The Promise

Love Policy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanna walk out of the hall, crying. She was embarrassed. The day that was supposed to be her big day, turns out to be the most embarrassing day ever to her. Her groom left her, not for anyone else but for her own sister. She was betrayed. By one and only family that she ever have. By the one that she trusted the most. She gave them love, she gave them everything she ever had, and now she was left with nothing. Her money, her new house that was  supposed to be their newly wedded home, she used all of her saving for that and now she had no money, no place to stay. How to explain this to 300 guest that’s still waiting? Her relatives, her friends, her colleague, everyone. Hanna try hard to stop the tears. She try to hold her breath. She try to take a deep breath. She try to walk back and forth while distracting herself with reciting every country name in the world and when it lands on Switzerland, she burst out crying again thinking about the honeymoon package that she spend her money on and now she cant go anymore. 


“Hanna…” someone call for her from her behind. It was her best friend, Oh Sehun. Hanna turn to look at him with her puffy eyes. The two just look at each other for a few second before Hanna started trembling, sobbing hard. Sehun take a few steps closer to her and immediately put her in his arms. Sehun soothes her back with her left hand while the right one were holding her on her waist. 


“Sehun ahh… What should I do Sehun ahh” Hanna bawled her eyes out when he did that.  The tears and the cries that she has hold in since she first knew about the two, its pouring out right away when she saw him. Sehun didn’t say a word. Instead, he just let her goes all out in his arms. It lasted for a couple of minutes and he let her out of his arms when Hanna finally calmed down.


Sehun put his hands on her shoulders and lean his head down a little to match her eyes. He look at her tentatively.


“Lets go in there” Sehun said into her eyes. But Hanna bobbed her head immediately.


“is the promise we made to each other still valid?” Sehun asked her with grin drawn on his face. Trying to put an idea on her. She scrunched her face right away, knowing what he was talking about.


“That was just a stupid me making nonsense promise Sehun. You know that~” Hanna said in a singsong voice. Now, its Sehun who bobbed his head lightly to her. 


“The promise. It was made for a reason. And I’m here to keep mine” he said.


“Hey… look at me… do you have any better idea?” He asked her. Hanna had her head looking down. 


“You have a future ahead of you. Who am I to ruined it all. It would be so selfish of me if we do that. This is too crazy. I cant—"


“I heard yes in those word. Lets go then” Sehun grab on her wrist and pulled her along while he walk coolly towards the hall’s door. Hanna was flustered at the moment. She didn’t have the right words to say to him nor she can deny his help right now.


…..


“So what’s your plan after this” he asked her. The wedding has ended. In front of 300 guest who’s witnessing the vow, they both are now a husband and wife, officially. Hanna ended up in Sehun house since she no longer has a place to stay. Sehun is currently in his kitchen, exploring his fridge while Hanna sat herself on a long black sofa that she chose herself when Sehun move into this house. She was scrolling on her phone, trying to find out if Sehun’s life has ended up being ruined by her yet or not.


A few seconds in, and there it is. Dozens of articles floated on her screen.


-South Korea Rugby Captain, Oh Sehun: Married?


-Captain of South Korea Rugby Team, Oh Sehun tied the knot with his high school sweetheart


-Athlete Oh Sehun, Married best friend


-Oh Sehun, Rugby’s Captain shocks fans with marriage and 5 facts about him.


“Hun-ah… what should we do about your image now? It’s all over  the news” Hanna said with a sad and singsong tone while face palming herself. Sehun look up to her from his open fridge. Bringing out two can of beer with him, he close the fridge and walk over to her with a small grin. He then offered the beer in front of her still covered face.


“You don need to worry about all this. I will handle it. First thing first, we need to track down your little princess and that dude. Do you think you know where they are?” 


Hanna put her hands down, taking the beer can into her hold and place it on the table in front of her. 


“We can think about that later. Do you even know that news about our marriage is everywhere and everyone is thinking that you impregnate me! Sehun! Your image that you take pride of all this while is ruined! By me!” Hanna said half shouted. Sehun casually take the beer can that he handed over to her just now and popped it open. He handed her the can once again, trying to make her take a sip and cool herself down first. Hanna eyed him in disbelief but still take the can and gulp it down in one shot. Her face scrunched up, trying hard to contain the bitterness that she felt due to too much beer she take. 


Sehun take a few sip of the beer and hold it in one hand while he lean his back to rest on the couch’s arm rest, facing Hanna in a relax mode. He need to calm down in order to ease her mind. 


“Babe… my career isnt at stake. I can get married anytime I want. I’m not some idol who needed an approval to get myself married. I don’t live off of my fan. Yes, they are important. They gave me the spirit and everything but remember babe, I do sport. That’s what I do. My image isnt as important as my ability on field. I can do what I want with my life. Nothing holds me down. So you need to get yourself cool down about that. There’s nothing to worry. I just need to talk to my couch and I’m all settle. Now, the really big thing we have to do now is to get that ing bastard and your little princess first. We need to teach them a lesson for doing this to you. What’s the estimated amount you’ve spent for the wedding and everything? I need to know the numbers.” 


Hanna let out a heavy sigh thinking about everything that had happened. In 24 hours time, Hanna lose everything. Family. Love. Money. But lucky that she still have him. 


“I don’t know. I have never counted it before. But one thing for sure, they didn’t even leave me a single cent. Im pretty much homeless and have no money at all. The house that my sister and I live, she took the deposit out without me knowing. I only know about it when the owner came as a guest and ask me when will I move my things out. The new house that I bought using all of my saving and loan that I applied, turn out that he never paid for it. He took the money. We were supposed to pay the wedding planner by Dutch pay but used my money as an advance. He promised me to pay me back after. And also…”


“There’s more??” Sehun was quiet shocked on how much innocent she is handling things like this without any suspicion and precaution.


“The honeymoon package. It was Hanni’s idea for me to give him a little surprise by booking a return ticket to Switzerland. Full package…at…that” Hanna slowed down on her words thinking about how stupid she looks in front of him, now. Sehun closes his eyes hearing that. With hands crossing his chest, Sehun look calmer than she expected. Hanna wave her hand in front of him, checking his availability. 


“I think I know where they are. When was the flight back to Korea?” Sehun asked all of sudden making Hanna jolted up a little with his spontaneous.


“In 5 days? Saturday maybe?” She said, trying to count the days with her finger and blank mind. Sehun nodded his head. 


“We got some time to plan out everything. But first of all, let get you change into something comfortable. That dress look suffocating to me now.” He leave the couch with her wrist on his grasp, taking her along as he walk into his room. 


He walk pass the bedroom and went into another door. Hanna never explore his room before so she doesn’t know what’s what so she just tag along, catching up with his step. Walking in, Sehun switch on the light she was stunned at what her eyes were seeing now. From left, the room was full with clothes hanging around in a very neat order. At the end of the room is a shelf full of shoes and his cap’s collection. On the right is full with rugby collection. You named it, jersey, protective gear, ball, and everything regarding rugby is all there, organized accordingly. At the center of the room is a glass table full with accessories. Watches, neckties, earrings, rings, wallets, everything.


“Wow, I didn’t know you could have this huge room just for your things. This seems larger than my room, man” Hanna exclaimed but Sehun just went straight to get her a nice but cozy tshirt with his rugby shorts.


“You can wear mine first. We will get your stuff tomorrow” he  said while handing her the things that he took from his shelf. Hanna took it well but gave him a weird look later that make Sehun confused.


“What? They gonna fit you well. I promise. And I think this entire closet will fit you. You can choose yourself if you want something else.” Sehun said while looking at her with an unknowing look, still. Hanna look at him again before checking on his clothes again and look at him again.


“What?” Sehun asked her again. Hanna just didn’t know how to tell him.


“I might fit all your clothes… but Hun-ah…”


“Yes?”


“I… I don’t have… you know… things that girl wear… up here?” Hanna told him. Hesitantly. While motion her hand to her chest. Her face was as red as a hot burning sun and Sehun just couldn’t hold himself in. He laugh. Hanna threw a punch on his chest and walk out of the room herself.


“Just for tonight. Its okay. I wont go near you!” Sehun said. Loud enough for her to hear outside the room. Sehun couldn’t help but smiles at her innocence. 


“She’s cute” he said.


…..


30 minutes later, Hanna came back to the living room with a fresh clothes hanging on her body. Sehun was laying down on the couch, watching some sports channel. Hanna walk closer to him and as he noticed her, he sat right up, giving space for her to sit next to him. He eyed her as she walk to him in his tshirt that seem too big on her. And his mind just couldn’t stop thinking about how she’s not wearing anything under that shirt. Being its white in color, making Sehun’s mind went cloudy with that thought. His eyes then followed to where his mind want him to, her braless chest. No matter how big his shirt is, he can somehow saw his s hanging loose on that shirt, bouncing to his eyes.


“What are you watching?” Hanna’s voice bring Sehun back to reality. He cleared his throat as his eyes went back to watching television.


“Just some random game. Do you want to watch something else?” Sehun said while flipping some other channel for her to choose.


“No its okay. Im just too tired. Where do I sleep?” Hanna asked him, yawning. Sehun brushed his hair up as he rake fingers on it after while looking at two other door that she can use. 


“You can sleep next to my room. Don’t you want to eat something first? I don’t see you eaten anything since afternoon.”


He was thinking of cooking some ramen. He himself is quiet hungry right now but she waited until she came out to actually cook something. That’s why he kills time by watching tv just now. 


“No. Im too tired to eat. I will pass.” She said while taking her first step to the said room. Sehun just didn’t hold onto her anymore. He know she has been through a lot today. A rest is all she need. 


“Goodnight wifey!” Sehun said while watching her push open the room’s door.
“Goodnight Sehun” Hanna said without looking back at him. She’s just too tired for that. 


…….


Sehun woke up to a delicious smell lingers around his room. As confuse as he is, his mind still working fine when he remember himself marrying his best friend yesterday. He glance at the clock on his bedside table. It was 7.15 AM. Isnt this too early for a breakfast? He thought to himself. He’s too used to waking up later in the afternoon when he’s on post seasons. And this is too new for him to adapt too. He woke up and leave his bed in blurred vision and mind and walk carelessly towards the kitchen.


“What are you doing at 7 ing AM?” She said as her back could be seen from where he walk out of his room. Hanna turn around to greeted him good morning with a sweet smile plastered on her face.


“I cooked something for us. But your fridge is pretty much empty for someone who earns thousands and thousands of money a month don’t you think?” Sehun scoffed at her remarks


“Its because I get thousands and thousands of money

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter