her grip. Stopping him from walking away from her. Sehun turn around halfway and Hanna said

"You didnt give me choices do you? You came to me talking about choices and everything and here you are, deciding things on your own again." She said while pulling his body to fully stand properly in front of her. And when he did, she slips her arms onto his waist, she pull him in for a warm hug. While she rested her head on her sturdy chest, while listening to his heartbeat, Hanna said to him.

"Hun-ah. I was the stupidest person on earth for not realizing your worth from the very beginning. I'm so sorry that it turned out this way. If time is what you think i need, i will use it wisely to have you to believe in me. I will make you believe that your choice and my choice is headed towards the same direction. But Hun-ah. Dont turn your back on me, dont push me away too far from you... i'm afraid i will miss you too much. You laugh, your jokes, your smile, your warmth, even better, your love. I needed those. They were my everyday pills. I will try hard to convince you that i never made a careless choice nor you forced me into this. I will prove it to you that all those years that we have spend together as a friend is enough for me to look at you, to accept you as a man now. The step we are taking isnt too fast. The feeling i had for you isnt new either. I used to love you once. And you failed to make me fall out of love with you completely. Plus, you tried extra hard to show yourself differently to me after we were married so it wasnt that hard to fall for you over and over again. Because you have always been a good giddy guy in my life. Minus that one guy i knew at school, of course" she said and she laugh it all off. She could feel his stiff body just now got soften in her arms now. 

"Other than that, you are a loveable guy. Why wouldnt i want you when everyone elses want you as their man. I wouldnt throw away my good luck to have my best friend as my husband, my life partner. Dont you think so? Hmm?" She continued and at the end of the sentences, she lifted her face up to search for his eyes. She look into his eyes, long. Long enough that it makes her heart beat out of rhytm. His gaze never failed to do so. She smiles sweetly before she then tiptoed a little bit to steal a quick peck on his lips. 

Despite the sudden act, he did not react. Doubt fills his heart.He just look at her in disbelief at how mischievious she can be at times. 

"Sleep in your room. I will squeeze myself into Hanni's room for tonight." Hanna said as she pulled out of his arms. Slowly, without losing eye contact, Hanna walk out of the room with a smiles. 

......

Hanna woke up the next morning. Hanni is still in a deep sleep despite the tantrum she throw at her for violating her privacy by sleeping in her room. Hanna smirk at the sounds of her snoring hard. 

She chuckles and glances at the time on her phone. It was 6 in the morning and she need to get to work before 7. So she silently left Hanni's bed to get to Sehun's room to have a shower and all of her clothes and things were in there. Standing in front of Sehun's door, her hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter