Can I name you mine?

An ordinary love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was standing in front of my lockers, getting my books for the next lesson when suddenly a bouquet appeared right in front of me. I blinked a few times confused about what was happening and turned around to see Yujin standing behind me with a big smile on her face.

Yujin: Do you like it? I saw them on the way here to school and I thought of you immediately, so I had to get them.

I took the flowers and sniffed them. They had an aromatic smell to them, that you couldn't help but feel relaxed.

Jahoon: They are very pretty and smell nice but you know that you don't have to give me flowers or anything. I kind of feel a bit sad for them.

Yujin: Why unnie?

Jahoon: They are destined to die as soon as you pick them. Losing their firmness and smell even after having them in water but the only thing that you can do is try to keep them alive for a longer period before they have to dry away.

I looked at them as I admired each one of them. I know what I just said may sound a little depressing but that was just the truth. Flowers were just like us humans. We live and slowly wither away before we eventually die. We were no different from the flowers. I felt arms wrapping around me and I looked up to see Yujin smiling at me sweetly.

Yujin: Awww~ I didn't know that my precious Jahoon unnie was this much of a sentimental person~

Jahoon: I'm not. I'm just speaking the truth.

Yujin: Still~ Unnie is so cute~

Yujin pinched my cheeks as she kept squealing about how cute I was. I just pouted in annoyance and swatted her hands away from my face. The school bell rang indicating that it was time for us to move to class.

Jahoon: You don't have to keep walking me to class every single day now Yujin. You know that there hasn't been anyone bothering me for the past few months now.

Yujin: I know unnie but you never know if it's because they had really stopped bothering you or is it because I'm with you most of the time. Whatever it is, I want to be there to be available to protect you. I also like to live with the saying: "better safe than sorry". Also, how am I going to court you if I'm not trying to be with you the whole time?

We arrived at the classroom and I was about to walk inside when Yujin stopped me.

Yujin: Wait unnie will you go on a date with me again today? I will bring you out to the best restaurant in town that I know of.

Jahoon: Sure but you better also have access to your savings because I like to eat.

Yujin: I will definitely have that in preparation. See you later after school!

Yujin kissed me on the cheek and ran off again before I could say anything. I just smiled to myself and walked over to my seat only to get a suspicious look from my friends.

Jahoon: Why are you guys looking at me like this?

Kyujin: We are sorry unnie but we are just worried because something doesn't feel quite right.

Jahoon: Like?

Jinni: Like more in being suspicious that Yujin has other things in plan than courting you.

Jahoon: I don't understand where you guys are going with this.

Lily: We are suspicious that Yujin actually doesn't like you but is actually after something else. Why else would she be trying that hard to have you become her girlfriend?

Jahoon: Come on you guys. You are just overthinking! You would probably be doing the same if you guys were trying to court someone.

Haewon: We are just worried about you Jahoon unnie. We just want the best to happen to you and see you happy. But unnie you can't deny it, you must also think that it seems a bit suspicious by how hard she is trying.

I was about to answer back when the teacher suddenly walked inside the classroom and ordered everyone to sit down and be quiet. Even though my eyes were on the teacher, my whole attention was on the conversation. No matter how much I think about it, something is bothering me and I can't just seem to shake it off. Maybe I should be more careful with Yujin in the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yujin: Jahoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter